List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Between FA and players needing to agree to trades the player empowerment is pretty heavily balanced for them.

You look at us sports players get traded without consent constantly. Now Bailey Smith says he wants geelong and the dogs just have to ****ing cop it.

Probably need to do something with that tbh.
Have been arguing this for years.

The clubs need some sort of control back and the only way to do that is to implement a system that allows them to trade players without consent.
Every club has boosters, coteries, housing for players to move to while they get settled.
This should be the price that is paid to play elite sports at a high level.

With Tassie coming in it would be the perfect time to start implementing it.
Offer 2 types of contracts.
Trade and No-Trade Clauses a No-trade clause comes with say a 20-25% percent penalty against it financial wise.

So lets say Phillipou wants a no-trade clause and he would sign for a million he is paid 750-800 a year with a no-trade clause.
Make the players pay to have there control.
It is too far one sided at the moment.

250 gamer! 😂
He’s lucky he’s been on an AFL list as long as he has. A genuine d grader with awful skills. Injuries ensured he got a game under Ratten but as we’ve improved the list it’s clear he’s nowhere near it.
He was an automatic selection at age 20 before a horrific leg break derailed his career. No one was complaining about his skills back then.

The clubs need some sort of control back and the only way to do that is to implement a system that allows them to trade players without consent.
Every club has boosters, coteries, housing for players to move to while they get settled.

Trade and No-Trade Clauses a No-trade clause comes with say a 20-25% percent penalty against it financial wise.

So lets say Phillipou wants a no-trade clause and he would sign for a million he is paid 750-800 a year with a no-trade clause.

It’s not a thing. Clubs hate having an unhappy player hanging around in the dressing room being a bad influence. Regardless of the contract, if someone’s unhappy, the club will exit them.

Pretty much this.

North would love to trade down unless we thought FOS was a chance at generational and available through injury like wardlaw.

I was going to ask this board, what would you be willing to pay for north’s F1?

Would you do it for pick 9 and your second?

Also, im not saying this to start a fight or whatever, but the number of posts on LDU like it’s just a matter of when is astounding. Aside from the small matter of him categorically saying he’s staying at north, he will be the no 1 target of every Melbourne club. Ain’t happening sainters.

Agree on LDU, love him but no idea how we’d end up with him.

I doubt we’d trade out of this draft and into next one. We’re on record saying we want to hit the draft hard. Pushing to next year - which will be a draft of differing quality - doesn’t match that imo.

I might be in the minority here but if we are after Andrew Brayshaw, why chase Mccrae? I feel like we are going to over correct and have too many mids.
I think that due to Macrae being older and no guarantee that we get Bradshaw we are hedging our bets.

If we get Brayshaw, then we will have a strong midfield.

Players association would never agree to this.
American sports players are paid literally 50 times more than AFL players.
Aaron Sippos was the lowest paid player on his NFL team as a punter but was paid more than the highest paid AFL player.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Our back 6 is still there as normally a back 7 add Cordy as the Battle replacement & it’s still ok, Cordy plays the 3rd tall will work.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sorry but you really must be taking the P155 , one bloke was third in our B&F and the other struggles to even get a game

Is there a reason why Max signed for 8 years?

I would have thought 6 years was a more than enough, but have to back the club. 🤞🤞🤞
I think they have added another 2 years to his existing contract and then added a trigger clause for another 4.

As long as the trigger clause is not too generous in Max's favour it shouldn't be too much of a burden for the club. Lets say something around 55 games over the next 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much this.

North would love to trade down unless we thought FOS was a chance at generational and available through injury like wardlaw.

I was going to ask this board, what would you be willing to pay for north’s F1?

Would you do it for pick 9 and your second?

Also, im not saying this to start a fight or whatever, but the number of posts on LDU like it’s just a matter of when is astounding. Aside from the small matter of him categorically saying he’s staying at north, he will be the no 1 target of every Melbourne club. Ain’t happening sainters.

Didn't you realise it's a forgone conclusion that we are getting Brayshaw, LDU & TDK via free agency, then trading for SDK, Callaghan & Aleer? If you question this, you clearly don't know how Bigfooty trade threads work

I'm watching the Footy Furnace Trade Edition on Ch9.

Damien Barrett is on there and straight away he rips into us "St Kilda getting pick 8 for Josh Battle is a joke".

The only joke is you Damo you f***wit, you should be thrown into the footy furnace and never seen again.
Am I alone in thinking Battle would net a pick in the teens in a straight trade anyway? Just turned 26, key position which always cost more, top 3 in a bnf in one of the better backlines in the comp. That's always going to net a good pick in return.

Ratugolea was traded for pick 25 with minimal exposed form. We also small types like Baker and Noble being talked about being traded for picks in the teens this year. Why are people acting like a first rounder for Battle is the most obscene thing they've ever seen?

Sorry but you really must be taking the P155 , one bloke was third in our B&F and the other struggles to even get a game
Cordy doesn't have to be a world beater just play his role, negate his player take the occasional mark

On the B&F Wilkie & Battle permanent backman high lights our season really that ball lived in defence for the majority of the season you could even add Sinclair in there coincedence.

Looking at available list spots to see how many draft picks we will be looking at take and what picks we can use in deals- we have 10 going out (including Crouch).

Hall takes a spot on the main list. Presume Macrae and Soldo deals get done. Then the Sandy rookie - leaves us with 6 spots.

Next question is how many of Cole, Hofmann and Peckett we will commit too. If we commit to all three, we only have list spots for 7, 8 and 27 at the draft. Not too sure on the Cat B spots but I think we have room to put one of Cole or Hofmann on the Cat B list if they arent bid on in the national draft which would allow us to take a 4th pick. This scenario is also what we need to happen if we want a spot to bring in another mature key back, or we don't take all 3 which is a real possibility as well.

There has been some media talk we want to keep pick 46 but looking at list spots, it will likely be used in our trades because there is unlikely to be a spot to use it in the draft anyway.

Was Barrett this upset when North got pick 3 for Ben McKay?

Looking at available list spots to see how many draft picks we will be looking at take and what picks we can use in deals- we have 10 going out (including Crouch).

Hall takes a spot on the main list. Presume Macrae and Soldo deals get done. Then the Sandy rookie - leaves us with 6 spots.

Next question is how many of Cole, Hofmann and Peckett we will commit too. If we commit to all three, we only have list spots for 7, 8 and 27 at the draft. Not too sure on the Cat B spots but I think we have room to put one of Cole or Hofmann on the Cat B list if they arent bid on in the national draft which would allow us to take a 4th pick. This scenario is also what we need to happen if we want a spot to bring in another mature key back, or we don't take all 3 which is a real possibility as well.

There has been some media talk we want to keep pick 46 but looking at list spots, it will likely be used in our trades because there is unlikely to be a spot to use it in the draft anyway.
Haven’t the rookie list spots increased by 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back