List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne will likely a fair chunk of Oliver's salary, don't see how Geelong fit him in otherwise.

Clubs have to stop helping out Geelong's salary cap
If anyone is dumb enough to provide Melbourne with First rounders then the Dees I would imagine can’t accept that offer quick enough - even if they contribute cap for the next 6 years.

The old saying is, "When taking revenge, dig two graves."

I did the same when my two kids were born, Stavro. My son has now grown into a typically frustrated and suffering Saint. Mission accomplished.

My daughter, on the other hand and abandoned the Saints in her early teens. To make matters worse, she caved into incessant pressure from her maternal grandmother and in laws and crossed to.....I can barely write this......the filth!!!!🤮💩

That happened after the GF loss in 2009. She couldn't stand the, "The pain and losses."

The 2010 GF must rank among the worst days of my life. She and my mother in law really rubbed it in afterwards. They still are. She rose from her grave. I'm still in mine.

Beware, grasshopper.🦗
A very funny post there WFG.

Unfortunately.....way way too close to home.

"She rose from the grave"...........love it !!!!

I've heard a few of those stories.

And on revenge....they reckon it's best served cold.

:):):)

If anyone is dumb enough to provide Melbourne with First rounders then the Dees I would imagine can’t accept that offer quick enough - even if they contribute cap for the next 6 years.
A fit Oliver would be great for us , however the pressure applied to him to be the clubs savior would undoubtedly be to heavy a burden to take and most probably make him worse than he already is at the moment.
Whoever gets brought into the club becomes a target , you only have to look at Hanerberry and Hill.

A fit Oliver would be great for us , however the pressure applied to him to be the clubs savior would undoubtedly be to heavy a burden to take and most probably make him worse than he already is at the moment.
Whoever gets brought into the club becomes a target , you only have to look at Hanerberry and Hill.
If he goes for a cherry ripe and the demons paying salary.

I feel like we will have missed out.

I don't think anyone would take on Oliver's full contract unless Melbourne attached picks to the deal.

If it was us, I'd want Melbourne's pick 5 to take on Oliver's full contract.
If it was us, I'd agree. But since it's Geelong, I hope Melbourne dig their heels in and do everything they can to not pay a cent.

True , we are able to offer a better offer for him than the Cats but can we bring him back to his best.
For as long as we want to run this dual narrative of draft and competitiveness and throwing stupid money at players we are striking out on.

You have to be in the market for opportunities like this.

Thank Christ it’s soccer season and there is sport in the wee hours of the morning mate. 😂
I'll be looking forward to that from November. The 19yr old step son is expecting their first. And as they live here i feel like my sleep with diminish for a little while in the near future 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting

Sounds like a gamble

gY8CPkD.gif

I just really hope Clarry and Smithy can finish their careers uninjured and successful all the while upholding Geelongs exemplary cultural standing and become the farmers they strive to be.

I just really hope Clarry and Smithy can finish their careers uninjured and successful all the while upholding Geelongs exemplary cultural standing and become the farmers they strive to be.
Green Acres anyone !!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back