List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully just posturing. 46 seems fair enough to me.

Storm in a teacup stuff.

We've already won the negotiation if the wrestling is centred around whether pick 46 is enough.

Anything around that mark is an outstanding result for us- if it ends up being a bit more- that's totally fine.

"Driving a hard bargain" lol.

only trouble with that is they might choose the player we really like after the first 6 picks,we kind of put ourselves in their uncomfortable position

I did think about that. But it’s Essendon. And their first round drafting history is deplorable lately. So they’re likely to take the dud.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

saints realising the king extension during nrl grand final is interesting

Ya reckon? I feel like it's more just because Battle is officially gone, they can now start to finalise some contracts. A few guys might be waiting until after the trade period like Hotton, Hayes, Paton and Membrey. Membrey looking like going but if not you'd think we offer him another year or 2.

Or maybe, just maybe, because trade period is starting tomorrow?
What’s trade period got tomorrow to do with it?

Everyone’s attention is on the nrl grand final. So they have released it on purpose at this time.

Jaynclark would’ve interviews him a few days ago and only been released now. On purpose

A lot of clubs do it on a Friday afternoon

Ya reckon? I feel like it's more just because Battle is officially gone, they can now start to finalise some contracts. A few guys might be waiting until after the trade period like Hotton, Hayes, Paton and Membrey. Membrey looking like going but if not you'd think we offer him another year or 2.
I think it's about shutting down the noise.
Club and player both agree he's going nowhere. As a key forward you're not subject to variables that may make others redundant so it's easier to commit long term.
Max can focus on his job and the club can tie it off and focus on other stuff. You'd assume the money is lots but also good value.
I'd also assume Bing will still come when he hits UFA status. Both will be in their prime.

Battle was a very good (and important) player for us. Unfortunately, he chose to leave. I think those that are playing down his importance and quality need to take a breathe.

Let's just hope that we have success before he does.
Hopefully the start of a 5 plus year run of us beating them every time we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's about shutting down the noise.
Club and player both agree he's going nowhere. As a key forward you're not subject to variables that may make others redundant so it's easier to commit long term.
Max can focus on his job and the club can tie it off and focus on other stuff. You'd assume the money is lots but also good value.
I'd also assume Bing will still come when he hits UFA status. Both will be in their prime.
Now we just have to pray the injury issues are behind him.
I have faith.

saints realising the king extension during nrl grand final is interesting
Not really.

7pm is the regular time that the Herald Sun post their features articles which will appear in the paper the next day. We've also secured that his extension is top of the page for first day of trade period, a time when traffic to AFL news sites is at his highest so this news won't be missed by anyone. It's also out there so SOS can be asked about the decision in the first day of trade interviews that take place tomorrow.

Genuinely a super sad story there. Ben was tracking to be a 250 game stalwart but has never been the same since Roughead snapped his leg in the pre season. I wonder whether it's physical or physiological issues holding him back. He seems like a super tough character who wouldn't carry fear but on field he's just not as safe and assured as he was before.

I'd be fine if we give him another year but at this point it looks like poor old Pato is there for depth in case Jimmy and Stocker are unavailable

250 gamer! 😂
He’s lucky he’s been on an AFL list as long as he has. A genuine d grader with awful skills. Injuries ensured he got a game under Ratten but as we’ve improved the list it’s clear he’s nowhere near it.

250 gamer! 😂
He’s lucky he’s been on an AFL list as long as he has. A genuine d grader with awful skills. Injuries ensured he got a game under Ratten but as we’ve improved the list it’s clear he’s nowhere near it.
Hard disagree he was borderline AA the year before he broke his leg from memory. That said nowhere near the player he was once he came back.

Listening to Max's interview, he mentions we are aware that it is time to start challenging before the careers of some of our older star players start to fizzle out (I assume he is referring to Row, Sinc, Steele, Wilkie, Hill, Wood)

I like the strategy we're taking - sacrifice a couple of years to set the list up so it can spike quickly in 2026 while the older guys are still firing, then remain at the top for as long as possible with all these young kids coming through and Tassie coming in

It does make for a low margin of error from 2026-2028, so we're gonna need the likes of King, Clark, Dow, Sharman, Byrnes and even Nas/Windy/Owens to really start taking the next steps in their careers or establishing themselves as A-graders of the competition before its too late. Same for the likes of Keeler, Heath, Caminiti, O'Connell, and Hotton if he stays

Looking forward to it...

Listening to Max's interview, he mentions we are aware that it is time to start challenging before the careers of some of our older star players start to fizzle out (I assume he is referring to Row, Sinc, Steele, Wilkie, Hill, Wood)

I like the strategy we're taking - sacrifice a couple of years to set the list up so it can spike quickly in 2026 while the older guys are still firing, then remain at the top for as long as possible with all these young kids coming through and Tassie coming in

It does make for a low margin of error from 2026-2028, so we're gonna need the likes of King, Clark, Dow, Sharman, Byrnes and even Nas/Windy/Owens to really start taking the next steps in their careers or establishing themselves as A-graders of the competition before its too late. Same for the likes of Keeler, Heath, Caminiti, O'Connell, and Hotton if he stays

Looking forward to it...
Earlier in the year l speculated about a changing of the guard but still with the belief it wouldn't happen. But Crouch and Ross have seen to it themselves whilst Timmy looks probably gone as well. TC and Batts also.
I think it's a great thing now some responsibility will fall on some younger shoulders. I'm also looking forward to it.

So - for a sunday morning Hypothetical... If we were to get 9 from Ess, giving us 7,8 and 9. What if Andy Brayshaw was shopping for a house now..........in Brighton. Would we be going after him now instead of next year?? Using that pick 9?? Be a hell of a haul. Brayshaw, MaCrae, pick 7 and 8 and Soldo.
TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back