List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

The Age saying we are no guarantee to get a deal done for Macrae.

Dead set, if the 800k a year talk is true and the Dogs want to play hard ball, then **** em. He'd be a handy bloke to get the last 3-4 years out of, a bit like Parker going to North. If we can get it done reasonably, fantastic. Otherwise the Dogs can keep paying a top 10% salary in the comp for a bloke they have dropped to the VFL and played as sub. Bizarre hardball by the Dogs here.

If we draft multiple mids with pou and others coming through I’d be happy for Clark to play half back again .. he played really good footy there in his first few years before we moved him mid

Also I’ve got this idea that jones could make a good small forward .. he’s quick , tackles , great step and clean I honestly think he’d be dangerous in that role

The Age saying we are no guarantee to get a deal done for Macrae.

It’s all posturing. We’ll give them pick 43 and they’ll give us something back and it’ll get done.

The only issue is if they want to get the Bailey Smith deal done first, there might not be much time left on the clock cos that’ll go down to the wire.

If we draft multiple mids with pou and others coming through I’d be happy for Clark to play half back again .. he played really good footy there in his first few years before we moved him mid

Also I’ve got this idea that jones could make a good small forward .. he’s quick , tackles , great step and clean I honestly think he’d be dangerous in that role
Good ideas.

Also, do you think Mason Wood could be a good replacement for Battle? Not sure how he is defensively.

We haven’t spoken to either club (port or western mutts yet)

We would still be waiting for the Membrey situation to clear up.

We would also need a lot of these early deals like Bolton Rioli Baker to happen to that the deals involving picks can occur.

You would think that if Soldo and/or Macrea deals happen, that they will be very late. Quite possibly just prior to the deadline.

Dead set, if the 800k a year talk is true and the Dogs want to play hard ball, then **** em. He'd be a handy bloke to get the last 3-4 years out of, a bit like Parker going to North. If we can get it done reasonably, fantastic. Otherwise the Dogs can keep paying a top 10% salary in the comp for a bloke they have dropped to the VFL and played as sub. Bizarre hardball by the Dogs here.
Pretty standard posturing by the looks of it. Would be rare for a player who’s keen to leave, is on a big contract and has been pushed down the pecking order to be refused an exit. I will be very surprised if it doesn’t happen.

Last edited:
Why would Melbourne drop 3 spots from 5 to 8 just to climb 2 spots from 11 to 9? Thats wildly unreasonable
Wildly unreasonable is a bit rich. It would all depend on who rates who and where they rate them.

A very basic hypothetical:

• Melbourne obsessed with Armstrong & Travaglia but Travaglia won't be there at 11.
  • Richmond want Lalor @ 6 who is available but Melb don't rate
  • Saints want Lalor and Smillie and take @ 5 & 7. Use 11 for slider, or Lindsay/Hotton.

Interchange names used by all means, but 2 picks in a row can be super important and you never know what dealings will happen based on how these teams will view this draft.

Anyone who thinks we should abandon the idea of getting two Top 10 midfielders for the sake of a potential Nick Watson v2.0 clearly hasnt watched many of our games this year.
We will not get Kako, maybe read the last 100 pages or so.
Whatever happens Kako will be in Essendon colours.
They have spent to much capital and to much to lose with their supporters to not match a bid.
However, we can force them to use pick 9 effectively making them lose a frdp.
If we can get them to trade out pick nine for or F1 and our second ( that they can then use for Kako) they keep the F1 but it is next year.
To think they won't match is laughable.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind this idea. If we get a full season out of Henry, Hill and Wilson plenty of outside of run on the wings already.
I reckon he’s got the attributes. However he is such an effective winger I’d be loathe to move him. His ability to take intercept marks as the 7th defender, to kick the ball into the forward line with precision and to drift in and take contested marks in the forward line is a unique skill set and would be hard to replace. He was huge out in the 1st half of the year.

The ultimate pick swap deal:

Pick 27 + F1st for Pick 9

Pick 9 for 15 + 16

Pick 16 + F2 for 19 + 22

Draft hand: 7, 8, 15, 19, 22

5 first round picks and we finish up the rebuild in one hit.

Absolute great position with 7 & 8. Position of strength.
Not worried about Lobster. I know quite a bit about the inside workings at the Bulldogs and there are reasons Dunkley, Smith, McCrae, Daniel etc want out. Quite a few others as well.
Not a happy camp. This posturing about McCrae is just the manifestation of the issues at that club and how they treat their players.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes we do.
Because if we are able to secure 4x 1stRDPs then who honestly GAF about the others.

In reality both Peckett and Hoff are very likely to slip through, which would mean we could get them all as Hoff goes to cat B.
Stand to be corrected on any of the below but I'm not sure it would actually be possible.

List sizes are 36-38 primary / 0-6 Cat A / 0-2 Cat B (min 37 max 44)

We're already at the maximum of two Cat Bs so I guess McLennan would be promoted if Hofmann slips through.

Assuming all our OOC players + Crouch move on, we'll be at 29/3/2 with 10 spots free.

If we acquire Macrae, a mature ruck, mature key defender and a Sandy rookie that becomes 32/4/2.

Leaving 6 spots. If Peckett/Cole/Hoffman are taking 3 of these then we can't fit 4 other draft picks. No room for SSP / MSD picks either (barring injuries) which is becoming an increasingly popular avenue for recruiters.

Heard Peckett's manager talking the other day and he said that we were making the right noises about picking him up but didn't sound 100% confident. Said along with Hofmann and Cole we have "something to think about" which implied to me that we likely aren't taking them all.

Honestly from what I've seen I wouldn't be too fussed if we passed on any or all of them. We shouldn't compromise the opportunity to bring in a number of early picks because we are wedded to a bunch of guys nobody else is really interested in. The Sandy deal is bad enough as it is.

Any rumours of an actual announcement about Crouch's contract? A bit weird that retirement isn't already announced, surely he's not playing on?

Membrey Hayes and Paton are definitely getting delisted if not picked up, I assume?

We're a bit tight for list spots.

Multiple goal kicking smalls is the current trend the game is heading towards.

We have Snags (who’s more of a midget Plugger), Butts (who’s having soft tissue troubles) & a very raw Lancey Boy.

I was hopeful that Berry or Dattoli slides to our 2nd so am all onboard bidding on Kako & getting him.

There’s plenty of midfield options later in the draft… especially if we split #8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure l could bring myself to barrack for vinny’s boy 😂😂

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back