List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Both fair points BUT... He is JUST 30 and theres no reason to think he cant play until hes 35. Hes a 3 time AA. This whole "hes fallen back in the pack" is a little overstated too. He played 19 games off an injury interrupted pre season, granted many of them were was a HF/2nd string Onballer but hes also contracted and the dogs dont have to do shit.

If were offering to take his full salary then a 3rd probably is but if the dogs would rather a second (or swap of seconds) and to wear some of his salary, well they hold the whip hand.

Sam Power stirkes me much more as the 80s power business man model who will play stupid games over it but he also can cause hes got the contracted player. Id rather it just got done so we dont wind up holding our dicks at the deadline
I think actually that it’s us who has the whip hand.
We can take him or leave him - as we have just demonstrated with Soldo.

We’d much rather pay the salary than give a better pick.
Also, a really bad look for the Dogs if they are not prepared to deal fairly with a long-standing player who has a desire to leave.

Power’s going to get a reputation like Dodoro who few clubs wanted to deal with.

Yep I would agree with that

I forgot to mention Pete Ryan from the Age is pretty reliable too
Yeah but he doesn’t really get involved in the day to day news. It’s more of a sophisticated type of journalism from him.

Not the Woj Bomb kind we are talking about.

Did I just hear right???
We traded Sinclair and Steelo????

Adam Cooney spitballing.

Trade Steele to GWS for 16.
Trade Sinclair to Carlton for 12.
Trade Clark to NM for 25
Trade F1 & F2 to GC for 13.

Saints end up with 7, 8, 12, 13, 16, 25, 27, 47.

Draft to win a flag in 2028.

Never mind that we would have destroyed the fabric of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think actually that it’s us who has the whip hand.
We can take him or leave him - as we have just demonstrated with Soldo.

We’d much rather pay the salary than give a better pick.
Also, a really bad look for the Dogs if they are not prepared to deal fairly with a long-standing player who has a desire to leave.

Power’s going to get a reputation like Dodoro who few clubs wanted to deal with.
We hold the whip hand, over a contracted player who hasnt indicated in any way that hed be pissed off to remain at the dogs?

Yeh, i cant see how that makes sense.

I dont think Sam Power is gonna do his reputation any favours if he doesnt get other deals done but this one seems very much like it could not get done by the deadline and nobody but us will care.

Whilst i agree on the posturing, were SORT of doing the same thing. I think Macrae is probably worth a bit more than 47 and a bit less than 27.

Its always seemed like well probably wind up doing a swap of seconds (Macrae and 35 for 27) so we could probably lead with that.

The stalemate right now is equally spread, if we offered the pick swap and they still pushed back then id say theyre being a pack of pricks (which Sam Power and the dogs in general do very much appear to be).
No way he’s worth more just walk away and throw the same pick at Kennedy.

Adam Cooney spitballing.

Trade Clark to NM for 25

And we’d end up with an age group cluster.

Adam Cooney spitballing.

Trade Clark to NM for 25

Imagine if Pies had done that with Sidebottom and Pendlebury

23 is well overs for Noble IMO.
1000000000%

GC contemplating using 6, 13 and 23 to get Noble and Rioli is ****ing insane, especially when Lombard likely doesnt get a bid until after 6.

6 should have never been discussed, 13 and some change for Rioli is suitable.

Noble if they wanna do Noble for 23 and some shit for Lombard back, full your boots.

Its gross negligence if they do whats being suggested nearly everywhere, frankly i cant believe its not getting more air time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon making out like bandits there.

One year on from Dodoro
Would you be excited with a draft hand consisting of once a Kako bid is matched:

32, 40, 46, 54

Because I wouldn’t. Those picks might come in 3-4 spots overall on draft night - after they slide out 4.

1000000000%

GC contemplating using 6, 13 and 23 to get Noble and Rioli is ****ing insane, especially when Lombard likely doesnt get a bid until after 6.

6 should have never been discussed, 13 and some change for Rioli is suitable.

Noble if they wanna do Noble for 23 and some shit for Lombard back, full your boots.

Its gross negligence if they do whats being suggested nearly everywhere, frankly i cant believe its not getting more air time.
The problem with the bidding system is that if they hold 6. They get a bid.

If they don’t. It slides out.

Would you be excited with a draft hand consisting of once a Kako bid is matched:

32, 40, 46, 54

Because I wouldn’t. Those picks might come in 3-4 spots overall on draft night - after they slide out 4.
It's a lot of capital to trade up after a Kako match though. Could easily see them pushing back into the 20's range via trade

So based on his interview Friday: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/no...e/news-story/d25f26f72561af437e0b76c5f177e0b0

- the suns have worked out 13 has more value then the pies offer.

• the suns don’t want to trade 23 to the pies
  • if they trade 23 then the pies don’t want to trade it to port

- meanwhile Houston hasn’t nominated the pies, so he can go to any club.

And the weekends reports are that the Suns and power are breaking off the 3 way and having missionary themselves to get JL to port.
Yep, so obviously the Pies have been told they need to add more to the deal, but Gold Coast haven't walked away from the trade.

No doubt Gold Coast are going back to Collingwood and showing what clubs are willing to offer for 13 which will help their cause.

32, 40, 46, 54

I'd be very happy with Melbourne's 2025 first round pick + Kako + those picks.

It's a lot of capital to trade up after a Kako match though. Could easily see them pushing back into the 20's range via trade
And the clubs that hold 20s picks need a reason to slide back aswell.

They would be better feeding their 2025.

Go full youth next season. Get a top 3 pick and trading like maniacs to feed the academy and father son clubs for first rounders

Both fair points BUT... He is JUST 30 and theres no reason to think he cant play until hes 35. Hes a 3 time AA. This whole "hes fallen back in the pack" is a little overstated too. He played 19 games off an injury interrupted pre season, granted many of them were was a HF/2nd string Onballer but hes also contracted and the dogs dont have to do shit.

If were offering to take his full salary then a 3rd probably is but if the dogs would rather a second (or swap of seconds) and to wear some of his salary, well they hold the whip hand.

Sam Power stirkes me much more as the 80s power business man model who will play stupid games over it but he also can cause hes got the contracted player. Id rather it just got done so we dont wind up holding our dicks at the deadline
The post 30 years can go downhill real fast.

TBH, I can't see him being one of those Pendles like freaks, especially in the physically demanding role he plays.

As many others have stated, happy to leave him at the kennel if they hold firm.

Would be happy to throw the challenge to Windy to become our #2 insider or spend the $800k on a prosthetic leg for Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back