List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Worth noting he went hands on after work commitments changed.

I find the constant defence of poor ceo footy gms list managers frustrating.

Finnis wasn't a good football club ceo.
Lethers wasn't either. Wasn't a good footy gm.
Trout was terrible. Libba worse. Toce although better still under whelming.
Rath horrible.

Gags and cox the worst appointments I've seen. Just terrible.

Hopefully we can do better moving forward.

Hopefully bassat can get some outcomes from the AFL.

Toce was a recruiter, as others left he rose through the ranks.
Maybe too much.

I'd love someone to ask the AFL either off the record or on it... if the high level of financial assistance we receive from the AFL means we have to take a "back seat" in other areas.

For example the fixture and draw. Which can make or break a clubs run at the top 4.

I'd even go as far as saying MRP and tribunal outcomes especially ones that are used to set the standard moving forward.

How about the evaluation on what is consider in cap and out of cap income for a player. For example if a club like Collingwood receives very little AFL assistance does it mean they have more wiggle room when it comes to what payments a player receives will be included in the cap?

The reason I ask is we have been pretty vocal about wanting to get off AFL financial help. Then you had clubs like dogs speaking very loudly about the need to get off it and when they did get off were not prepared to go back for help even during covid. The fear of going back on was strong for them. Have to wonder why that is.

Thoughts on having a sniff at the lad that lost us the Giants game earlier this year, James Peatling? Has been a good performer for the Giants but they've got so much midfield depth he keeps getting pushed out to VFL or sub. Well-rounded midfielder who can also play half forward and wing. Played 2 VFL games this year for 25 and 31 disposals, kicking 3 and 2 goals. Has 27 disposals at 3QT today in the VFL. Could possibly get him for a 3rd rounder or late second. 23 yrs old View attachment 2033569

Probably the right type.

I'd love someone to ask the AFL either off the record or on it... if the high level of financial assistance we receive from the AFL means we have to take a "back seat" in other areas.

For example the fixture and draw. Which can make or break a clubs run at the top 4.

I'd even go as far as saying MRP and tribunal outcomes especially ones that are used to set the standard moving forward.

How about the evaluation on what is consider in cap and out of cap income for a player. For example if a club like Collingwood receives very little AFL assistance does it mean they have more wiggle room when it comes to what payments a player receives will be included in the cap?

The reason I ask is we have been pretty vocal about wanting to get off AFL financial help. Then you had clubs like dogs speaking very loudly about the need to get off it and when they did get off were not prepared to go back for help even during covid. The fear of going back on was strong for them. Have to wonder why that is.
I think it’s the other way round. The AFL are only interested in maximising revenue for the AFL. Hence they give the big clubs (Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Carlton) prime time slots, and want them up the pointy end of the ladder.
They are happy to make an extra $100mill or two and then give us $20 mill out of that.
It would be easy to make us profitable. Give us two or three home games at the G against the big VIC clubs, our fair share of prime time, free to air slots, and home games against Victorian sides at Marvel. We’d make a profit overnight. The only problem is that it would cost the AFL dollars so they won’t do it.

The sooner we get off the bitch list the better.

lol exactly this, you'd think marshall wilkie and nas have all requested a trade.

the two candidates are battle and steele

love battle and would love to keep him but also another first rounder used on a mid would be a good/great return for our list

steele... tbh I've never been that big on steele, he's decent, don't think he's a great leader, quite one paced and not damaging enought to be a top line mid. In another era he'd be a 3rd or even 4th stringer in our midfield. If he goes he goes.

gresham I was happy to see go.

if we were to lose Nas, Chito, Windhager, Wilkie, Wilson... then I'd be worried
Had a day to think about this
What could a club offer/have that could let Jack S go?
He is 29 start of next year with three years to run.

Would have to be two first rounders but what club needs an inside mid and has picks that would work..?

The cats or Essendon don’t have the picks. If that cats gave this years first (pick 7) and next years first (pick 3) and stengle…they can have the man of steel

It would mean we are expecting big things from Arie and Howard.

Also- we'd be banking on wilkie staying fit and elite well into his 30s
Things can change quick

Bring in Nick Hayes for 12months
Offer Leek Aleer big money (Batte’s wage) for an end of 2025 move.

Battle’s wage goes to Leek and we get pick 6. Being we will probably come bottom 6 again next year Leek will be an easy get being out of contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on having a sniff at the lad that lost us the Giants game earlier this year, James Peatling? Has been a good performer for the Giants but they've got so much midfield depth he keeps getting pushed out to VFL or sub. Well-rounded midfielder who can also play half forward and wing. Played 2 VFL games this year for 25 and 31 disposals, kicking 3 and 2 goals. Has 27 disposals at 3QT today in the VFL. Could possibly get him for a 3rd rounder or late second. 23 yrs old View attachment 2033569
Devon Robertson as well

We were closing in on a six year deal round 2, until the news any player is signed, they are in play.

Also there will be players we are looking at that haven't even been discussed, we miss Stengle but convince Liam Baker to stay in Melbourne for example.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Once bitten, twice shy!
No more small forwards or half back flankers, need mids and more mids.
No doubt we’ll nab 2 at the draft. Time to develop them!

We do struggle getting FA across the line. We’re like the kid at school who gets picked last for the Newcombe team because we’re geeks

No doubt we’ll nab 2 at the draft. Time to develop them!

We do struggle getting FA across the line
. We’re like the kid at school who gets picked last for the Newcombe team because we’re geeks
Yes, that was the excuse given for the Hannebery debacle and for overpaying for Hill.

Sort of like not having picked up any of the pretty girls at the dance we go to the knock shop and pick up the 49 year old madam (at an inflated rate) rather than go home alone.

They all were head recruiters at some point bar gags. All were terrible.

That's not correct.
I don't think Gallagher was ever a recruiter.
Ive got it all worked out on a spread sheet at work.

To Toce's credit, he was a part time recruiter for Collingwood, Saints gave him a full time role as a state recruiter, and he gradually worked his way up.
At least it wasn't just a job for a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back