List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a bid is highly likely to come before pick 9 for Kako

Whether it’s us, Melbourne, or Richmond, the F1 for pick 9 swap is well and truly on
100% - can see a bunch of clubs making a play for it.

Carlton/Collingwood to trade F1 and their 2024 second round to get 9 to trade for Houston, GWS and Sydney could easily get creative with their late first rounds and future firsts.

Melbourne could also trade their F1 and 28 for 9, but if we're in the conversation surely the Dons take our F1 and 27 instead of that?

Drag Race Hunting GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

7 and 8 are the ideal spot in this draft (no not quite as good as 5 and 6 🥲) Just hold unless someone offers something like 4 decent first rounders across 2 years.

We just need to focus on Essendon’s pick 9.

Only trade I can see that stops us is:

Melbourne Pick 5/ Richmond Pick 6
for Essendon Pick 9 + Future 1st.

If you’re Richmond you’d probably rather get Pick 2 and Melbourne sound like they want to keep 5 and add another first round pick this year from Fremantle.

Essendon would have to cough up for either of those picks.
If they traded for a future first, they effectively get two first round picks for 1.

If you’re Essendon what’s a better deal?

Lose: Pick 9 + their Future 1st
(projected at Pick 5-12 next year)
Gain: Pick 5

OR

Lose: Pick 9
Gain: 27 + Future 1st tied to St Kilda
(Projected at Pick 8-12 next year)

Melbourne Pick 5/ Richmond Pick 6
for Essendon Pick 9 + Future 1st.
If Melbourne are targeting a KPP like Armstrong or Tauru they'd probably go for this, but they'd definitely wait until draft night. Couldn't let someone like FOS slip through if it falls to them.

I don't see Richmond investing in future picks using their top-10 selections. They need players into the club asap, a pick in next year's weak draft and Essendon potentially improving is worth far less to them than pick 6 in this draft

OR

First one for sure.

Guaranteed to get an elite mid in a stacked draft as well as Kako.

Just depends who Melbourne is looking at

Talking about bids.

Precarious for Bombers, Richmond, Melbourne, Saints showing interest.

Extra pick for Battle not a great result for them.

Talking about trading up, but I dont understand how that works.
P9 and their future first and try get into the top 5.

Can’t see any of those clubs taking that deal.

Tigers keep 1.

Trade 6+ something else for 2.

Eagles retain 3.

Crows retain 4

Melbourne retain 5 and are trying for 11.

North comes in at 6 and likely takes Tauru.

So now it’s “who gets Essendon’s pick 9?” not “will Essendon trade pick 9?”. Interesting times. Meanwhile Brisbane’s pick 18 appears destined for the #2 pick, and likey purely on ceremony as Richmond wouldn’t want to pick a player they can’t even have as their ideal #1 pick.

So now it’s “who gets Essendon’s pick 9?” not “will Essendon trade pick 9?”. Interesting times. Meanwhile Brisbane’s pick 18 appears destined for the #2 pick, and likey purely on ceremony as Richmond wouldn’t want to pick a player they can’t even have as their ideal #1 pick.
If Richmond bid at #1 it ensures Brisbane pay the maximum amount of Draft points for him

100% - can see a bunch of clubs making a play for it.

Carlton/Collingwood to trade F1 and their 2024 second round to get 9 to trade for Houston, GWS and Sydney could easily get creative with their late first rounds and future firsts.

Melbourne could also trade their F1 and 28 for 9, but if we're in the conversation surely the Dons take our F1 and 27 instead of that?
I think out of all the clubs potentially interested in pick 9, we’d be the ones with the biggest dichotomy between where we see us finishing next season and where Essendon might see us finishing - top 8 vs bottom 6

This should get us over the line if we make the offer

P9 and their future first and try get into the top 5.

Tigers keep 1.

Trade 6+ something else for 2.

Eagles retain 3.

Crows retain 4

Melbourne retain 5 and are trying for 11.

North comes in at 6 and likely takes Tauru.

Hope you are correct. I don’t think Richmond is a worry. They won’t trade out of Pick 6 unless it’s to North Melbourne.

Melbourne will be the big watch, hopefully they stay at 5. On draft night if it gets to our picks and there’s no bid yet Essendon will have to cough up 9 to someone, it might as well be us.

Our Future 1st is probably the most attractive Future 1st they would get offered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond bid at #1 it ensures Brisbane pay the maximum amount of Draft points for him

If Richmond get pick 2 also, maybe they want their players to get the bonus. $10k for pick 1, $5k for pick 2. Would be ridiculous for Levi to be pick 3, but other than making Lions pay up - the incentive is to get their new players a little bonus.

A smart club would say to their number one pick: “we see you as Number 1 but we’re going to bid on Ashcroft so Brisbane get less draft capital.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
100%. This is a ruthless and zero sum professional competition, where damaging your opponents is as important as bolstering your own side. It's not a ego stroking babysitting service FFS.

Looks like a bid is highly likely to come before pick 9 for Kako

Whether it’s us, Melbourne, or Richmond, the F1 for pick 9 swap is well and truly on

Bombers have problems in trading-up.

Firstly, they have to find a club willing to do it. Unlikely Demons (5) or Tigers (6) will do it. The opportunity cost of sliding back to pick 9 is too high.

Secondly, even if Essendon do trade-up, they have to get ahead of the Kako bid. It sounds like Demons could potentially bid for Kako as early as pick 5. Imagine if Bombers traded-up to pick 6 and the bid came in at 5. They would be really stuffed.

Trading-up for Essendon is really risky and it burns their future trade capital.

I think Bombers will need to trade-out. But they need to find a club who will trade a F1 AND give them a pick(s) this year that they can use to match the Kako bid. Preferably this pick is before their pick 31 so they can still draft this year.

Tigers have picks this year but won’t trade-out a F1.

Demons may trade-out a F1 and has pick 28.

Saints may trade-out a F1 and has pick 27.

Adelaide may trade-out a F1 and has pick 45.

I doubt NM would trade-out a F1 and has pick 25.

If I was Essendon, and I was trading-out pick 9, I’d want a F1 to be as early as possible and the for the incoming pick this year to be as early as possible.

Saints seem to tick both boxes. But are Essendon rational enough to trade-out? Not sure.

OR

F1 & 27 for 9 is loaded towards the Dopers.

Reckon this is palatable if we can't just do a F1 for #9

Trade for 9.png

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="stavro#" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
P[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] and their future first and try get into the top [emoji6].

Tigers keep .

Trade [emoji6]+ something else for .

Eagles retain .

Crows retain

Melbourne retain [emoji6] and are trying for .

North comes in at [emoji6] and likely takes Tauru.

Correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back