List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints still copping flack for telling Battle not to come.

Meanwhile at Richmond. You have players addressing the crowd like this.

And I get there is no way to make this okay with everyone. But sometimes the right decision is to not put people in situations like the below.

Pahahhaha, gold.

Bolton clearly uncomfortable, so I can understand that and could have easily simply forgotten to say anything in his desire to not be publicly speaking. Or embarrassed and not knowing what to say.

Baker, though. Wow. Grow up.

I think we need to prioritise draft picks this year. So agree no deal if they want 2nd rounder.
Agree. Grab a DFA for both KD and Ruck. If we go hard mids / mid sizers this year then we will be better placed to go full bore at talls. I know it’s difficult, but otherwise use the same pick on a young ruck or key back and out some onus on an experience DFA and Heath going into his fifth year (well, 4th in reality for him).

Aside from the court case which I don't want to get into, Hawthorn have been overdogs for 60 years. They should be no one's sentimental favourite or second side. While Ken Hinkley was an idiot, I was happy the Power knocked them over. I hope the Hawks fall in a hole next season and stay there for a looooong while.

End communication.
The “family club” was the biggest misnomer ever!

The club clearly want Soldo for a role alongside Ro. Ro's best and fairest tally shows the coaches think there are elements of his game that could be better utilised.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us give up an F2 with an F3 coming back. Some will be very unhappy with that, hopefully we end up seeing it as worth it.

The club clearly want Soldo for a role alongside Ro. Ro's best and fairest tally shows the coaches think there are elements of his game that could be better utilised.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us give up an F2 with an F3 coming back. Some will be very unhappy with that, hopefully we end up seeing it as worth it.
Ro could end up being a 40-50 goal a year forward if Soldo comes in. If this was the plan all along then it makes sense why Membrey is exploring his options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris - Leek Aleer meet up with us. We offered a 6 year deal.

Watch for 12 months time

Edited to add tweet

Be nice if we could persuade him to leave this year, he would be the perfect fill in for Battle at CHB. GWS are bleeding players so they he might be difficult to move this year. I wonder what he would cost trade wise next year?

We havent heard any more about Tomlinson he would be the perfect gap filler until we grab a player like Aleer.

Tom Morris - Leek Aleer meet up with us. We offered a 6 year deal.

Watch for 12 months time

Edited to add tweet

So it is obvious for anyone still unsure of what the President meant by hitting the draft in succession. It is obvious we want to go all in on the draft this year then go all in on Brayshaw, LDU, Callaghan, Leek Aleer etc in trading in 2025.

It could not be more transparent to other clubs and our own supporters who care to pay attention.

Should we look at Preuss and put him through a physical? He might be cooked the reason GWS have delisted him, but if he has sorted his injuries out he would be a cheap backup option. He has only played 3 x VFL games in the past 2 years he would be a risk, but Soldo has a long history of being fairly injury prone also.

I would love for the club to also target and grab a young ruckman at the draft.

Ro could end up being a 40-50 goal a year forward if Soldo comes in. If this was the plan all along then it makes sense why Membrey is exploring his options.

I wouldn't go that crazy.

But yeah, I can see a world where we like the concept of marshall playing fwd ~40-50% of each game.

This in theory would have the benefits of:
A. him being more impactful and dynamic when he is rucking (due to less running) and
B. him being more impactful and dynamic when it matters- ie in September (due to less running over the course of the whole season).

The success of a contruct like this hinges on the ability for both Soldo and Roma to kick goals regularly.

'Regularly' I think realistically means getting the kind of output that peak paddy ryder was able to produce- ie average of a goal a game.

If we think we could get circa 45-50 goals a year from soldo and marshall combined- then it's worth pursuing I think.

Should we look at Preuss and put him through a physical? He might be cooked the reason GWS have delisted him, but if he has sorted his injuries out he would be a cheap backup option. He has only played 3 x VFL games in the past 2 years he would be a risk, but Soldo has a long history of being fairly injury prone also.

I would love for the club to also target and grab a young ruckman at the draft.
I'd look at him over Soldo. If his body is fine, he'd be a great backup. His free price instead of a F2nd is super appealing particularly when there is a strong agreement they are the same quality of player.

So it is obvious for anyone still unsure of what the President meant by hitting the draft in succession. It is obvious we want to go all in on the draft this year then go all in on Brayshaw, LDU, Callaghan, Leek Aleer etc in trading in 2025.

It could not be more transparent to other clubs and our own supporters who care to pay attention.
I'd like to add TDK to that list, which is why I care not for the reports of a second rounder involved in a Soldo trade. I was of the opinion that we probably offered big bucks to Weitering to squeeze the Blues for TDK. Same could possibly be said for Callaghan and Leek, although we have a desperate need for both asap.

I'd be so excited for any or all of these guys, they sound perfect - but why are we the only club who seems to be reported on for unlikely players 12 months out. Call me impatient, but are we just a negotiation tactic club?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back