List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks worked on him so much that he totally bought into their vision and their culture.

So much so that he’s hanging out for the first open training session and his first slagheap selfie in front of their adoring fan base.

07GlQOZ.jpeg
couple of years time dingly will look better than Moorabbin probably good as collingwood and we will weep

For anyone who’s behind, the current state of St Kilda’s list as of: 10/10/2024

Out:

Tom Campbell - delisted
Matthew Allison - delisted
Riley Bonner - delisted
James Van Es - delisted
Seb Ross - delisted
Josh Battle - free agency

In:

Pick 8 - free agency band 1 compensation

Current 2024 draft picks: 7, 8, 27, 46

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Easy to do when you've just won flags

Absolutely. No argument there. But I think there are too many clubs (not just Saints) that simply don't turn over their lists enough. I won't list all the players that we held on to for too long over the past 13 years - every club has them - but sometimes I think clubs need to make a very honest and brutal assessment of where they are at. For example, I think in 2018 Saints thought they were entering a contender window. Plainly, many of us in here could see that players like Billings, Gresham, Coffield, Clark were not the young stars of the competition.

I think Tigers have said, this list is not getting us a flag anytime soon, lets turn it over while we have some good currency and this looks like a pretty good year to do that.

Hard to see how we get McCrae done unless Doggies have a burning need to offload him ( I don't believe they do). Pick 46 does not seem to excite Dogs and can't see Saints using 23. Unless maybe they trade 8 down for Freos 15 and 16 and then use 23?

Hard to see how it can happen but there are always twists.
I reckon there's a bit of posturing going on. Pick 46 is a decent pick in this draft, Macrae has been a champ for them but surely they don't want to pay him 800k to be sub? It will get done I think.

I reckon there's a bit of posturing going on. Pick 46 is a decent pick in this draft, Macrae has been a champ for them but surely they don't want to pay him 800k to be sub? It will get done I think.
Like Power doing the negotiations in the media isn't helping him either

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

DFA Jacob Konstanty from Sydney keep an eye out for this.
A Dalrymple special
See a similar player in Charlie Clark at the Dogs doesn’t look like getting a new deal, maybe they throw him in as steak knives with Macrae?

I would agree, can't see how we make room, but were there not some murmurings about us being linked to that bloke from North...Curtis Taylor?
Has any legit journos backed that interest up? I've only seen it from fan type accounts.

Membrey, Paton, Hayes and Hotton remain unsigned. Four more spots could open up.
Counting all them leaving and Crouch retiring, we'd have 10 spots. We already have 4 committed elsewhere so given our draft plans, it's tight to have any left over.

It's a really aggressive strategy, probably buying 2 or 3 years of pain but I like it. They don't have the depth that is going to get a flag while Lynch, Bolton etc are still playing. Hit what is the best draft pool for a while really hard and rebuild. Hawks did it. Saints should have done it in 2011.
No way we could have done that - GWS had 11 of the first 14 picks in 2011.

As it was - we did exceptionally well in 2011 getting Seb Ross @ 25 Jack Newnes @ 37 and Jimmy Webster @ Pick 42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couple of years time dingly will look better than Moorabbin probably good as collingwood and we will weep

Yes all sunshine, rainbows and lollipops for Joshie’s Hokkers 🥰

UNTIL!!! 😱

Absolutely. No argument there. But I think there are too many clubs (not just Saints) that simply don't turn over their lists enough. I won't list all the players that we held on to for too long over the past 13 years - every club has them - but sometimes I think clubs need to make a very honest and brutal assessment of where they are at. For example, I think in 2018 Saints thought they were entering a contender window. Plainly, many of us in here could see that players like Billings, Gresham, Coffield, Clark were not the young stars of the competition.

I think Tigers have said, this list is not getting us a flag anytime soon, lets turn it over while we have some good currency and this looks like a pretty good year to do that.

So we drafted Clark and Coffield in 2017 and by season 2018 you knew they were no good.
Aren't you the clever one?

Which of the current draft crop ( 2024) are obviously not going to be stars of the competition , then we can avoid drafting them?

So we drafted Clark and Coffield in 2017 and by season 2018 you knew they were no good.
Aren't you the clever one?

Which of the current draft crop ( 2024) are obviously not going to be stars of the competition , then we can avoid drafting them?
I'm also impressed they saw Gresham kick 35 goals as a 3rd year player after kicking 30 the year before yet knew that would be the peak his career.

Jack Hayes​

Collingwood looms as a landing spot for the St Kilda tall, possibly later in the year as a delisted free agent. North Melbourne also had an interest but opted instead to sign Jack Darling. Other clubs are keeping an eye on him as well given key position players are so hard to find. He's just played eight AFL games so far in between various injuries, but he's got a bit to offer.

f5659gKB.jpg

Jack Hayes during the round eight match between St Kilda and North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, May 4, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos

Tim Membrey​

The St Kilda forward could potentially sign for a third club, but there's been no deal forthcoming yet. He's set to have more conversations with the Saints this week having played 19 senior games this year. North Melbourne has also had a look at Membrey but, like Jack Hayes, moved on once they got a commitment from Jack Darling. Melbourne had some interest, but is now set on signing Wade Derksen from Greater Western Sydney. Carlton has also been interested in Membrey in the past, but there's a chance he'll stay at the Saints on a new deal.

Hard to see how we get McCrae done unless Doggies have a burning need to offload him ( I don't believe they do). Pick 46 does not seem to excite Dogs and can't see Saints using 23. Unless maybe they trade 8 down for Freos 15 and 16 and then use 23?

Hard to see how it can happen but there are always twists.
What will Macrae and Daniels be worth next trade period if they both cop the same treatment as this season

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back