List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree.

That’s why I was pointing out how unlikely the above would be for the Dons to move up.

They may trade for the giants 2 picks. They may get 15+16+21 for 9 Shiel and Stringer.
Essendon won't trade back from 9. They'll either trade up ahead of the Kako bid or out of the first round this year. Using a premium pick like #15 for Kako would be completely at odds with the whole benefit of the points matching system for NGAs.

They might get a pick in the 30s for Stringer, then that will allow them to go 9 + F1 to Melbourne for 5 (if Melbourne have their eye on a KPP and can cop the slide knowing us and Richmond will pick midfielders) and use the Stringer pick + 31 for Kako.

You feel as though North or West Coast might bite as well, but Essendon would need to throw in something else on top of 9 + F1 to get North/WC interested

John Donohue Trade Radio - Saints working on a deal for pick 9. Discussion on going. Swap of later picks an their future first
Wow actually might be happening. F1 and 27 for 9 and 31 unless it is future pick swaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow actually might be happening. F1 and 27 for 9 and 31 unless it is future pick swaps
I doubt we get #31 back but who cares when we will have 3 picks in the top 10. Thats wet dreams stuff...

Wow on top of our NGA & FS haul, that would potentially adding 6 first 22 players in one draft.

Then include Macrae, Soldo for small change and Ethan Phillips as a SSP. Look out 2025 and beyond...

Richmond only get Band 4 compensation for Jack Graham </3

Damien Barrett continues on the air waves for now.

They don’t have to. But if they trade-out pick 9 for a F1 then they can match the Kako bid with later draft picks that are not first round picks.

In essence, they keep their first round pick but it is converted into a future first. Giving them two future firsts. They can use either future first rounder to “buy back” into this year’s draft if they want.

If Essendon use pick 9 to match the bid for Kako then they burn a first rounder rather than trading it out and using it in the future.
Which is why we don't need to sweeten it with a second rounder.

Would we keep pick #9 or flip it with GWS, Richmond etc for a couple of picks?
If it were up to me, I would flip it with GWS every day of the week!!!

7, 8, 15, 16 - rebuild pretty much done!!

7+8+9 would be an unbelievably strong position.

The options would be endless. Thanks for pick 8, if it happens can't wait for the Barrett tantrum

If I was Essendon, I'd get our future 1st, let 27 be eaten up by the Kako bid. Then trade back in with GWS using our F1 for two of their first rounders. Semantics can be sorted with lower picks and Shiel/Stringer trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back