List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely two future firsts won't be in the discussion.

If Melbourne were crazy enough to offer the two future firsts for 9 and Essendons future second, Essendon wouldn't have the points to match for Kako.

I don't think a future first changes much for Melbourne. If they get a future first and Geelongs second, they could offer two seconds and a future first for Pick 9, but that's not a great return for Oliver.

I'm not over the moon about offering our second round pick.
It may turn up a player that's just as good as pick 9.
Not to mention that this time next year we're skimp.

In my view they aren’t trading in good faith by taking advantage of the GC. I’d prefer GC, WC and Freo to all walk away and leave the Tigs with their flakey arse players who have obviously checked out and are only in it for the coin.
Problem is they can’t, and the players know it.

Dick some of them around, and they’ll never attract a decent trade target or free agent again.

The players have far more loyalty to each other than to their clubs.

Soldo is no great tap ruckman and is not AFL standard around the ground , the reason he has only played 60 games in 10 seasons.
Marshall saves us time and again with his marking around the ground , expecting Soldo to improve us as the dominate ruckman is dreaming - he is just a chop out for Marshall and supposedly a upgrade on Campbell.
He was no1 for hitouts to advantage rate this year (albeit off limited game time)

Ivan Soldo a worse ruckman than Barry Brooks but when you factor in the Mrs he’s a player we can’t do without moving forward.

Thought I'd have a gander at some historic trades for some of the biggest players and biggest trade cough ups to compare to Rioli and Richmond's initial ask of pick 6 and 13...

Patrick Dangerfield: Pick 9, 28 and Dean Gore (?) for Dangerfield and pick 50.

Tim Kelly: Pick 14, 24, 37 and a F1st (which ended up being pick 18).

Lachie Neale: Pick 6, 19 and 55 for Neale and 30.

Dayne Beams: Jack Crisp, Pick 5 and pick 25 for Dayne Beams and pick 67 (one of the all time reamings of Brisbane here).

So... off that, it seems like Richmond are basically equating Daniel Rioli, very good halfback flanker, to 2 time Brownlow medallist midfielder Lachie Neale... Surely you just take the pick 6 and go about your day Richmond?

Thought I'd have a gander at some historic trades for some of the biggest players and biggest trade cough ups to compare to Rioli and Richmond's initial ask of pick 6 and 13...

Dayne Beams: Jack Crisp, Pick 5 and pick 25 for Dayne Beams and pick 67 (one of the all time reamings of Brisbane here).

So... off that, it seems like Richmond are basically equating Daniel Rioli, very good halfback flanker, to 2 time Brownlow medallist midfielder Lachie Neale... Surely you just take the pick 6 and go about your day Richmond?
Beams was up there with the Lachie Weller trade.

I wouldn't read too much into that GWS player was bid on at 16, GWS had picks 17 and 20 at that time.

If they traded out pick 17, pick 20 would have been swallowed up anyway.

The only way they could get two picks in that range was by matching the bid. Completely different scenario to Essendons situation.
So if they can just trade out anyway then we have to put the most attractive offer up within reason, and if we don’t get it, then we bid at 7 anyway, pumping their point needs 😃

Brad Hill wasn’t cheap either

Beams was up there with the Lachie Weller trade.

Ooft, forgot about that one. I think Gold Coast just got all excited about someone nominating them. Either way, Richmond are either delusional or this is a form of ****ing about with Gold Coast and Hardwick.

Hardwick pulled the old "awww geez fellas, dunno if I've got the fire in me anymore" then 12 months later took another gig and started ringing up all his old Richmond players hahah. Flags or no flags the Tiges have to make it painful for him or the door is ajar for others to get poached.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers are doing exactly what I would hope we would do if we had a contracted player want out;

Make a club that is renowned for being a push over at the trade table pay absolute top dollar.

Good on em. If the Suds want a contracted Rioli then pay up.

Same for Freo & Bell.

Make them bleed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar to the MacLobster situation then?

Ooft, forgot about that one. I think Gold Coast just got all excited about someone nominating them. Either way, Richmond are either delusional or this is a form of ****ing about with Gold Coast and Hardwick.

Hardwick pulled the old "awww geez fellas, dunno if I've got the fire in me anymore" then 12 months later took another gig and started ringing up all his old Richmond players hahah. Flags or no flags the Tiges have to make it painful for him or the door is ajar for others to get poached.
Fair call. Hadn’t thought of it that way.

See I kind of think the opposite in this case.

I say bleed Gold Coast dry. They’ve had him since very early in the season, and the entire AFL industry, media & supporter base has known it.

If Ross Lyon moved to a rival club after resigning midway through the season and started poaching our best talent I’d want us to be ruthless too. Gold Coast have made the mistake of committing to Rioli so far out that now they have to get it done. They already struggle to attract mature A Grade talent, so if they fail to get this done, who’s going to go there?

Trade week and a half is such a joke.
Clubs are into players all year.
Anybody who thinks all the work is happening during this week and next is very naive.
The hawks lost manager said the Battle thing had been going on for two years.
Piss in his pocket for two years, befriend the missuses. Josh has been sucked in big time.

The hawks lost manager said the Battle thing had been going on for two years.
Piss in his pocket for two years, befriend the missuses. Josh has been sucked in big time.
Of course it had been ... he was identified by the Hawks as coming out of contract as a FA and he was deemed a need for them

And we are probably doing the same with Brayshaw & LDU and any other FA that we see as being a priority .... as would all clubs .... its just who's piss is sweetest smelling

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back