List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a suggestion today on Trade Talk that they could attempt to do a swap with GCS for pick #6. Hopefully the Melbourne bid threat quells that idea and trading out becomes there only real option. However if they do look for a future 1st rounder swap then there is nothing preventing all the clubs having a go at it. Melbourne have said they are really keen to get another early pick so I expect pick #9 will become as popular the GCS pick #13 and create a bidding war.

If that occurs us suggesting we wont bid on Kako will have little weight, and the Bombers could do very well out of the situation. The entire industry knows this is a great draft, some clubs will have later future 1st round pick offers, but there will be nothing preventing them from offering a lot lot more. Particularly if players Essendon are interested in come into play.

Last edited:

Now he’s just somebody that we used to know

mtOz5K4.jpg
Now that’s one of your best!

There was a suggestion today on Trade Talk that they could attempt to do a swap with GCS for pick #6. Hopefully the Melbourne bid threat quells that idea and trading out becomes there only real option. However if they do look for a future 1st rounder swap then there is nothing preventing all the clubs having a go at it. Melbourne have said they are really keen to get another early pick so I expect pick #9 will become as popular the GCS pick #13 and create a bidding war.

If that occurs us suggesting we wont bid on Kako will have little weight, and the Bombers could do very well out of the situation. The entire industry knows this is a great draft, some clubs will have later future 1st round pick offers, but there will be nothing preventing them from offering a lot lot more. Particularly if players Essendon are interested in come into play.
I can't see the pick swap happening.
GC need #6 to get the Rioli deal done, min.

Tonights report contradicts Mitch Cleary's from last night that we were haggling over who pays the salary but thats trade period.

Sounds good for us if true.
If we haven't even picked up the phone to discuss macrae- safe to presume we've been working on more important stuff.

Macrae for stuff all is an excellent get for us, but glad to hear it's seemingly not our biggest fish to fry this year

Tonights report contradicts Mitch Cleary's from last night that we were haggling over who pays the salary but thats trade period.

Doggies taking a leaf out of the Dodo trade manual there - talking to the media instead of us and suggesting waaaaay overs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been going really hard at the FA market next year every year for about a decade now and all we have to show for it are guys like Cordy and Nathan Brown as short term solutions and Crouch who was under a lot of doubt due to injuries and also just had a drug issue.

The quality FAs either get re-signed, are traded out as pre-agents or go to the big clubs.

There is no way on Earth we should be factoring in the possible acquisition of guys like Balta, Brayshaw or LDU. We need to assume we miss out on them and if we do get lucky and snag one, it's a bonus. Keep some salary available to entice them, sure, but don't discount the worth of future picks on the basis of bringing those guys in.

The other thing we need to remember is that AFL lists have four types of currency to bring in talent, salary cap space, picks, players that can be traded and what I feel is being overlooked is list spaces.

If we go all in on this year's draft, we will still need to take 3 picks next year. I don't want to see us bring in 3 list bloggers from the end of the draft.
LDU
Aleer
King

3 lost spots sorted

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back