List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted that Battle got us Pick 8. Farewell to him. And we now pray we get a couple of 10-15 year guns that transform our future.

But the media are just shocking. I think they all now believe they have to be Kane Cornes. Attack everything, and become the news itself. There are just too many vested interests in the media landscape to really believe anything they say.

Barrett is just a paid mouthpiece of the AFL. Where was all this angst when Mackay got Pick 3? North fan I presume. Hardly an original thought comes out of his mouth or from his pen. He never offers football analysis of any kind. Just off the cuff sniping. They say our club are whining. Look in the mirror.

Jenkins is as thick as a brick. How he got a gig in media is a complete mystery.

Cooney is appalling. I don’t think I have read or heard him say one thing of any meaning. He seems to think he is a bit of an entertainer. I don’t think so.

And on and on it goes.

Anyway, looking forward to how we can upset them all a bit further. And well done to our President. I love the fact that he is sticking up for us.

Last edited:
Serious question.

Now that we have the pick we wanted, do you still feel this is the case?
And specially on the $$$ we would’ve had to pay him?
I’m slightly torn but see this as an excellent opportunity, not often given, to get those midfielders we need.
Of course it hinges on not stuffing up the picks.
Would have liked him to have stayed. Backline is the only true elite line we had.

For people to say Wilkie did all the work is absolute balderdash. He was 3rd in the B&F.

I do admit though that to actually get pick 8 is pretty exciting and it opens up all sorts of options.

We are bang at the forefront of the top ten.

We can trade up with WCE for 3 and 14 for example to get a Draper or Jagga and a Lindsay @ 14, great result.

We can wait and live trade like we did last year and get free picks from whomever is desperate

or we can sit tight and use 7 & 8.

Absolute box seat for action and molding the trade period and draft like we molded the finals. I hope the rest of the comp F**ken hates us even more by the end of trade and draft period.

Pre battle compo- shut up at Kilda! The draft is fine, stop your sooking

Post battle comp- this isn't fair at all, the draft isn't equal with all these concessions.

Bassat has played this beautifully! Not one do we get pick 8 from the AFL, we now have the media agreeing with Bassat but under the assumption it was their idea!

Check and mate!

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Exactly. Spot on observation

I agree. How many games has he missed through injury or suspension? Not many. Stood tall while many crumbled. Versatile. Not a problem off field. Hawks have themselves a future leader, and they know it.

Hell yeah he's worth that salary, Hawks fans will be braying in a couple of years that they scammed us and got a club legend free of charge from the hapless Saints again.

Not the same as the Gresham exit, and if we didn't really need to fix list holes and if this wasn't the perfect draft to do that I'd have pushed back strongly on this. As it is, getting pick 8 makes it merey acceptable, nothing more. So to Cal Twomey and AFL media stooges saying how we just won the lottery and all the Saints fans whooping and laughing that we won the trade, you are not clear on just how good Battle has been for us. The only thing worth celebrating here is that we DIDN'T get screwed over like we usually do.

This is a genuine win-win so shut up Hawthorn and you're welcome.
Agree its a win/win for us and the Hawks but the biggest winner is Battle.

Got another $100K a year on his contract simply because was a free agent.

No wonder players are managing their contracts to coincide with free agency provisions.

Why are they upset with us? They didn't have to pay one cent for a player which came a very deserved 3rd in our B&F and could well be captaincy material for the Hawks in the future.

Get down on your yellow and brown knees and lay vigorous tribute to St Kilda Football Club, you unworthy Hawthonian dog!
They’re very very odd.

A mud crab sounds ****ing disgusting, sounds like an insult more than anything. I'm not a seafood fan in general so my opinion isn't relevant but need to get marketing onto thst name.

But that haircut sounds amazing. Enjoy.
They are disgusting.
Can I have your share?

Would have liked him to have stayed. Backline is the only true elite line we had.

For people to say Wilkie did all the work is absolute balderdash. He was 3rd in the B&F.

I do admit though that to actually get pick 8 is pretty exciting and it opens up all sorts of options.

We are bang at the forefront of the top ten.

We can trade up with WCE for 3 and 14 for example to get a Draper or Jagga and a Lindsay @ 14, great result.

We can wait and live trade like we did last year and get free picks from whomever is desperate

or we can sit tight and use 7 & 8.

