List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have gone a bit Lalor crazy.

I know you have to take bold risks at the draft but that kid is going to be under so much pressure and everyone will constantly compare him to whoever goes at 7&8.

Trust Dalrymple to make the call (not SOS) who live traded for Stocker who he viewed as a ‘top 6 talent’ in 2018
I think a few on here have gone a bit crazy in general ...... pick swapping for the hell of it

7 & 8 are great picks

2 of Langford / Smillie / Reid / Lindsay / Travaglia

That's seems to be what will likely be available

I think a few on here have gone a bit crazy in general ...... pick swapping for the hell of it

7 & 8 are great picks

Plenty of interesting players around our 3rd pick as well.

Sorry for this simple question.
IIRC, if not enough points are available to match a bid in the later rounds, then the deficit in points is offset against the natural pick in the equivalent round in the following year?
If so, what happens when there is no point value attached to that future pick?

"keen to retain him" is definitely the sort of thing clubs say during trade period when 've already cleaned out his locker and cancelled his swipe card.
If we take MaCraes money , his basically is a salary dump and his trade value is a throw away pick.
If not just get Kennedy , he could we be what we need to fill in a hole until the kids get off there training wheels.
Many out of favor mids have had a resurgence after changing clubs - Brodie when he went to Freo and Parish when finally getting a chance due to injury at the Bombers.

Yeah? Sorry, I don’t really understand your point here.
Sorry I was agreeing with you, just trying to say if they are so keen to retain him (as they claim) they can just hold him to his contract. No need to talk to us or anyone else, they could've retained him by doing literally nothing

Sorry I was agreeing with you, just trying to say if they are so keen to retain him (as they claim) they can just hold him to his contract. No need to talk to us or anyone else, they could've retained him by doing literally nothing
By all accounts the bad blood between coach and player can not be repaired and usually when that happens the player or coach is moved on.
Daniel is the other who was unsettled this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 & 8 are great picks

I reckon all picks down to about pick 16 are great TBH. And no doubt beyond that too. Hard to separate them. Beyond 16 is just where it gets a little bit less clear for mine. Can see why Carlton ponied up a F1+F2 for 14, Dees are offering F1+28 for 13, and Swans would do 19 + 22 for 13 (if Port get it).

I would guess our priorities for players looks like:
1. Smillie / Allan ... Lalor / Langford gone
2. Lindsay / Reid / Hotton / Berry ... FOS / Smith / Draper gone
3. Travaglia / Trainor ... Tauru gone
not a priority: Armstrong / Shanahan

I doubt we'd pick two players from the same group, but I would love to get one from each. Very tempting to split 8 with Carlton (12+14) or GWS (15+16), even if it needs a little going back to them. Would really like to hang onto 7 to get the top banana though. Plenty of good prospects at 27 too. Jack Ough is taller than Rooey FFS. Love Lalor & FOS but I'm not sure I'd be trading up & out of this group for them.

Either way a great position to be in.

if we're trading in soldo and mcrae we might need something from the future.
Whatever happens we have to keep our first round draft pick next year , the reason being if we are going after Callaghan we will need it.
Hopefully they already know his intentions by meeting with him already - as they have said they want to bring a few of the local guys back home.

Whatever happens we have to keep our first round draft pick next year , the reason being if we are going after Callaghan we will need it.
Hopefully they already know his intentions by meeting with him already - as they have said they want to bring a few of the local guys back home.
We can do the Callaghan deal for 2026 F1 and 2027 F1, I know we have hyped him up and he looks promising and a local boy but we are buying on potential. GWS can't be unreasonable, they are playing him on the wing! 2 Future firsts gets it done.

Sam Power has asked for a top 10 pick for Bailey Smith, you can bet he will be asking for Pick 27 for Macrae so I'd emotionally detach from getting him through the door this year.

We can do the Callaghan deal for 2026 F1 and 2027 F1, I know we have hyped him up and he looks promising and a local boy but we are buying on potential. GWS can't be unreasonable, they are playing him on the wing! 2 Future firsts gets it done.
2 first round mids this year and getting him next year should set us up for years to come.

Sam Power has asked for a top 10 pick for Bailey Smith, you can bet he will be asking for Pick 27 for Macrae so I'd emotionally detach from getting him through the door this year.
Something is definitely wrong at that club , leaders like MaCrae and Daniel want out and untapped talent like Smith is walking out the door.
Something has upset them.
All 3 would walk int the best 22 in most other teams.

Something is definitely wrong at that club , leaders like MaCrae and Daniel want out and untapped talent like Smith is walking out the door.
Something has upset them.
All 3 would walk int the best 22 in most other teams.
There was a rumour floating around a few months back that JUH was out the door wonder if that will end up triggering Bevo's exit if he doesn't win extra year's premiership

He can ask for pick 27 but I think we are prepared to walk away if Power is unwilling to operate in a realistic manner.

7 & 8 are great picks

Moving picks costs capital. I'm sitting on what we have too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back