List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Hayes​

Collingwood looms as a landing spot for the St Kilda tall, possibly later in the year as a delisted free agent. North Melbourne also had an interest but opted instead to sign Jack Darling. Other clubs are keeping an eye on him as well given key position players are so hard to find. He's just played eight AFL games so far in between various injuries, but he's got a bit to offer.

f5659gKB.jpg

Jack Hayes during the round eight match between St Kilda and North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, May 4, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos

Tim Membrey​

The St Kilda forward could potentially sign for a third club, but there's been no deal forthcoming yet. He's set to have more conversations with the Saints this week having played 19 senior games this year. North Melbourne has also had a look at Membrey but, like Jack Hayes, moved on once they got a commitment from Jack Darling. Melbourne had some interest, but is now set on signing Wade Derksen from Greater Western Sydney. Carlton has also been interested in Membrey in the past, but there's a chance he'll stay at the Saints on a new deal.
Hopefully if Giants hold firm on Derksen the Dees revisit Membrey

What will Macrae and Daniels be worth next trade period if they both cop the same treatment as this season

Yeah, I think that is one thing in favor of Dogs getting a deal done this year. If they are not longer term their value is only likely to go down next year. Maybe it is all positioning. They say they have a role for Macrae. Just hard to see them going for 46 and I think most of us agree 23 is too much to give up.

Sounds to me like we have been hoping someone will offer Membrey a contract that will trigger a compensation pick.

That's probably look less and less likely as the trade period goes on. He was probably our best performed key forward this year so I hope he stays, even if he ends up in the VFL.

Caminiti and Sharman show potential but neither are a sure thing and I'm not sold the two rucks will work so it will be handy to have a back up plan.

Absolute irrefutable evidence that the Trade period is too f***ing long.

Yeah Ivan - we want you. Can you pop in next Wednesday morning before the trade period ends and do a few run throughs and we'll give Port a call and sort out a late pick trade.

Nah don't leave straight after - just hang around and have a shower - we'll have the contract sitting there when you've finished.

Welcome to the Saints

Sounds to me like we have been hoping someone will offer Membrey a contract that will trigger a compensation pick.

That's probably look less and less likely as the trade period goes on. He was probably our best performed key forward this year so I hope he stays, even if he ends up in the VFL.

Caminiti and Sharman show potential but neither are a sure thing and I'm not sold the two rucks will work so it will be handy to have a back up plan.
No idea why North chased Darling ahead of Membrey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd get a game for us, but I'm not sure we his upside is huge. Would take him for a later pick but they're likely to be involved in getting Macrae and Soldo.
He’s not getting a game ahead of Clark, Dow, Phillipou, Henry, let alone pick 7,8, Garcia

Way too slow for the modern game and isn’t good enough in the contest. Poor ball user too. Lucky to still be on a list

Hard to see how we get McCrae done unless Doggies have a burning need to offload him ( I don't believe they do). Pick 46 does not seem to excite Dogs and can't see Saints using 23. Unless maybe they trade 8 down for Freos 15 and 16 and then use 23?

Hard to see how it can happen but there are always twists.
I don't see how screwing over a life long servant of the club because he wants senior game time so you can hold onto him and rot in the VFL does you any favors.

If WB want to cut off their nose to spite their face so be it. Will do wonders for club culture and player attitude towards a coach which is at best questionable. Doing shit like that makes it hard to be successful.

Just like Melbourne holding onto Oliver and wanting prime value for trading him. As long as he stays at that club it's going to be a train wreck.

So we drafted Clark and Coffield in 2017 and by season 2018 you knew they were no good.
Aren't you the clever one?

Which of the current draft crop ( 2024) are obviously not going to be stars of the competition , then we can avoid drafting them?

In 2017 the club followed exactly Callum Toohey's phantom draft

Funny how the club pays recruiters so much and they just follow the media's lead.

Was a complete no risk option, if it goes pear shaped then they just quote everyone else.

I understood the Hunter Clark pick but Coffield was a strange one, we already had his position locked down and we didn't need more backline players. Then we pick up Logan Austin too in the same year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back