List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually hope we don’t tell Essendon anything, and then bid on Kako at 8.

Essendon will either fold and match the bid, moving our later round picks closer with extra players to choose from. Or they call our bluff and we get an elite small forward who could turn out to be another Wizard.

It’s a win win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its just theorycrafting, I personally really like Travaglia and 7+8 would guarantee him for us, but at the same time I know the Eagles really need mids haha.
Just putting it out there :)
7&8 would be great for the Eagles. Could take Travaglia and Bo Allen at that range.

3&14 I'd hope the Saints would pick Draper and Lindsay or Hotton.

I don't think pick 8 for Battle was the minimum.
If a club offered us pick 8 for him in this trade period we would have bitten their hand off.
Would you have taken an end of first round (around 21 or 22)?

Of course it is the minimum for Battle. Best option would have been to keep him.

Anyway moving on we have pick 8 plus 900k a year x 6 to play with now.

Pre battle compo- shut up at Kilda! The draft is fine, stop your sooking

Post battle comp- this isn't fair at all, the draft isn't equal with all these concessions.

Bassat has played this beautifully! Not one do we get pick 8 from the AFL, we now have the media agreeing with Bassat but under the assumption it was their idea!

Check and mate!

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the loophole

Wow

Now you pipe up about a loophole

gun middle finger GIF

Would you have taken an end of first round (around 21 or 22)?

Of course it is the minimum for Battle. Best option would have been to keep him.

Anyway moving on we have pick 8 plus 900k a year x 6 to play with now.
Serious question.

Now that we have the pick we wanted, do you still feel this is the case?
And specially on the $$$ we would’ve had to pay him?
I’m slightly torn but see this as an excellent opportunity, not often given, to get those midfielders we need.
Of course it hinges on not stuffing up the picks.

Honestly, I would have preferred he stayed.
Flint hard, never gets beaten one on one, great intercept mark, smart, good distributor, genuine swing man, superfit.

Worth a pick 8 in my eyes. It is fair compensation, but Hawthorn have got an absolute steal here. He is a big game player and will allow them to send Sicily forward (or himself)
I agree. How many games has he missed through injury or suspension? Not many. Stood tall while many crumbled. Versatile. Not a problem off field. Hawks have themselves a future leader, and they know it.

Hell yeah he's worth that salary, Hawks fans will be braying in a couple of years that they scammed us and got a club legend free of charge from the hapless Saints again.

Not the same as the Gresham exit, and if we didn't really need to fix list holes and if this wasn't the perfect draft to do that I'd have pushed back strongly on this. As it is, getting pick 8 makes it merey acceptable, nothing more. So to Cal Twomey and AFL media stooges saying how we just won the lottery and all the Saints fans whooping and laughing that we won the trade, you are not clear on just how good Battle has been for us. The only thing worth celebrating here is that we DIDN'T get screwed over like we usually do.

This is a genuine win-win so shut up Hawthorn and you're welcome.

Gday guys, I come in peace etc

Now that you guys have 7+8, do you guys think 3+14 for 7+8 would be appealing at all?
I understand you guys need mids and probably a young KPP? 3 gets you a top mid, 14 gets you a KPP somewhere around there
I'd be tempted frankly

I’m so **** a hoop today.
Just had a haircut, ate half a mud crab and cracked a beer
Ahhhhhh life is good
A mud crab sounds ****ing disgusting, sounds like an insult more than anything. I'm not a seafood fan in general so my opinion isn't relevant but need to get marketing onto thst name.

But that haircut sounds amazing. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back