List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it had been ... he was identified by the Hawks as coming out of contract as a FA and he was deemed a need for them

And we are probably doing the same with Brayshaw & LDU and any other FA that we see as being a priority .... as would all clubs
Yep do that
But look
For
The weak spots
Look for
The pod
Sow the seeds early

The hawks lost manager said the Battle thing had been going on for two years.
Piss in his pocket for two years, befriend the missuses. Josh has been sucked in big time.

The Hawks worked on him so much that he totally bought into their vision and their culture.

So much so that he’s hanging out for the first open training session and his first slagheap selfie in front of their adoring fan base.

07GlQOZ.jpeg

The Hawks worked on him so much that he totally bought into their vision and their culture.

So much so that he’s hanging out for the first open training session and his first slagheap selfie in front of their adoring fan base.

07GlQOZ.jpeg

They offered him the first 2 picks of the hard rubbish collection each Thursday... can't compete with that.

The hawks lost manager said the Battle thing had been going on for two years.
Piss in his pocket for two years, befriend the missuses. Josh has been sucked in big time.
Josh Battle only signed a two year deal because he was unhappy under Ratten, Lyon came in but obviously still unsettled.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be nice to hear something from the club about trade period. SOS interview/Simon Dalrymple interview.. give us something
Quite happy that they don’t show their hand personally.
RTB has said that the strategy is the draft and midfielders.

Who’s Josh Battle? Never heard of her

Thought I'd have a gander at some historic trades for some of the biggest players and biggest trade cough ups to compare to Rioli and Richmond's initial ask of pick 6 and 13...

Patrick Dangerfield: Pick 9, 28 and Dean Gore (?) for Dangerfield and pick 50.

Tim Kelly: Pick 14, 24, 37 and a F1st (which ended up being pick 18).

Lachie Neale: Pick 6, 19 and 55 for Neale and 30.

Dayne Beams: Jack Crisp, Pick 5 and pick 25 for Dayne Beams and pick 67 (one of the all time reamings of Brisbane here).

So... off that, it seems like Richmond are basically equating Daniel Rioli, very good halfback flanker, to 2 time Brownlow medallist midfielder Lachie Neale... Surely you just take the pick 6 and go about your day Richmond?
The 'points' value has him rated as pick 2.
Same as Bolton with 10&11. Laughable

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne want a first rounder and a considerable portion of Oliver’s salary paid.

That is utter insanity and far from a salary dump trade. They genuinely want value in return.
So a different question - not really on top of all this especially when I miss so many pages every day - but is it possible for any of those Tigers players get the club a compo pick ahead of our picks? Or are ours now set in stone? Unsure of their contract statuses.

Thanks.

As exciting as it sounds what is the actual reality that we get pick #9 from Essendon, I think its pretty slim! They are the type of club who would rather use the pick on Kako, than give another club a leg up no matter how much it affects their draft hand. Although it did appear that SOS and Dodoro were quite communicative during the Gresham/Shiel dealings last year, they are just not a trust worthy club.

We have heard a number of times now that our List Management team havent yet spoken with the Dogs re Macrae. SOS, Gubby and Dalrymple have been in the game for a long time, so I guess the lack of approach is a tactical ploy. I wonder if it benefits us with letting Sam Power use all his energy arguing with Geelong over the Smith trade before we approach? Plus we could be hoping they will do well in the Smith trade and that might soften their stance when it comes to Macrae. Interesting times...

I imagine Port have asked us to wait on the Soldo talks until they get the Houston/Lukosius deals squared away.

I still get the feeling that Gubby and SOS have another twist or trade simmering away yet to play out....🤞 With Collingwood showing interest in Jack Hayes, I wonder if we could be looking at a Finlay Macrae trade to get the brothers playing together at the Saints???

Last edited:
As exciting as it sounds what is the actual reality that we get pick #9 from Essendon, I think its pretty slim! They are the type of club who would rather use the pick on Kako, than give another club a leg up no matter how much it affects their draft hand. Although it did appear that SOS and Dodoro were quite communicative during the Gresham/Shiel dealings last year, they are just not a trust worthy club.

