List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling Tigers picks might also be involved here.

But from our perspective pick 3 is the glittering prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our future first could be used on Baker. While I agree it’s overs it’s really on WC to compensate us appropriately if they want that pick involved in the deal to unlock Baker.

It could be as simple as our pick 8 and our future first for pick 3 (WC), 24 (Rich) and 25 (WC). Many say pick 15 next year (which ours could end up after NGAs) is equivalent to this years pick 25.

We take 3, 7, 24, 25 and 27 to the draft. Or trade the second rounders for point chasing teams.

There’s always the risk we completely bottom out and finish bottom 4 though. But there’s an equal risk for Rich given how diluted next years first round is. Food for thought.

An Eagles supporter suggested something like 7 and 8 for 3 and 15.

I dunno where 15 is coming from, but I could see us do that if there's someone we desperately want in the 4 of the draft.
Thats a terrible deal.

8 + 27 for 3 + 63.

They can split 8 for a pick and Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fk me ...any trade with West Coast has to be heavily skewed in our favor as they are the desperate ones ... not us

I like Lalor but something like 7 & 8 for 3 & 15 sucks hard as it gives nothing extra our way .... and I think I would prefer the probable combination of players at 7 & 8 anyway

Sorry mate but 3 and 15 for 7 and 8 is a very fair deal. Whether we would do it or not depends on how we separate the top end of the draft. But it’s very fair for both parties on face value.
I’m not saying it isn’t fair.

I’m saying it’s terrible.

The level of talents are similar in that top 7-8 picks

I hate it. I just don’t think the top 4-5 are a class above.

Agree they are marginally better but they are not worth giving our positions (7 & 8) away! The all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Apart from Ashcroft none of the top group are that much in front of the others. It would have been great to get one or two of the earlier picks, but giving away our current position when there will be at least one slide to our position/s is not worth what we would have to give up. Smillie was rated No 1 until the championships and really if anyone deserves the No 1 credential after the champs it was Jagga Smith.

Ashcroft has headed the lot since then, Smith continued motoring along and really only Draper, Langford and Reid had outstanding games in the run home. OSullivan, Lalor will be getting picked on last years form and Smillie will be getting picked on his early season form and potential given his size.

So apart from Ashcroft with some luck pick #7 could end up the pick of the group. Given the above IMO its simply not worth giving up our position to improve our picks.

Sorry mate but 3 and 15 for 7 and 8 is a very fair deal. Whether we would do it or not depends on how we separate the top end of the draft. But it’s very fair for both parties on face value.
We don’t need it to be fair though.

If teams are after our picks to unlock deals, has to be in our favour.

We have 2 top ten picks, don’t need it to be fair.

I’m not saying it isn’t fair.

I’m saying it’s terrible.

The level of talents are similar in that top 7-8 picks
Disagree. There’s a divide between the top 5 and the next rung. A top 3 pick gets us either Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper or Langford. Highly unlikely almost impossible any of those guys slide to 7. So if we really want one of them we need to pay the piper.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back