List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I just really hope Clarry and Smithy can finish their careers uninjured and successful all the while upholding Geelongs exemplary cultural standing and become the farmers they strive to be.
Might be the first poppy farm in the Geelong region

How sad is it that west coast had to pay an absolute fortune for Kelly which has probably set them back 7 years and will probably end up giving him away to freo for a bag of smiths crisps.
I wish them all the best and hope Tim flourishes at freo.

View attachment 2129516In more important news saints tragic Aaron gocs has ordered a dominos pizza under the name fart

I’ve ordered so many pizzas online with them using bogus email addresses.

Seriously, so many businesses suck off the email gravy train that I now have a separate email address that I rarely check now for such registrations.

I’ve ordered so many pizzas online with them using bogus email addresses.

Seriously, so many businesses suck off the email gravy train that I now have a separate email address that I rarely check now for such registrations.
I’m using hide my mail a lot. I am gumbo_0_musical@icloud.com to Temu.

No the idea that just because a player has one parent born in another country and needs 'extra support' to get into the afl imo is the soft bigorty of low expectation, ie Cam Mckenzie.. It is wrong imo.
I have to agree it's a bit of a broad sweep to say everyone with any indigenous blood or overseas background needs assistance getting into footy. Mitch and Marcus two great examples.

I reckon for both situations, academy admission should hinge on how much junior footy they have previously played, otherwise it's a bit of a joke.

I'm actually getting a bit sick of Geelong and resenting the players that request a trade there. What happened to the old school mentality of sticking it out with your club until they reach success.

Now every player just requests a trade to a more successful club and fulfils the cycle of good teams getting better. The part that makes it worse is that they are taking paycuts (if Geelong propaganda is to be believed and it's not just additional sponsorship money or gifted farmland).

I sincerely hope with these trades they have flown too close to the sun and have an almighty blow up fueled by cocaine and pokies and they're aging stars retire leaving them like Richmond are now.

OH and aparently they are lobbying to play 10 games at Pork Barrell park not 9 next year, seriously get out.
How dare they want to play their home games at their home ground, the sheer nerve of them.

While we’re there. The compo pick for free agency compensates the club that lost the player but disadvantages the clubs behind them in favour of the two clubs that did the deal.
How is that fair?
How do they come up with this shit??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure most would have seen it, but Maxy King looking larger and jacked in the video the club put out today.

Thats a pretty big in if we can get a stronger more powerful King back in the team.
Thought the same thing.
He’s massif

If anyone is dumb enough to provide Melbourne with First rounders then the Dees I would imagine can’t accept that offer quick enough - even if they contribute cap for the next 6 years.
Cant help thinking its like a swinging pendulum, right now long contracts are all the go, it'll only take a few clubs to be paying gazillions for years, before it swings back the other way.

Just hope Saints are a team who keep it real. ( More likely the opposite in our history though).

With us throwing money at Aleer and being turned down again, just wondering how many that would make now?

Aleer, Merrett, LDU?, I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting.
Where is it reported we were turned down? Thought it was for after next year.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

And why do you just sense that everything will be all rosy down at Geelong and they win another 1 or 2 in the next 5 years.

Because they aren't being gutless and are trying to achieve actual success (flags).

Meanwhile we are happy to take pretend risks- like trying annually to land a big fish rfa gun midfielder... which will never happen.
And when we strike out on taking those pretend risks- we go back in our shell and set our sights on success being 'not being bottom 4 for a while and playing finals occasionally'.

Give me geelongs 'go big or go home' approach anyday- especially when we have such a split in our list.
Almost all our elite talent is either about to hit 30, or a full decade younger.

We need to pick which group is going to be leading our charge to our 2nd flag.
If it's the older guys- we should be throwing first rounders at LDU and/or brayshaw this year.

If it's the kids- we need to be looking at shipping off one of the likes of steele/marshall/sinclair if it gained us a top 10 pick.

We need to stop trying to be half pregnant- it's not going to get us actual success, in the short or longer term.

Last edited:
I genuinely have no idea how Geelong could get the deal done.
I struggle to comprehend how Geelong could afford to pay even 3/4 of his annual salary.
And would be curious if Melbourne trades him for no picks just to get the salary and behaviour away from them?
I despise Geelong more than most and hope it ends as a train wreck for them.
I’d be filthy if they somehow weaselled their way into getting a strong pick from melb included in the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back