2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="HeavenlySources" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
if he had as good a champs as he did the rest of the year he would be a lock for Pick . The only reason he is available to us is because of the less than expectations performance.

at [emoji[emoji6]] + [emoji[emoji6]] we aren't going to get the pick of the litter here, anyone that slides to us will have knocks on them but I think he would be best available and fit a need if he slides to [emoji[emoji6]].

Just realized I’m preaching to the person choir haha

Just had a crazy thought. Remember when Schoenmaker was rated in the first round? Imagine if Trainor slid to the 4th round because of his concussion issues

Both third talls, both beautiful kicks

When did I ever say there was a clear top 6?

All I said was that imo there's a clear top 6 of mids. FOS, Jagga, Draper, Lalor, Smillie, Langford. Tauru isn't a mid
The thing a lot of non-draft focused supporters don't understand is that there is a clear top 6 (in the context of our squad; FOS, Jagga, Draper, Smillie, Lalor, Langford) in the open pool and we now have picks 7 & 8 when we could've had 5 & 6 and been in the perfect position. I get the view that its only a slide of two picks, but I feel like that is extremely uninformed in the context of this year's crop. The gap between pick 6 and pick 7 is the same as what it was between Phillipou and Hollands (10 to 11) in 2022, and what it was from O'Sullivan to Gothard (11 to 12) last year - hence why the top-end is being labelled weak. We now have to rely on other clubs to take bolters to get a look into the top crop. Hopefully North Melbourne trade down at the top and take Trainor
you qualified it by saying "in the context of our squad" I guess, either way I don't think the gap between 6 and 7 is what you and others made it out to be at the time, it's a very even first round so just hoping the pymple has done his home work

you qualified it by saying "in the context of our squad" I guess, either way I don't think the gap between 6 and 7 is what you and others made it out to be at the time, it's a very even first round so just hoping the pymple has done his home work
I mean, my point still stands. If we had finished with picks 5 & 6 we'd almost be guaranteed two of FOS, Jagga, Draper, Lalor, Smillie which would've been absolutely ideal. It's no coincidence those are the main guys who have been in the pick 1 conversation throughout the year

The below picture also supports my argument (apart from Reid but I think many of us would agree he's been overrated)

1728478662580.png

Trade 9 to GWS for 15 and 16.
They have made it clear they want a top 10 pick and have their picks on the table.
If GWS are willing to trade 15 and 16 for 9, wouldn't Essendon make that trade themselves?

I don't think they'd had much trouble trading those picks for future first round picks.

Is this website credible?

They are the guys that operate the draft combine so I guess a bit

What I find with their rankings is that they focus a lot on the current performance of players in their draft years, rather than trying to project the careers of the players and seeing who has the most upside and who is most likely to reach their potential. Makes it very volatile to injuries and unavailability

Could consider it more a 'best and fairest of draft year ranking' more than a 'draft ranking' if that makes sense

I dont pay much attention to their rankings personally

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back