List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Il be damned. Corn agrees with the prez
Port Adelaide, Corn's old club, suffers like the rest of us.
Don't know about their FS's but a NGA from Sydney or Brisbane may have had them.in a Grand Final last Saturday.
I rage about how unfair it is to St.Kilda but other clubs suffer.
Why should WCE not be able to match our bid on Collard, someone we regard so highly we just gave a 3 year extension?

It stink to high heaven but the AFL client media, all the talking heads on SEN, all the journo's will defend the AFL's position.
They are like the Murdoch media for the AFL.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Totally understand its not a fair system but i doubt anyone on here or at the club would have even raised the issue if Plugger and Spud had 7 boys instead of 7 girls

I'd be pissy still in this scenario, as the AFL is a corrupt group of sycophants that are killing the game as they're far too busy kissing each others tushes to care. It's just another inequality in the supposedly greatest game of all, is all.

People see the means for equality so that all have a chance if you're smart enough, have enough of a plan, have luck, have a great many things all at once.. then meanwhile you have those with cash just buy things instead.

If we had a spine of Plugger and Spud and they were all world eaters of best in class, it'd be just as BS if we paid 14 round #5's for the lot of them as it would getting a potential #1 for a round 3 & 4. The cost attached is the inequality as it does not reflect the value and this creates a disconnect to people that don't wear suits daily to bend at the waist or wear kneepads.

I still think there's a possibility that our skipper is in different colours next season and Brayshaw, Callaghan and maaaaaybe Sean Darcy are in Saints colours.

Split 8 into two later firsts
Those two later firsts and a future first for Brayshaw, Darcy and something else coming back
Steele goes back home to Canberra for Finn with other picks involved.
Still leaves us with a top 10 for the draft.

Freo will need future firsts for Chad - maybe even for this year, not to mention salary off their books if they're getting Chad, Bolton and maybe Kosi

I don't think Steele is Rossys type of guy nor Ross is Steeles flavour - they can sell it well enough by saying that Jack's always had a pull to return home and vise versa for Callaghan.

IN: Brayshaw, Darcy, Callaghan
Out: Steele, P8, Future First
Then Steele would be a hypocrite as he refused to mention Battle in his speech last night

Think of it like this.

Forget who is going #1 this year. Richmond have the #1 pick, and a team wants that pick. What would Richmond trade the #1 pick away for?

That's the fair price, and nothing less.
In principal, but wouldn't work though in the end. Peter Bell types would just hold the pick hostage asking for the universe.

I reckon something like get within 5 picks (and make up rest with later picks). That makes 5 clubs from which one might negotiate fairly. The nominating club misses the player, chooses the next best, then gets the pick within 5 from the other team. Would encourage teams to nominate earlier.

There may be huge holes in this plan, but better than having to get that particular pick off one club imo.

If one of those boys is a top 5 pick. Then he will be worth the assets required to take him
And that's the point. If we had a player how is son of a 100 game player who was an Ashcroft type, we should pay for that player.
What hypocrites we would be if we whinged about paying for a good player.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

In principal, but wouldn't work though in the end. Peter Bell types would just hold the pick hostage asking for the universe.

I reckon something like get within 5 picks (and make up rest with later picks). That makes 5 clubs from which one might negotiate fairly. The nominating club misses the player, chooses the next best, then gets the pick within 5 from the other team. Would encourage teams to nominate earlier.

There may be huge holes in this plan, but better than having to get that particular pick off one club imo.

So Brisbane wouldn't get Levi Ashcroft, but instead the best player in the draft would go to the worst team? Sounds fine to me.

Brisbane just won the premiership, and will get the best player in the draft and give up nothing to get him. If you are happy with that, then a small part of you (that you probably deny) is happy with St Kilda being trampled on.

The system is inherently unfair, the Father-Son rule cannot be "fixed", and Bassatt's rhetoric about a fair price is just an admission of the reality of the situation.

