List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great post, another factor to consider is each clubs draft hand vs their list spots. they need to draft 3 players at least and doing that at pick 9 + 88 + 104 etc isn't ideal
They wouldn't worry about that too much. They'll get currency for Stringer, maybe Shiel. Can also trade F3 F4 at certain points for specific players if they want.

Jeez, if I were hawthorn I'd be trying to make that trade happen. Addressed their biggest weakness by bringing in to high quality KPDs and could add another promising mid to an already talented group.

That would be a massive haul for a team that narrowly missed a prelim with extrem upside.
1000%. You've got a team that finished 7th, add Barrass, Battle, and pick 9 and you're in serious business. Would also allow them to get back into the first round after trading for Barrass.

Surprised we haven't heard more about it - maybe they are waiting to complete the Barrass trade so that the Eagles don't ask for 9 instead of 14?

St Kilda , being saintly and Saintly, has always carried the flag of honesty, humility and passionate, honest toil, so it comes as a shock that Mr Hayes has met with that dastardly and morally flu-swept.. Collingwood, who carry crime on their finger tips. But how can it be, a guy who has played out six full games in a career of AFL football could desert a team with just one Ruckman:forward Marshall? Nonsense aside, is it worth worrying about? How many tears have you shed on account of Mr. Bytel?

Last edited:
Interesting, in a competition where you have to find ways to beat your opponent ... I really don't see what gain there is by leaking who we are going to pick up.

I'd be more inclined to try to throw the opposition off as much as possible, not lay down a road for your opponents to be fully prepared.
He doesn’t get it from the club … he gets the info from the opposition about that club. Leaks, players innocently answering qns from the next recruiter, interviews, so on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dPrrcFU.gif

Jay Clark reporting -

At this stage GWS has three list spots available and could look to package together picks 15, 16, 21 and 37 to help jump up the order with a club such as St Kilda, which has picks seven and eight.

Would give us plenty of ammo to get 9.

🤔

If we walk out of trade week with 7, 8, 9 and Macrae and nothing else (including a future first) I’ll be stoked.

If we walk out with 7, 8 and 27 and Macrae I’ll be equally happy.

If we walk about with 7, 8 and swap 27 for the dogs second (35) I’ll still be happy, slightly less so but still happy.

Wed need to go full saints to **** it up from where we are.

If we walk out of trade week with 7, 8, 9 and Macrae and nothing else (including a future first) I’ll be stoked.

If we walk out with 7, 8 and 27 and Macrae I’ll be equally happy.

If we walk about with 7, 8 and swap 27 for the dogs second (35) I’ll still be happy, slightly less so but still happy.

Wed need to go full saints to **** it up from where we are.
If we don’t come out of trade week with Soldo’s missus it will be an unmitigated disaster.

Jay Clark reporting -

At this stage GWS has three list spots available and could look to package together picks 15, 16, 21 and 37 to help jump up the order with a club such as St Kilda, which has picks seven and eight.

🤔

It would. But why would GWS be that generous?

Pick 16 +37 is the same amount of points as pick 8. Why would GWS also throw in 15 and 21 which are worth more than pick 8 in themselves ? That is paying more than double. Yes you expect a premium to go lower, but I doubt that they are that desperate.

Pick 16 +37 is the same amount of points as pick 8. Why would GWS also throw in 15 and 21 which are worth more than pick 8 in themselves ? That is paying more than double. Yes you expect a premium to go lower, but I doubt that they are that desperate.

Points are irrelevant if there is a player who they want before their picks.
Points are not a guide to the value of the draft pick, only if you want to match a bid.

Because they have a shit ton of random picks that they won't use. They're already locked into Logan Smith as an academy pick, and are likely to take a 2nd academy player in Cooper Bell. That means they only need to use 2-4 other picks and I suspect we'll probably swap some late picks back too

Points are irrelevant and as proven by essendons comments today.

A top 10 pick is going to cost you more then 2 first rounders.

Jay Clark reporting -

🤔
What would GWS be targeting? they usually pick from 'their own talent order' which I assume is players willing to go to Sydney, their strategy has produced some bolters in the past.

If who they are targeting isn't the same type as ours then sweet, do the deal and slide back to 9 and we can get the same player there anyway and add an extra pick or two.

What would GWS be targeting? they usually pick from 'their own talent order' which I assume is players willing to go to Sydney, their strategy has produced some bolters in the past.

If who they are targeting isn't the same type as ours then sweet, do the deal and slide back to 9 and we can get the same player there anyway and add an extra pick or two.
Gotta be Travaglia given they're losing Cumming and Perryman as half back/wingers or maybe Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back