List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

What would GWS be targeting? they usually pick from 'their own talent order' which I assume is players willing to go to Sydney, their strategy has produced some bolters in the past.

If who they are targeting isn't the same type as ours then sweet, do the deal and slide back to 9 and we can get the same player there anyway and add an extra pick or two.
They seem like a club that would love Travaglia and his versatility

Jay Clark reporting -

At this stage GWS has three list spots available and could look to package together picks 15, 16, 21 and 37 to help jump up the order with a club such as St Kilda, which has picks seven and eight.

Would give us plenty of ammo to get 9.

🤔
Just listened to the report, I don't think Clark mentioned pick 37

How do you pronounce Kako?
images

...... but backwards

Jay Clark reporting -

At this stage GWS has three list spots available and could look to package together picks 15, 16, 21 and 37 to help jump up the order with a club such as St Kilda, which has picks seven and eight.

Would give us plenty of ammo to get 9.

🤔
8 & 9 for 15, 16 & Callaghan.... yeah I went there!

F*** IT 3 CLUB MEGA TRADE

ClubGivesDVI TotalGetsDVI Total
St Kilda8, F1st, 2742799, 15, 163641 (-638)
Essendon9, 31, Jake Stringer2090F1st, 21, 273898 (+1808)
GWS15, 16, 2130578, 31, Jake Stringer2180 (-877)

Caveats:
  • Values St Kilda Future 1st at a projected Pick 7 which in 2025 has an increased DVI value of 2317
  • Haven't put a pick value on Jake Stringer in this deal he's the steak knives

Last edited:
That was a real sliding door moment.

What would have happened if along with Lyon "retiring" Milne, Kosi, and Baker then leaving, we'd have also traded club icon Nick Riewoldt, probably to the Pies, and found new homes for players like Lenny, Joey, Dempster, Gilbo, and moved earlier on BJ and Dal?

Would us Saints fans have accepted it? Woukd anyone at all have turned up to games? What would have happened to an unsupported St Kilda in the dawning of those two expansion sides GWS and GCS? Would have coincided nicely with our move to Seaford!

We would've had nothing at all to show for for that era. The players would have been hugely frustrated that we were just turning up our toes and not continuing to get something out of this group. Imagine what the broader footy world would have made of our club.

We could have got a few great draft picks and slowly crawled back up the ladder. Who knows, maybe Scotty Watters might have been more effective without senior players challenging him. (shudder)

It would have been a logical move perhaps, but we are not the kind of club who can wear that type of loser mindset without completely imploding, and even less back then when no one had really tanked to that degree before.
Battlers gotta battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would it take for you?
I honestly don’t know.

I never really thought any of this was a possibility (4 first rounders)

What would it look like assuming it’s Travaglia that the giants want?

7.Smillie
9. Langford/Armstrong
15. Reid
16. Trainor

I really don't know why there isn't a little bidding war for Tim Membrey.

To a club in the window, he is absolutely worth 2 years and a decent salary.

Could well be the difference in winning finals for a Collingwood, Brisbane or even Sydney.
Because he is a list clogger? I love the guy but he isn't much chop.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If GWS are really going to be throwing their picks away, I would have thought they'd be going to Essendon.

15, 16, 21 and 37 to Essendon for Stringer, 9 and a future 2nd seems most likely to me.

Essendon would then look to trade on 15, 16 and 21 and use 31 and 37 on Kako.

Maybe instead of trading 27 and our f1 to Essendon for 9, we'd be looking at trading our f1 for pick 15, although I wouldn't exactly be partying in the streets.

I would be reasonably happy to come away with Smilie, Lindsay, Trainor and the best available at 27.

Getting rid of players in there prime is crazy , Rioli just won there fairest and best , Bolton is one of the most exciting players around and Baker is as good as any halfbacks around - I just can't see giving up 3 star players in there prime and going to the draft which as we know is a lottery - will all 3 of there picks be as good as what they are losing - I doubt it.

If you are lucky a snag the right picks but it doesn't mean success - Suns , GWS have been gifted the best picks for years and still no flag - GWS had there best chance this year but blew it / now they have lost a bunch of players and have a aging core that have most probably seen there best.

Imagine if we lost Sinclair , Wilkie and Steele it would gut us and these guys are a good couple years older than what the Tigers have lost.
I don’t think the tigers have much choice in the matter, by the sounds of it, it’s the players wanting to move.

Bolten wants to go back home to Freo.
Baker and Graham are also WA locals.
Rioli has been sold the dream by Dimma living up on the GC.

See a similar player in Charlie Clark at the Dogs doesn’t look like getting a new deal, maybe they throw him in as steak knives with Macrae?
Watch Charlie Clark at dragons. Im suprised Dogs picked him up when they had already a handful of smalls.
He was very entertaining to watch.
Loved a goal.

Interesting, in a competition where you have to find ways to beat your opponent ... I really don't see what gain there is by leaking who we are going to pick up.

I'd be more inclined to try to throw the opposition off as much as possible, not lay down a road for your opponents to be fully prepared.
So you think that our recruitment team merely adopted Cal’s prediction? Because that’s what you OP said. Which is more likely?

All these scenarios are like looking at the menu in a great restaurant. You love it all. You just don’t know what to choose.

Then you do pick…it arrives…..should have chosen something else.

Hope this year is different of course. Recent years been pretty good.

I do like that we are saying nothing. Alpha behaviour.

Surely we can beef up our trade selections through F2 trading with GC or GWS.
They have a few academy players coming in high next year.

It has probably already been mentioned, but if we bid on Kako and the Dons don't match, is he a player that is worth pick 8 for us.
See for yourself. Milney mk II. If we somehow don't get him in the draft, we HAVE to steal him from the Bombers' list like we did with mk I back in the day. Gonna love watching this guy in the Red White and Black through the years, trust me.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back