List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he laughable when he was getting leather poisoning in the tac as a mid ? Paddy Dow ring a bell. Sometimes I wonder if I’ve got my wires crossed we are talking and Zak jones here ?.

He no longer plays TAC, he’s the number one goal kicker for the St Kilda football club in the AFL. So when suggested he would be good midfield depth cover, yes, we are laughing 😂

St Kilda exploiting Wester Bulldogs’ salary crunch over Jack Macrae, cool interest in Ivan Soldo

The Western Bulldogs need Jack Macrae’s salary off their book, and St Kilda knows it. JON RALPH unpacks how they could exploit it, plus why the Saints have pulled the pin on Ivan Soldo.
Jon RalphJon Ralph

@RalphyHeraldSun

2 min read
October 13, 2024 - 3:15PM
News Sport Network
https://archive.md/kzdZb#share-tools
3c77605609827c3ae81713a36b4bdd022220fe2f.jpg

AFL: Leigh Montagna breaks down St Kilda's chase of Jack Macrae, and why a Blue could be a better option.
St Kilda will hope the Western Bulldogs’ desperation to get Jackson Macrae’s salary off their books will see them accepting a late future pick as the Saints cool their interest on ruckman Ivan Soldo.
Triple All Australian Macrae finished only 20th in the Western Bulldogs best-and-fairest after being handed the subs vest four times and is due a significant wage above $800,000 for the next two years of a contract with three seasons remaining.
The Bulldogs are bemused that it took over three weeks for the Saints to make any contact about Macrae after he declared his interest to move from Whitten Oval to Moorabbin.
Jack Macrae. Photo by Michael Klein

Jack Macrae. Photo by Michael Klein
But the Saints have a walkaway point in the potential trade, simply unwilling to impact a 2024 draft hand that is currently at picks seven, eight, 27 and 47.
They are hoping the Dogs will accept a future third or fourth-rounder for the 30-year-old who they pushed to high half forward for much of the year when he was in the senior side.
Given he is due over $2 million in salary obligations, the Saints are happy to absorb that salary but unwilling to give up a pick of any substance.
They will make their midfield a priority with picks seven and eight so are keen on Macrae as midfield depth but not at the expense of their draft hand

I’m happy to trade 8, but we must keep 7.
My ideal scenario would be 8+27 for WC 3 and a late pick or two coming back our way.
There are 7 elite mids in the open pool, not 8.

Pick 3 - FOS/Lalor/Jagga/Draper
Pick 7 - Smillie/slider if there is one

Midfield sorted, rebuilt complete.
Just my two cents while I'm here, that doesn't help the Eagles get Baker which we're apparently hellbent on getting (to our disgust)

I don't know what getting the above achieves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear you bunch of dreary concern trolls
1. All this coming for our picks has been predicted since we got pick 8
2. These are the first shots and speculation from the likes of Tom Morris doesn't make it fact.
3. Any trade will favour us, we are not the desperate ones to get trades done.
4. Bye Mrs Soldo, we hardly knew you.
5. Hello Goobers mum ( again)
6. Zac Jones was given a one year contact FFS. He was good at the end of the year.
7. Grant Thomas has and always will be an arrogant, out of touch pain in the arse. Aldi Sam Newman.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just my two cents while I'm here, that doesn't help the Eagles get Baker which we're apparently hellbent on getting (to our disgust)

I don't know what getting the above achieves.
A lot of the scenarios people suggest on here are pointless

All in on this draft is fine with me.
Then try to nab Callaghan next off season.
If we get 3 players as good as Nas, Phillipou and Wilson this draft. We’ve got a core that could play together for 10 years.
Future first to anyone who has a pick 15-20 is fine with me provided it’s used on the ruckman Dodson, who’s had 30+ disposal/30+ hit outs games for Sturt U18s.

Clearly, Essendon still haven’t forgiven us for the 50 point belting we gave them

We literally have a better deal on offer for 9 do clubs really think Melbourne is going to implode next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back