List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I am no fan of purple, think he is a d1ckhead fool, but his melt on Friday was about band 1 and he did mention McKay and Frawley as ridiculous.
It wasn't a direct go at the Saints. Funny how apparently it's not deserved but somehow Ashcroft is for the Lions because luck and genetics or some shit.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Players association would never agree to this.
American sports players are paid literally 50 times more than AFL players.
Aaron Sippos was the lowest paid player on his NFL team as a punter but was paid more than the highest paid AFL player.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know but I think we are at the stage where it needs to be at least looked at in some form.

Am I alone in thinking Battle would net a pick in the teens in a straight trade anyway? Just turned 26, key position which always cost more, top 3 in a bnf in one of the better backlines in the comp. That's always going to net a good pick in return.

Ratugolea was traded for pick 25 with minimal exposed form. We also small types like Baker and Noble being talked about being traded for picks in the teens this year. Why are people acting like a first rounder for Battle is the most obscene thing they've ever seen?
Absolutely. Terribly underrated in the wider footy world. Superb kick which is critical these days out of defence. Put it this way - if the compo was pick 15 and after 2025 he wanted out of Hawthorn, they’re not trading him for pick 15.

Pretty much this.

North would love to trade down unless we thought FOS was a chance at generational and available through injury like wardlaw.

I was going to ask this board, what would you be willing to pay for north’s F1?

Would you do it for pick 9 and your second?

Also, im not saying this to start a fight or whatever, but the number of posts on LDU like it’s just a matter of when is astounding. Aside from the small matter of him categorically saying he’s staying at north, he will be the no 1 target of every Melbourne club. Ain’t happening sainters.
As a Saints fan we have nothing without hope. I assume your salary cap position is insanely good or have you had to overpay like us to get guys in?

I watched this and found myself getting so so angry.

Jimmy tried to explain the system to Barrett who clearly would understand the system but all he wanted to do was be a complete f@ckwit about it.
Did purple get this worked up about McKay netting his team pick three?

Nick Austin (Carlton list manager) has ruled out a move for Tim Membrey as the Blues need list spots for the draft

He is not worth Pick 8 though. So we waste a pick that would gain us the mid we need, for a player we do not need.

Guessing how another club rates a player is how StKilda missed getting Judd. We went Ball first in the belief that WCE would not pick Judd (due to should concerns) allowing us to get both Judd and Ball. So instead we got Ball and Xavier. That one little bit of predictive thinking trying to be too cleaver probably cost us a flag or three.
God, imagine Judd.

Just on Kako though. The “value” of these kids in the fan world is just based on everyone parroting the same list order. Who knows where they will finish for this year but in the future. The Age piece is based on at least some early whispers, so Kako being bid on so early indicates that there is at least some leve of interest.

I agree that the position is not the first priority - but nearly all of the mids have some kind of warts and we might think Kako has more future upside.

And 1% chance they don’t match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Austin (Carlton list manager) has ruled out a move for Tim Membrey as the Blues need list spots for the draft

While Membrey is not exactly a 'like for like' with Jack Martin, he's still a third tall that would be a hell of a lot more reliable than Martin and I'm surprised they have ruled him out so categorically.

Quite interesting they are looking to load up in the draft. I assume they believe they are still in some kind of window but if so Membrey just seems like good business. Imagine if the current list build only came away with a prelim appearance last year as the high point.

As an aside, still really hoping we take a look at Lewis Young, he'd be better depth cover than Cordy surely.

While Membrey is not exactly a 'like for like' with Jack Martin, he's still a third tall that would be a hell of a lot more reliable than Martin and I'm surprised they have ruled him out so categorically.

Quite interesting they are looking to load up in the draft. I assume they believe they are still in some kind of window but if so Membrey just seems like good business. Imagine if the current list build only came away with a prelim appearance last year as the high point.

As an aside, still really hoping we take a look at Lewis Young, he'd be better depth cover than Cordy surely.
Because they have Jack Silvagni returning from an ACL and Harry Lemmey close to debuting

Young is better depth than Cordy but he'd also cost a valuable pick and a valuable list spot. Pass

How long as FA compo around? A decade?

Funny how there has never been this amount of whinging abut how it hurts other clubs and bother deal. But the year we suddenly get a top pick, everyone cant shut up about it.
What was it Bassat said?

"The system is designed to favour the wealthier clubs and it's designed to favour the northern clubs, and our role is meant to be just to make up the numbers and not complain about it."

Mackie from the Scarlett school - once already won, keep winning the 2009 Grand Final.

Perhaps his former teammate Enright could call him and tell him to STFU

Mackie is another salty sook.

Geelong is the last club to be whining about compensation paid or received for F/S or FAs.

Don't agree with everything in your post, but i'm with you 100% on Max King and this new contract. It's a gamble to put all your eggs in one basket, but when the eggs are broken... it's just going to end in a big stinking, sticky, mess.
So does a night in a German brothel, but people still go…

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back