The Buckley situation (he played a year for Brisbane before getting to Collingwood) would be better. Richmond should get Levi Ashcroft or fair compensation for not getting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the answer is pretty simple. You must have a pick within 10 picks of the point at which the player is selected - that means a top ten pick for a player in the top ten. Any shortfall is taken from your later picks sliding back! If that means you have to trade ahead of time with team with a top ten pick, then that is half the competition, you can get a deal done!

The access AND the cost are currently the problem. Top teams are getting to double dip in the draft - which is meant to be the great equalisation vehicle!

Then there is the fact that no-one else can pick the northern academy kids!! How many first rounders did GC get last year that no-one else had access to? How many the year before? That needs to be capped - two per year, or maybe no more than 3 in any two-year rolling period - or maybe one per round (only one first rounder, one second rounder etc)

I rate Kane Cornes. He plays a role to some degree, but most of his takes are pretty dead on IMO.
He actually isn’t afraid to say something against the afl. Unlike Edmonds who just tows the party line. I’m still baffled that some journos don’t actually know the real workings of the academy and fs system. Need more corns

Then Steele would be a hypocrite as he refused to mention Battle in his speech last night

Given it was ChatGPT that Steele was reading from, he could just claim "I started seeing WW2 text and got scared" for the lack of Battle commentary in the speech. As Wilkie didn't write a script, he named as loose unit, I mean, who drinks their own toast before a toast? SMH.

So Brisbane wouldn't get Levi Ashcroft, but instead the best player in the draft would go to the worst team? Sounds fine to me.

Brisbane just won the premiership, and will get the best player in the draft and give up nothing to get him. If you are happy with that, then a small part of you (that you probably deny) is happy with St Kilda being trampled on.

The system is inherently unfair, the Father-Son rule cannot be "fixed", and Bassatt's rhetoric about a fair price is just an admission of the reality of the situation.

The Buckley situation (he played a year for Brisbane before getting to Collingwood) would be better. Richmond should get Levi Ashcroft or fair compensation for not getting him.

Brisbane also get Marshall who is also an excellent player ranked between about pick 18 and 25 range. Next year get Annabel who is already a gun. GC get another couple of stars next year too. Both top talents including possible pick 1 after three top picks last year.

Some of his takes are dead on. The ones that stare you straight in the face.

When it comes to game day analysis however he's about the worst in the business. Very surface level

He's carved out a niche as an agitator. Don't mind him to be honest.

He's carved out a niche as an agitator. Don't mind him to be honest.

I don't mind him when he sticks to his strengths and talks on the area's he understands. Its not his role as an agitator that bugs me.

But blatantly making up fake stats like he did about Max King or trying explain game plan issues he bugs me.

The system is inherently unfair, the Father-Son rule cannot be "fixed", and Bassatt's rhetoric about a fair price is just an admission of the reality of the situation......

Personally, I have no issue with father son selections, it's the cost which is the rort.

I think if Brisbane had to trade pick 18 & their F1, maybe also a player for a top 5 or 10 pick to pay for Levi - it would feel like a fairer system. If they want him bad enough, they'd make the trade work. In that scenario, there is still the romance of having access to a father son, you just don't get them for next to nothing.

As for the academies, as much as I dont believe they should exist, the cost should be the same - within 5 or 10 picks of their selection.

I don't mind him when he sticks to his strengths and talks on the area's he understands. Its not his role as an agitator that bugs me.

But blatantly making up fake stats like he did about Max King or trying explain game plan issues he bugs me.

I like it when he shits other fans off. Not so much when we cop it but you need to take your turn I guess. I love a good troll standing back admiring his bushfire and he's masterful.

Personally, I have no issue with father son selections, it's the cost which is the rort.

I think if Brisbane had to trade pick 18 & their F1, maybe also a player for a top 5 or 10 pick to pay for Levi - it would feel like a fairer system. If they want him bad enough, they'd make the trade work. In that scenario, there is still the romance of having access to a father son, you just don't get them for next to nothing.

As for the academies, as much as I dont believe they should exist, the cost should be the same - within 5 or 10 picks of their selection.

Yeah, like academies it shouldn't be a given that a club has to take them. If the cost is more than they are prepared to give up, leave them for someone else. If they are too good to miss, trade up for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back