List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be filthy if we used pick 27 on Macrae.

Bulldogs are delusional. No wonder we aren’t in a hurry to talk to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bevo and their management have ****ed that club, one only has to look at the way they treated their VC at the time, Mitch Wallis. It’s no surprise it’s happening under Ameet Bains’ stewardship, that guy is an E grade operator. You only have to look at what we didn’t achieve when he was at our club.

St Kilda say they haven't been talking

But there is a lot of stuff in the media about what the Doggies want out of any Macrae deal

Not hard to work out what is happening here

I think St Kilda are happy to wait this out right until the last minute
You would have to think someone has been talking with Saints. Cannot imagine SOS hearing it for the first time on Trade Radio.....about McCrae....picks us phone to RTB hey Rossie just found out that Doggie ball magnet wants to come to us....who you been having coffee with lately?

What Rossie, you want him to play Battles role, sure we talking about the same bloke?

Let's call Sam Power from Doggies...Hi Sam you say this McCrae fellow is a required player and key to your next premiership.....pick 43, sounds reasonable what's his contract status.....Jesus he saw you coming...

Will get back to you Sam you say he's been talking to us.....well Sam tip for you younguns do not believe everything they say on Trade Radio.

Macrae gets to us later next week as does Soldo for scraps, I reckon

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You would have to think someone has been talking with Saints. Cannot imagine SOS hearing it for the first time on Trade Radio.....about McCrae....picks us phone to RTB hey Rossie just found out that Doggie ball magnet wants to come to us....who you been having coffee with lately?

What Rossie, you want him to play Battles role, sure we talking about the same bloke?

Let's call Sam Power from Doggies...Hi Sam you say this McCrae fellow is a required player and key to your next premiership.....pick 43, sounds reasonable what's his contract status.....Jesus he saw you coming...

Will get back to you Sam you say he's been talking to us.....well Sam tip for you younguns do not believe everything they say on Trade Radio.

Yep...

I reckon loads of deals are in principle done well before the Wednesday deadline but the Clubs play the game and let it stretch out to next Wed afternoon

Bevo and their management have ****ed that club, one only has to look at the way they treated their VC at the time, Mitch Wallis. It’s no surprise it’s happening under Ameet Bains’ stewardship, that guy is an E grade operator. You only have to look at what we didn’t achieve when he was at our club.
Walks around hearing voices about how great he thinks he is old Ameet.

GC attaching pick 7 with Jack Bowes to Cats to get off his contract.

GC offering pick 6 for Dan Rioli.

Let's hope our man SOS is locked in convo's with GC to get in on this ridiculous activity.

Firstly, we’re gonna go hard at free agents next year so hopefully we can land a couple to make up for the lack of draft picks

Secondly, next year’s draft is super compromised so a top 10 pick could easily slide a lot further than it would this year with just Ashcroft Lombard Kako

Thirdly, if we really wanted a pick, we can easily trade a futures pick to get back in

There are plenty of options. By no means are we hamstrung for next year if we go hard for this year’s crop
We've been going really hard at the FA market next year every year for about a decade now and all we have to show for it are guys like Cordy and Nathan Brown as short term solutions and Crouch who was under a lot of doubt due to injuries and also just had a drug issue.

The quality FAs either get re-signed, are traded out as pre-agents or go to the big clubs.

There is no way on Earth we should be factoring in the possible acquisition of guys like Balta, Brayshaw or LDU. We need to assume we miss out on them and if we do get lucky and snag one, it's a bonus. Keep some salary available to entice them, sure, but don't discount the worth of future picks on the basis of bringing those guys in.

The other thing we need to remember is that AFL lists have four types of currency to bring in talent, salary cap space, picks, players that can be traded and what I feel is being overlooked is list spaces.

If we go all in on this year's draft, we will still need to take 3 picks next year. I don't want to see us bring in 3 list bloggers from the end of the draft.

I reckon the Injectors will wait until draft night to see if a bid for Kako actually comes before #9 and then do the trades needed.

Re Macrae AFL site stated that the Bulldogs were asking for pick #27 and the Saints returned if you want that pick you have to pay some of his cocontract.
Why would we do that when we have so much salary cap space?