We have heard a number of times now that our List Management team havent yet spoken with the Dogs re Macrae. SOS, Gubby and Dalrymple have been in the game for a long time, so I guess the lack of approach is a tactical ploy. I wonder if it benefits us with letting Sam Power use all his energy arguing with Geelong over the Smith trade before we approach? Plus we could be hoping they will do well in the Smith trade and that might soften their stance when it comes to Macrae. Interesting times...

I imagine Port have asked us to wait on the Soldo talks until they get the Houston/Lukosius deals squared away.

I still get the feeling that Gubby and SOS have another twist or trade simmering away yet to play out....🤞 With Collingwood showing interest in Jack Hayes, I wonder if we could be looking at a Finlay Macrae trade to get the brothers playing together at the Saints???
Regarding p9, the Bummers would be inclined to chance their luck but would gauge live trading by who gets taken in the preceding picks.
The downside of that is if they get nervous and table it, then they lose leverage and will get less in return than if they did it now as other clubs will sense the desperation.
They're in a tough spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, we’re gonna go hard at free agents next year so hopefully we can land a couple to make up for the lack of draft picks

Secondly, next year’s draft is super compromised so a top 10 pick could easily slide a lot further than it would this year with just Ashcroft Lombard Kako

Thirdly, if we really wanted a pick, we can easily trade a futures pick to get back in

There are plenty of options. By no means are we hamstrung for next year if we go hard for this year’s crop
There is also a huge amount of quality players coming out of contract next year.
We have already planted seeds in DeKoning and Leek Alliir

You would have to think someone has been talking with Saints. Cannot imagine SOS hearing it for the first time on Trade Radio.....about McCrae....picks us phone to RTB hey Rossie just found out that Doggie ball magnet wants to come to us....who you been having coffee with lately?

What Rossie, you want him to play Battles role, sure we talking about the same bloke?

Let's call Sam Power from Doggies...Hi Sam you say this McCrae fellow is a required player and key to your next premiership.....pick 43, sounds reasonable what's his contract status.....Jesus he saw you coming...

Will get back to you Sam you say he's been talking to us.....well Sam tip for you younguns do not believe everything they say on Trade Radio.

Macrae gets to us later next week as does Soldo for scraps, I reckon

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dogs and Port will break. They both want to free up $$$ capital. They are just trying to milk the situation. IMO it’s great for the first time we have a decent player requesting to come to our club and we are just meh!

Instead of the usual throwing in everything possible to just get it done.

He is an awesome player and has a great set of skills, but he has already had his fair share of concussions. Sad kids a gun.

I have a personal interest in the affects of concussion, so have read a fair bit of material on the topic. One of the article's covered suggested the cumulative affect on the developing brain (adolescants etc) caused a heightened potential of further injury and were more susceptible to long term damage.

With Luke Trainor having had several concussions in his junior years it would have to be raising 'red flags' with clubs medical teams. He might be lucky and never suffer another concussion in his career, but the potential for a career ending injury would be considerably higher than the average player. Given our history with losing players to concussion etc I simply dont think we can take the risk on the kid unfortunately.

He will get picked up, but I doubt it will be with the Saints for the reasons above.

Who’s Josh Battle?

Now he’s just somebody that we used to know

mtOz5K4.jpg

So a different question - not really on top of all this especially when I miss so many pages every day - but is it possible for any of those Tigers players get the club a compo pick ahead of our picks? Or are ours now set in stone? Unsure of their contract statuses.

Thanks.
All the big ones are off the board. We are safe.

LMAO

Essendon has flagged considerable interest in Stone, a 189cm goal kicker, who has overcome five hamstring injuries and disc and arthritis problems in his back.
do it jewish GIF

As osteo is usually shorthanded to arthritis and just too common, would this then be smoothed stone?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back