Absolute box seat for action and molding the trade period and draft like we molded the finals. I hope the rest of the comp F**ken hates us even more by the end of trade and draft period.
Sorry Joffa but I don't agree.

Getting Pick 8 for a third tall defender no matter how well he has performed is exactly the sort of thing we have to do to improve our list overall.

The money we've saved can be spent on Macrae, pick 8 gets us access to a quality mid and I don't really care what anyone thinks but given our systems, replacing Battle with someone like Tomlinson/Caminiti won't see our backline fall apart.

Last edited:
What are the chances the AFL change their mind and take Pick 8 off of us after all the crying from Barrett and co.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry Joffa but I don't agree.

Getting Pick 8 for a third tall defender no matter how well he has performed is exactly the sort of thing we have to do to improve our list overall.

The money we've saved can be spent on Macrae, pick 8 gets us access to a quality mid and I don't really care what anyone thinks but given our systems, replacing Battle with someone like Tomlinson/Caminiti won't see our backline fall apart.
Fair enough you can disagree.

Battle is being underplayed by some because he is gone.

He was excellent last year and better this year. His versatility was on show when he went forward a couple of times in the latter part of the season and really changed up the forward line.

He was an excellent defender in an excellent backline and came 3rd in the B&F. He was also one of my favourites. I would have been happy id he stayed but....

as you say, we got overs in the pick and we can use the 900k on other players.

For a change we have not been screwed over by losing a player.

💯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delighted that Battle got us Pick 8. Farewell to him. And we now pray we get a couple of 10-15 year guns that transform our future.

But the media are just shocking. I think they all now believe they have to be Kane Cornes. Attack everything, and become the news itself. There are just too many vested interests in the media landscape to really believe anything they say.

Barrett is just a paid mouthpiece of the AFL. Where was all this angst when Mackay got Pick 3. North fan I presume. Hardly an original thought comes out of his mouth or from his pen. He never offers football analysis of any kind. Just off the cuff sniping. They say our club are whining. Look in the mirror.

Jenkins is as thick as a brick. How he got a gig in media is a complete mystery.

Cooney is appalling. I don’t think I have read or heard him say one thing of any meaning. He seems to think he is a bit of an entertainer. I don’t think so.

And on and on it goes.

Anyway, looking forward to how we can upset them all a bit further. And well done to our President. I love the fact that he is sticking up for us.
Great comments V66 and very true.

Loophole my arse.
And no-one exploited anything, Hawks paid Battle what it took to move him, and if they front ended it, its because they wanted to.

If they want to do an article on loopholes, start looking into Geelong and Carlton ya dogs

Serious question.

Now that we have the pick we wanted, do you still feel this is the case?
And specially on the $$$ we would’ve had to pay him?
I’m slightly torn but see this as an excellent opportunity, not often given, to get those midfielders we need.
Of course it hinges on not stuffing up the picks.

If we could sure, a fool would say no since we had a guy in our strongest area of the ground ready to essentially launch on the books.

Since it wasn't our choice, and he made his; good luck to the man, piss off now thanks.

The AFL in all their infinite wisdom of half arsing everything they touch that isn't money related, have a system, that system got used. It's just always been and will continue to be hilarious to me to then, when we stand to benefit, when we champion things, seeing all the sheeple, all the people who don't have a cognitive thought between them, just stick that boot in about "fairness", and "exploitation".

Bitch please, if this game was fair we'd have more than 1 cup given previous politicking and say the Pies would lose half of theirs cause challenge just meant you failed the first time and got a re-do. Be careful what you wish for those in glass houses finding their voices, you might not like the futures you seek so fervently if had that cognitive thought amongst you or see the utter hypocrisy you utter.

I mean, some of us have only spend a few decades crapping on the AFL and needing to re-write several things, we don't need no bandwagoning buffoons on this train.

I’m still of the view to use our top picks in the draft. Split one of them….sure. If it suits. Live trading….who knows what might pop out? Getting our second round pick this year was due to that last year. Now gold. Henry for free.

Next year all in on Free Agents. Hard as it is for us. Going after them this year with a year to run. Just don’t see it. Just like I don’t see Houston etc being necessary given the cost.

Macrae and Soldo if they don’t cost much. Can see that.

Hopefully this is all going to be fun. And I couldn’t give a fat continental who in the media has a pop at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back