List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we replace "ruckman" with "tap out artist"?

Because any ruckman does more than just hit outs. Otherwise we should see what Mark Blake is doing these days.

I don't know what I'll do if Owens is running around at Sandy because Soldo is in the team. Caminiti I can understand (not necessarily agree with but understand) but Mitchito? Our best post-clearance contested ball winner? Might as well replace him with Bonner.

There’s some mental gymnastics there.

Mitch won’t be at Sandy.

He also won’t be sacrificing his body as a back up to Roma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got drafted as a rookie in 2015 ,has played only 60 odd AFL games in that time and now possibly going to be at his third club in 3 years.As well as becoming 3rd in line at Port.Agree F3 is fair.
Maybe we involve Hayes in the deal

"Grundy, a two-time All-Australian, was traded to Sydney in exchange for pick 46 and a future second-round pick."

Soldo is this years Grundy, without the several seasons of elite football behind him.

F3 pick is more than fair.

We have gone quiet on the small pressure forward front after some interest in Stengle, and a rumour around Konstanty.
Wonder if HHK will be our Sandy selection, addressing both our small fwd and Sandy rookie selection issues.

His numbers at Sydney were reasonably good. Started slow at Sandy but was trending the right way by the end.

Thats the attitude of a journalist, why wouldn't he go there how else are sides going to improve, so he goe's to Carlton or Collingwood or even Geelong that's not what we want to see, otherwise you keep adding to the 2 tiered comp.
Well it’s the perspective of a footy fan who can see North are a basket case. Plenty of other places he can go beyond the big 4. I’m simply saying if I was in his shoes I wouldn’t in a million years go to North. Why leave a top 4 team for a bottom 3 team, unless it’s for more playing opportunity or eye watering money (doubling your annual salary). Neither of which are true

Well it’s the perspective of a footy fan who can see North are a basket case. Plenty of other places he can go beyond the big 4. I’m simply saying if I was in his shoes I wouldn’t in a million years go to North. Why leave a top 4 team for a bottom 3 team, unless it’s for more playing opportunity or eye watering money (doubling your annual salary). Neither of which are true
You have got to admire Houston just nominated a state not a club, he wants to come home that's it unlike some players i want to go home but i nominate & so on.

"Grundy, a two-time All-Australian, was traded to Sydney in exchange for pick 46 and a future second-round pick."

Soldo is this years Grundy, without the several seasons of elite football behind him.

F3 pick is more than fair.
Except Grundy is a 2x All Australian and Soldo is…well…a 0x All Australian

His teammate Jordon Sweet is a better example imo

Battle has been done to death, but I know that prior to his resigning he was unhappy with the club and his role.
May have asked for the smaller length contract and the deal was smaller length smaller $$$ amount.
Goes both ways. His manager would know FA rules and may have looked down the track for the big payday.
Big payday came, but when they found out about him being mentioned in dispatches (like dozens of players every year) he got huffy again.
My feeling is he was never really happy since Rattens time and decided months ago to leave.
Pretty poor to mislead his teammates though about where he was going.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we replace "ruckman" with "tap out artist"?

Because any ruckman does more than just hit outs. Otherwise we should see what Mark Blake is doing these days.

I don't know what I'll do if Owens is running around at Sandy because Soldo is in the team. Caminiti I can understand (not necessarily agree with but understand) but Mitchito? Our best post-clearance contested ball winner? Might as well replace him with Bonner.
Needs to start playing in the mids and not as a full forward and back up ruckman.

If Soldo makes the team, hopefully that means Owens is keeping out a mid or small forward. But I do wonder how a forward line of Marshall, King, Sharman, Owens functions, they’re not the smallest or fastest brigade… and Owens isn’t ready to play full time mid ahead of Macrae, Steele, even Phillipou. So I understand your worries.

Hopefully a solid preseason for Chito building up his tank… play in the Martin/De Goey type roll we have been calling out for. He looked like he was going to break into that in 2023.

