List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

This draft is so up in the air.

I watch Jack Ough in the prelim and gf and everytime he ran into a pack he made an impact. His work rate around the ground was really impressive. He will be an awesome pick up. Plays forward, mid and defence.
He is also has links to the club.
What are the links?

If we end up with Pick 9 aswell then I'd be definitely taking Armstrong. Can't rely on Max King to stay fit and healthy and lead for the ball and not get pushed of the ball.

So Armstrong + 2 mids for me (1 of them being Xavier Lindsay) and the other I'm not sure.
That’s why we are accepting the Saldo offer to play for the saints.
He will take majority of the ruck as his tap advantage are much better than Marshall’s.
Marshall will play the second tall HF option and take the pressure off King.

We need speed, clean hands and footy brain in the mid.

He will take majority of the ruck as his tap advantage are much better than Marshall’s.

That could be a devastating setup if we don’t **** it up.

likely nothing happening until next Wednesday, trade period should be 1 week maximum this week is just posturing and twitter supporters losing their minds. How many hot takes can we do about Dan Rioli, Dan Houston and Shai Bolton.

I like it, quite different to the template. I think Ough is a bit high especially if we take Smillie

Mine is:

1. FOS (RICH)
2. Ashcroft (BRIS)
3. Lalor (RICH)
4. Draper (WCE)
5. Jagga (ADEL)
6. Reid/Armstrong (MELB)
7. Tauru (NM)
8. Lombard (GC)
9. Smillie (STK)
10. Kako (ESS)
11. Langford/Lindsay (STK)
12. Travaglia (STK)
The only change I can see would be Melb.
After having Harley Reid burn their midfield they will be looking for pace.

Reid could be on the radar on the Dees but is a better version of Hunter Clark and Armstrong should be going to Norf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grow Do Something GIF by AionCommunity

Whether we get our needs at 7 and 8 is up in the air. Depends what makes people happy out of the kids that are realistically in the frame.

That's what I was getting at... they ended up swapping a F2 to get enough points to match the bid. Poor prior planning meant that they had to pay overs.
Do you mean as in that’s the state of play now?

I’m not sure anyone has located the exact rule, but only 2 years ago Sydney bid the pick before GWS pick, who matched with that pick. No way could it possibly be because they had no plan. It’s possible they just decide to take it in the chin or for some other list strategy reason, but my understanding was that it was changed and that the Dons are locked into using their next pick as soon as the bid comes.

Twomey spoke about Langford’s poor combine results. His view is it won’t affect his draftability (is that a word?) and the results were expected. General view seems to be that he’ll slide but I doubt that will be the case.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread
Ahh it’s all a big jumble. Do you mean Cal said that the general consensus seems to be that he’ll slide and he didn’t believe it or so you mean that’s what you think?

Ahh it’s all a big jumble. Do you mean Cal said that the general consensus seems to be that he’ll slide and he didn’t believe it or so you mean that’s what you think?
Can see how my post is confusing.

BF / social media seem to think he may slide as a result of his poor testing. Cal doesn’t have any concerns and still expects him to go high.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back