List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Mack Ray will be a great addition to our midfield, hopefully he is just as good as his older Bulldogs brother Farren Ray.

It’s a F3 for Macrae or no deal for me. Pick 43 will be a damn good 18yo and we should retain this pick at all costs, including missing out on Macrae.

We should draw a line with the WB, they can get absolutely ****ed.

Bruce for nothing
Coffield for nothing
They’re current CEO for nothing

Cordy, Wallis, Liberatore, Hunter, Cordy, West, Darcy, Croft all for NOTHING

Ugle-Hagen, Khamis NOTHING

Go and get absolutely ****ed with your pick 24 in a strong draft for a bloody 30yo
We will have to give this years almost certainly but I otherwise agree with you, this draft that pick is going to be in the mid 30s by the time bidding selection is done and this draft is very deep. Bulldogs will absolutely draft a good player using that one, I have no doubt.

Also, on Merrett, his manager was the one who approached the Saints attempting to drum up interest to force a contract renegotiation with Essendon. Scummy as hell.

hawks brought in the iffy mitchell who then won a brownlow.

Lions brought in an iffy neale who did the same, twice.

There are truckloads of examples of teams trading in 'iffy' mids and having success- those are just the headline grabbing ones where it was a gigantic homerun.
Lots of less dramatic (but still successful) examples exist also.

Hell, carlton brought in a very iffy goat from freo- and that turned out pretty well for them

View attachment 2115474

I have to push back on this a bit.

Neale was 25, a 2x BNF winner and probably Freo's best player besides Fyfe at the time of that trade, I wouldn't call that iffy.

Tom Mitchell was averaging 50 touches a game in the NEAFL and just couldn't crack the absolutely stacked Swans midfield.

Matt Kennedy is so far from either of those, I like him and want him in but he's not going to transform a midfield situation like the examples you provided. Acres is a better example

We will have to give this years almost certainly but I otherwise agree with you, this draft that pick is going to be in the mid 30s by the time bidding selection is done and this draft is very deep. Bulldogs will absolutely draft a good player using that one, I have no doubt.

Also, on Merrett, his manager was the one who approached the Saints attempting to drum up interest to force a contract renegotiation with Essendon. Scummy as hell.
We don’t HAVE to do anything.

Offer F3 or nothing and be willing to walk. Let’s have a nutsack for once. They hold 0 cards.. as if they will keep a 31yo 850k player rotting out of position who requested a trade.

We’ll be fine without him. We need to keep 43

I'm confused (and maybe a little concerned) about what we could have possibly offered that is "life changing" for a footballer who has already been earning ~900k for a good part of his career and drives around in a Lamborghini. A few extra overseas holidays and some extensions on the house, sure, but life changing? They're easy words for him to say now but no doubt Zach was either a little more interested in getting out of Essendon than he's letting on here, or was just using us as a wedge for negotiations with the club to which he is professing all this loyalty. Either way sounds like he's achieved his goal

It’s a F3 for Macrae or no deal for me. Pick 43 will be a damn good 18yo and we should retain this pick at all costs, including missing out on Macrae.

We should draw a line with the WB, they can get absolutely ****ed.

Bruce for nothing
Coffield for nothing
They’re current CEO for nothing

Cordy, Wallis, Liberatore, Hunter, Cordy, West, Darcy, Croft all for NOTHING

Ugle-Hagen, Khamis NOTHING

Go and get absolutely ****ed with your pick 24 in a strong draft for a bloody 30yo
This is magnificent.
And I couldn't agree more

We don’t HAVE to do anything.

Offer F3 or nothing and be willing to walk. Let’s have a nutsack for once. They hold 0 cards.. as if they will keep a 31yo 850k player rotting out of position who requested a trade.

We’ll be fine without him. We need to keep 43
A lot hinges on the Battle and Membrey compensation picks. Not adjusting for picks sliding around, best case is something like 7, 8, 24, 38, 43 (Band 1 Battle, Band 4 Membrey). Worst case it's 7, 19, 24, 43 (Band 2 Battle, nothing for Membrey).

In the first case I think 43 is expendable and I'd rather keep the F3 which might not be far off that mark anyway. Wouldn't be offering much more than that though. Maybe 38+43 for Macrae+44 gets it done.

The Bulldogs also pinched Bevo off us when he was set to be our football manager or coaching manager alongside Richo.

He could have been our caretaker coach instead of Ratten when Richo got the axe so he owes us and he knows it, pay up.

A lot hinges on the Battle and Membrey compensation picks. Not adjusting for picks sliding around, best case is something like 7, 8, 24, 38, 43 (Band 1 Battle, Band 4 Membrey). Worst case it's 7, 19, 24, 43 (Band 2 Battle, nothing for Membrey).

In the first case I think 43 is expendable and I'd rather keep the F3 which might not be far off that mark anyway. Wouldn't be offering much more than that though. Maybe 38+43 for Macrae+44 gets it done.

Not sure where 38 has apparated from but happy to hold it in your hypothetical.

7, 8, 38, 43 should be the best possible 18yos. This draft looks to drop off after 50 but any player from 11-40 could be as good as each other so no chance in the world I’m willing to give a leg up to the bulldogs.

Macrae can play half forward again next year and purchase an investment property for all I care.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back