Surely the pick is of more value?

I reckon the Injectors will wait until draft night to see if a bid for Kako actually comes before #9 and then do the trades needed.

Re Macrae AFL site stated that the Bulldogs were asking for pick #27 and the Saints returned if you want that pick you have to pay some of his contract.
They will be trying everything to move up.

But it’s almost an impossible feat.

Tigers at 1+6 won’t trade down. They will want 2 or 3.

North are on record saying they are only willing to go down a few spots. Rules out 9.

West coast … could they? Would be stupid they miss out on the absolute cream talent for pick 9 and a similar value pick next year. I think they take Jagga and he flourishes over there.

Draper crows 🤝

Dees won’t go down from 5. They are trying to trade their own 2025 first in at 11.

And we won’t trade with the Dons to move back prior to the Kako bid.

I find it funny that if you stick around here long enough to see the same narratives repeating. Ameet was our messiah for a few years, people were talking about how we finally have the right people in charge.

Gags was the banker wasn't he? We finally had someone smarter than the opposition clubs and our list would be managed to perfection.

Now both those guys are talked about like they were massive liabilities.

I remember when Newnes, Acres, Gresham, Webster, Bruce and co. were the building blocks of a premiership.

Now people are saying the exact same thing about Windy, Owens, Philipou, Wilson etc. And that this year we could complete our rebuild.

It's pretty fascinating how much group think takes hold of us all.

I certainly think we have spoke to Macrae. Otherwise I think Misson et al need to be taken at their word - we are yet to speak to the Doggies about Macrae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Newnes, Acres, Gresham, Webster, Bruce and co. were the building blocks of a premiership.

Now people are saying the exact same thing about Windy, Owens, Philipou, Wilson etc. And that this year we could complete our rebuild.

It's pretty fascinating how much group think takes hold of us all.
Do you? You must be the only one.

And you think Windy, Pou, Owens,Wilson are no better than Newnes, Acres, Webster and Bruce?

ok

Do you? You must be the only one.

And you think Windy, Pou, Owens,Wilson are no better than Newnes, Acres, Webster and Bruce?

ok
I'd much rather the blokes we have now because they could become guns. We know the guys from the past didn't.

However there is nothing being said about today's kids that wasn't said about the others 7 or 8 years ago.

I reckon if we revisited the post game thread from the first Maddy's game match where we destroyed Richmond we'd see some posts that look very silly now with the benefit of hindsight.

Same with 2020 when Clark, Coffield, Paton and Battle were all potential future AA players.

The more you think about it it's a great position to be in with the picks ahead of Essendon and Kako sitting there.

You'd think Essendon has to call the bluff and risk us not bidding on him don't you?

If we get our hands on 9 and have 789 in this draft it would be nuts.
This question is not aimed at you specifically, but to everybody.

Do we really think this is a particularly strong draft? I thought the prevailing thought was that, aside from Ashcroft, there is no real standout? Not a super draft per se, but a draft containing a bunch of equals.

Have we moved on from this?

This question is not aimed at you specifically, but to everybody.

Do we really think this is a particularly strong draft? I thought the prevailing thought was that, aside from Ashcroft, there is no real standout? Not a super draft per se, but a draft containing a bunch of equals.

Have we moved on from this?
At our range in the open pool, 7-9, it’d be stronger than in the past. It’s just the top 3 or 5 aren’t as strong as previous years but that’s irrelevant to us atm

The super draft claims would come beyond the top 5 to about pick 20ish with how high quality and equal it is compared to previous years

Last edited:
The "super draft" label is a media invention and is applied retrospectively. Until you see how the draftees perform at the level it's merely a potential super draft (just as any given draftee is a potential future All-Australian).

You're better off describing it on the basis of exposed form of the prospective first-rounders as a relatively strong draft or deep draft.

Re Macrae AFL site stated that the Bulldogs were asking for pick #27 and the Saints returned if you want that pick you have to pay some of his contract.
If someone chooses kako before pick 9 aren’t they then stuck either letting him go or using pick 9 toget him? Otherwise everyone would do it like that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back