List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

It certainly helps when you have Geelong supporting sycophants throughout the media.

Can you imagine Whateley’s diatribe if it was a StK player coked out of their brain in a nightclub on a Tuesday morning?

AFL club culture is nothing more than how well a club is able to cover up scandals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managing the media is something we need to improve.
The "St Kilda Schoolgirl" was reportedly involved with three players. Armitage, Gilbert and Beams.

One of those players dropped out of the narrative in the first week.

“I wish I lived on a farm, would have been sick, I love the farm,” Oliver said on an Unlaced podcast episode released this week.

View attachment 2129863

No one who has lived on a farm would have said this statement, unless they enjoy the smell of shit, dust storms, swimming with random things that draw blood, playing golf with fish heads as you've since lost the balls somewhere across many acres of land, and you have a pilots license or like driving km to get just one thing cause you did meat, "neighbour" did dairy and other "neighbours" did other things for an agreeable market condition for bartering goods so everyone could enjoy if you travelled 10km one way in any direction.

Oliver would not last 5 minutes, would get mad shakes "what do you mean you have to pump your petrol and wait for a truck and no one delivers?"

Not sure thats a wise move by his management. Probably would play every week with us, not sure if he would at the Hawks with their new recruits. Best way to prolong your career is to play games. Maybe he wants to retire end of next year?

Think he still plays there if they have Battle, Barrass and send Sicily forward. They still need a lump stopper.

No one who has lived on a farm would have said this statement, unless they enjoy the smell of shit, dust storms, swimming with random things that draw blood, playing golf with fish heads as you've since lost the balls somewhere across many acres of land, and you have a pilots license or like driving km to get just one thing cause you did meat, "neighbour" did dairy and other "neighbours" did other things for an agreeable market condition for bartering goods so everyone could enjoy if you travelled 10km one way in any direction.

Oliver would not last 5 minutes, would get mad shakes "what do you mean you have to pump your petrol and wait for a truck and no one delivers?"
the only people who want a farm are those who don't have to derive a livable single income from said property.

We were linked as recently as yesterday.

I suggested we look at him before seasons end, if we brought him across that would spell the end of Hotton we will run out list positions.

Particularly if the club intend in honouring their Sandringham rookie deal. We couldnt have found a worse club to align with than Sandringham, they are as broke and poorly run as we have been.

Beveridge has a happy knack of not wanting to mix up his midfield no matter how well they are going. This season they will lose Bailey, Macrae and likely Garcia because of his ignorance. The really stupid thing is they are chasing other mids eg Peatling.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were linked as recently as yesterday.

He's a level above when he drops down to the VFL. He is playing as a high half forward/medium forward at the Dogs. Ideally probably goes into the midfield. Averages 29 touches and 114 FA points this year.

the only people who want a farm are those who don't have to derive a livable single income from said property.
In my youth we lived near a place that was an agistment property and horse-riding school, so I worked there on weekends for my spending money. The daughters of the wealthy who kept horses there thought it was paradise on earth (and were a significant part of the attraction of the job ;)) but ask the workers what they thought of the place!

I have life-long back issues from being thrown from a new horse that came in for the riding school that we had to re-break.

I feel like clubs could get overly spooked by the Tassie entry. Word is that they'll get less concessions than GWS/GC and GWS and GC entered in consecutive years and basically took up three (four?) years of talent (including taking pre-draftees 12 months before they entered the comp etc). So, in theory, the impact of Tassie coming in should be less than half of the impact GWS/GC had.
Hopefully we can split picks and grab Tom Lee again.

Who you play is only part of what goes into how hard a fixture is or is not.

This season we were screwed over with short back to back breaks between games combined with interstate trips. Plus our bye round was later than most.

The favoured clubs played a week before us as well.

That goal against the Blues as good as it felt not only cost as pick 5/6, but also moved us in the middle 6 with respect to fixture.

So all in all I doubt we will get an easy fixture in 2025, and given the AFL always seems to stuff us around it is more likely to be on the harder side than not.
Although tbh what screwed us was awful inside 50s and a lack of any kind of ‘the man of the hour’. This club has a happy knack of players completely losing confidence in a hurry.

Are they special?

Alex Dodson will be available at our second round pick as the best ruckman in the draft pool and they think we’d rather trade it for 28 yr old depth ruck Soldo?

Dodson or even Simms or Gerryn, late in the season Simms was being used as the No 1 ruckman and did a really good job. Gerryn dominated the WAFL U18 comp as a ruckman and was used as a key forward in the champs. All three have that versatility to their game and would fit our needs perfectly - ruckman who can also play forward.

Mo

More info welcome. Congrats on your bub. Boy or girl?
Little boy mate and thanks.

They were talking hypothetically about compo picks and said,

Pick 8 for Battle would turn brisbanes P18 into 20 (along with Ashcroft) and how does that weaken their trade hand for that pick.

It would impact the Bolton/Freo deal as that now becomes p10/11 + 17

Etc etc.

It was a hypothetical but a very random discussion point… if it wasn’t happening right? 😂🙃😋

Little boy mate and thanks.

They were talking hypothetically about compo picks and said,

Pick 8 for Battle would turn brisbanes P18 into 20 (along with Ashcroft) and how does that weaken their trade hand for that pick.

It would impact the Bolton/Freo deal as that now becomes p10/11 + 17

Etc etc.

It was a hypothetical but a very random discussion point… if it wasn’t happening right?

Oh no what a shame Brisbane might have their pick shuffled back how will they recover. Richmond only getting 10 + 17 for Bolton they will be shattered - rebuild ruined.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back