List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that Bevo had to read from his notes after every third word originally, as shows he had to wait for the zenax to kick in so he could actually remember WTF he was meant to say and practiced beforehand.

View attachment 2130468

9 and 10 for bolton. Yikes
Tigers will cave you'd expect... but still.

I would have thought 9 and 16 was at the expensive of 'about right'.

Inflation hitting hard everywhere- including draft picks being worth less than they used to be!
I would be telling the Tigers to GAGF

Beveridge seems to be saying that Bassett is right but is trying to set themselves up as being too noble/good/righteous to complain so they don't suffer the pile on.

I'm glad our pres did it, just going with the flow as we have for the last fifteen years hasnt got us anywhere.
Dogs in utter denial that they are still a small Melbourne club, their attendance's are still the same as ours and we've been utter crap for 12 years

Well Hawthorn and the agent need to lodge the paperwork. So you would imagine it’s a matter of convenience and not a conspiracy 😂
Andrew v Andrew on pay-per-view
View attachment 2130468

Inflation hitting hard everywhere- including draft picks being worth less than they used to be!
except at geelong!

Dogs in utter denial that they are still a small Melbourne club, their attendance's are still the same as ours and we've been utter crap for 12 years
I wonder about how important attendances really are.
18,000 to the GWS final etc. etc. not to mention how many ‘gift tickets’

Even TV viewing stats - which are far more important to the bottom line than attendance- might not matter (and I bet the Dogs get plenty of TV views)

I think the question is, “How important is this club’s happiness to the “our” AFL franchise as a whole?”

The AFL may well accept that it would be suicide to “Fitzroy” another club like it did in the ‘90s. But it might not mind those clubs moaning as long as they sh&t on themselves and not the franchise as a whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2130468

In 135 games Bolton has had 30 or more 4 times.

Goes at 1.2 goals a game which is pretty good to be fair but once upon a time two firsts was reserved for Chris Judd and co.

If Bolton goes for 9 and 16 and Houston nets two first rounders we’ve hit peak over value bullshit.

View attachment 2130468

Bolton is contracted. Freo has to pay up if they want him.

But picks 9 & 10 seems a bit too much.

Imagine if Tigers got those picks. They could have picks 1, 6 (for Rioli), 9, 10, 12 or 13 (for Baker), 21 and 29.

7 picks inside the first 30 (not including bids for F/S and Academies).

Imagine if Tigers got those picks. They could have picks 1, 6 (for Rioli), 9, 10, 12 or 13 (for Baker), 21 and 29.

Richmond are in a world of pain with their list, regardless of how many picks they have in this draft.

They’d have to swap for some futures you just can’t balance a list with 6 guys in the first round. Contracts expire the same time etc. it’s a logistical nightmare.

They forgot that very quickly after the 2016 gift.

I’ll never forget, or forgive, the comments their president made during Covid about the AFL needing to look at whether all teams should survive.

Utterly disgraceful from that club. They’re like the bogan family that wins tattslotto and now thinks they’re old money. It’s going to be a sweet day when they are back down where they belong.

Trash club. A decade in the bottom 4 would do them wonders.

They forgot that very quickly after the 2016 gift.

I’ll never forget, or forgive, the comments their president made during Covid about the AFL needing to look at whether all teams should survive.

Utterly disgraceful from that club. They’re like the bogan family that wins tattslotto and now thinks they’re old money. It’s going to be a sweet day when they are back down where they belong.

Trash club. A decade in the bottom 4 would do them wonders.
I don’t hate them but to have “achieved” as little as they have with the list they built/got gifted is deplorable.

Between them and Melbourne it’s embarassing the lack of silverware they’ve managed

They won a flag and think they're the shit.

I don’t hate them but to have “achieved” as little as they have with the list they built/got gifted is deplorable.

Between them and Melbourne it’s embarassing the lack of silverware they’ve managed

Melbourne is quite literally throwing away a multi premiership list with all the bullshit going on. Only one flag is massively unders with that list.

What a grub.

So he acknowledges that what Bassett said about inequities is correct, great job, 100% well done Bevo. That's when you should stop talking...

Saying the Dogs are too scared, proud or 'other' to stand up for what is right in an unjust system is just weak. Grin and bear it is his message... guess what, those tough words don't inspire me....

Having said that, Wallis, Croft, Darcy, JUH, Libba, Cordy x2, Hunter, Khamis, they have had a bit of a leg up.

BUT what other reason would he have to downplay this... oh that's right. There's another West and Darcy on the horizon, and Cooneys son is meant to be a gun. In fact, they have a plethora of future father sons who are in an academy of sorts and this is but a few of them...

FB_IMG_1727953294970.jpg

What were people expecting ?.
I'm with you.

AFL players like Josh who get themselves an executive level pay job elsewhere get walked out of the building and their locker is cleared out and delivered in a box to their home.

They are gone. The organisation moves on. The hyperbole around this is quite amazing. I wanted him to stay. He didn't, so see ya. Hope you have a good life.

The AFL world is the biggest producer of crocodile tears in the universe. It's a good laugh though I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back