You have got to admire Houston just nominated a state not a club, he wants to come home that's it unlike some players i want to go home but i nominate & so on.

Spot on.
Equally- houston has also said that he's ok to stay at port (for another year at least) if a suitable trade can't be struck.

Soooo many examples of contracted players getting 'homesick' etc- but strangely only homesick to play for 1 club in their home state (which happens to have tabled them a giant pile of money).

Nominating a state only for contracted players should be a rule.
If players don't like it- they can see out the contract they agreed to.

Except Grundy is a 2x All Australian and Soldo is…well…a 0x All Australian

His teammate Jordon Sweet is a better example imo
Yeah, that's the point i was making. Grundy will end up costing Sydney 46 (last year) and roughly 36 this year.

Soldo's market value by comparison should be a single pick around the 50 mark, which a F3 would be close enough to.

Spot on.
Equally- houston has also said that he's ok to stay at port (for another year at least) if a suitable trade can't be struck.

Soooo many examples of contracted players getting 'homesick' etc- but strangely only homesick to play for 1 club in their home state (which happens to have tabled them a giant pile of money).

Nominating a state only for contracted players should be a rule.
If players don't like it- they can see out the contract they agreed to.
I've been saying this for years. The club should be allowed to extract as much value from their player as possible.

We have gone quiet on the small pressure forward front after some interest in Stengle, and a rumour around Konstanty.
I think we are lacking in this area. Particularly one who gets up the ground and can use it by foot. Felt we had to many midsized players in the forward line this year. Having the likes of Membrey, Sharman, Owens, Pou (early in the season) rotating forward hurt our pressure game. Plus Owens, Membrey and butler all struggle with field kicking inside 50.

The challenge is finding the right fit and giving Owens and Pou a big crack in the midfield.

Wonder if HHK will be our Sandy selection, addressing both our small fwd and Sandy rookie selection issues.

His numbers at Sydney were reasonably good. Started slow at Sandy but was trending the right way by the end.

His goals seem few and far between.
Garcia has kicked more i think. Though it looks like HHK has not always played forward.

Just realised bonner played 19 games this year.

That makes me very nervous about battles compo not being pick 8.

Us playing bonner so much this year (despite him not being very good) tells me that ross thinks there is plenty of room in our side for another half back (alongside nas and sincs).

Us seemingly dropping out of the race for houston a week or two ago could well be off the back of getting informal word from the AFL that it's not band 1 for battle.

Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't add up that we wouldn't be (at very least) putting our hand up for houston if we thought we were a good chance at having pick 8.

Us playing bonner so much this year (despite him not being very good) tells me that ross thinks there is plenty of room in our side for another half back (alongside nas and sincs).

Us seemingly dropping out of the race for houston a week or two ago could well be off the back of getting informal word from the AFL that it's not band 1 for battle.

Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't add up that we wouldn't be (at very least) putting our hand up for houston if we thought we were a good chance at having pick 8.
Us dropping out of the Houston race is because he would cost too much, regardless of whether we get 8 or not. The club would rather take the pick to the draft. As mentioned a little while ago the club wants Ari to take Bonners spot.

By the same token…. How would we have afforded Merrett without pick 8?

Webster and Stocker missed a fair chunk of games this season and Clark who can play in defence also missed a heap of games games.
Bonner dropped out of the team when all were available

Gettable -

• Peatling still working through his decision. Saints one of the clubs in the market for him. Giants offer 3 years. Every other offer 4 or 5 years.
  • Soldo. Keen to get to the saints. Saints keen to get him. Saints want to partner him up with Marshall. “I think that will happen”
  • Membrey. Unlikely to go to Melbourne. Not sure where he ends up.
  • Macrae. Will play out until the second week as it seems the dogs want more than 43.
  • Battle. 6 year deal at Hawthorn. Compo pick is draft defining for the saints. “Very very tight whether this is band 1 or 2”
  • Houston. Blues or Carlton.
  • Sam Frost. Saints interested. Thinks he will stay at the hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back