List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They tried. They failed. I don’t blame them. But we need to go the youth approach in it’s entirety this off season.

It would be rather hard to attract players. Who would want to come to a club where you kick 10 goals a game in front of stuff all off broadway?

What's our point of difference? Playing a good brand of footy? Playing finals? Playing infront of large crowds in primetime?

Last edited:

Yeah that’s the one.

All the shit flying around Battle Marshall King.

Jack is the one I’ve been told to keep an eye on.
I’d trade them all now.
King to Melbourne for this years first and their first next year.

Marshall to Geelong for 2025 and 2026 firsts
Let battle go for pick 5 or 6 this year.
Steele for a future 1st 2025 or 2026. I’m not sure we get that value but that many picks across multiple drafts offers hope and a distinct plan that you can live with as a fan.

Make Wanganeen-Milera captain

Hill, Wood, Wilkie leadership group.

I’d trade them all now.

Steele for a future 1st 2025 or 2026. I’m not sure we get that value but that many picks across multiple drafts offers hope and a distinct plan that you can live with as a fan.

That would be 2-3 years of the number 1 pick.

You can’t just trade them all 😂

Ross was literally hired because the standards of our playing list were absolutely Sh**house.

How else can a club have so many early picks across a 15 year period and still not amount to anything? Sure, maybe some of the picks were duds. But maybe the culture and development of the club allowed them to be duds.

We had guys walking in from the draft and getting gifted games off the bat. Their senior leader was Jarryn Geary, no disrespect to Gears but he's up there as one of the least talented captains in history. Hardworker maybe, but not one the younger guys really seemed to resepct.

If a player doesn't appreciate some honesty coming from Ross and they get upset and want out, I'll drive them to the bus stop.

We have been in nearly every game we've played this year. People can complain about the gameplan all they want. But teams struggle to score against us. We can score fine, we just have guys that F it up over and over. Whether it's a shank coming out of D50, spraying set shots or not making the distance off a 20m snap. That's not on Ross, that's not in the game plan.

We literally have a bottom 4 midfield in the league. It's farking atrocious what we dish up in there. Rozee, Butters and JHF all had good games and yet we only lost by 2 points.

This ship is going to turn quickly when we actually add 2-3 mids to our core of 25 and unders.

Anyone that wants to trade Max can get in on the lift to the bus stop btw. Are his leading patterns terrible? Absolutely but they weren't when he started, he use to charge at the ball, but I tell ya what, 5 years of charging at Seb Ross breaking free of congestion and then missing you by 20m would just about do my head in as well.

The kids had an ACL, 2 shoulder recos and an ankle and knee issue.

Dougal ****ed one of those shoulders by being an absolute clown at training. Bonner nearly gave him a second ACL the other week when he couldnt hit a 40m pass to him going back to goal.

Does he need to work harder and lead better? Yes. Is it going to be easier to lead and get the ball if our mids aren't Clark, Ross and co? Yes.

Finally, anyone complaining about Basset can also get in on the lift to the bus stop. We've had nothing but Humphrey B Bear inspired presidents for years. We've actually finally got one that ONLY cares about improving the club and the eveness of the comp (which directly relates to improving the club) and people are sooking about it.

WTH would anyone want the draft the way that it is? The guy isn't even calling to scrap the acadamies, he's just sick and tired of watching other teams get a Daicos, Darcy, insert any good GC player here for a bunch of picks in the 40's and 50's - it's a farking joke.

We should have that young bloke from Hawthorn as an NGA, but they changed the rules, the same rules that got the Dogs Jamara a couple of years before.

I am an unapologetic Ross man. If we actually let him set standards and make the boys become men, we will have a 5-6 year window to get the flag.

But if we keep pissing and moaning about a game plan or letting the media get away with their agendas we'll be back to being a complete joke for the next 30 years.

very interesting...

he's at his lowest value in a long time. lock him in IMO. best chance of getting a bargain. he's got the talent. its up to him and the club to get the best out of him.

i do worry about his development. somethings massively off this season. if it happens again next year, i'd be more inclined to points the finger at the senior coaching than the player IMO.

Good ... just needs to keep working hard

He is in a slump but he has the talent to rise above .... keep putting in the hard yards off the field and things will turn for him

I would still try to look at getting Ben out of Gold Coast at the end of 2026 .... if the Gold Coast still haven't made Finals by then the lure of playing alongside his brother may just be too strong

Ross was literally hired because the standards of our playing list were absolutely Sh**house.

How else can a club have so many early picks across a 15 year period and still not amount to anything? Sure, maybe some of the picks were duds. But maybe the culture and development of the club allowed them to be duds.

We had guys walking in from the draft and getting gifted games off the bat. Their senior leader was Jarryn Geary, no disrespect to Gears but he's up there as one of the least talented captains in history. Hardworker maybe, but not one the younger guys really seemed to resepct.

If a player doesn't appreciate some honesty coming from Ross and they get upset and want out, I'll drive them to the bus stop.

We have been in nearly every game we've played this year. People can complain about the gameplan all they want. But teams struggle to score against us. We can score fine, we just have guys that F it up over and over. Whether it's a shank coming out of D50, spraying set shots or not making the distance off a 20m snap. That's not on Ross, that's not in the game plan.

We literally have a bottom 4 midfield in the league. It's farking atrocious what we dish up in there. Rozee, Butters and JHF all had good games and yet we only lost by 2 points.

This ship is going to turn quickly when we actually add 2-3 mids to our core of 25 and unders.

Anyone that wants to trade Max can get in on the lift to the bus stop btw. Are his leading patterns terrible? Absolutely but they weren't when he started, he use to charge at the ball, but I tell ya what, 5 years of charging at Seb Ross breaking free of congestion and then missing you by 20m would just about do my head in as well.

Dougal ****ed one of those shoulders by being an absolute clown at training. Bonner nearly gave him a second ACL the other week when he couldnt hit a 40m pass to him going back to goal.

Does he need to work harder and lead better? Yes. Is it going to be easier to lead and get the ball if our mids aren't Clark, Ross and co? Yes.

Finally, anyone complaining about Basset can also get in on the lift to the bus stop. We've had nothing but Humphrey B Bear inspired presidents for years. We've actually finally got one that ONLY cares about improving the club and the eveness of the comp (which directly relates to improving the club) and people are sooking about it.

WTH would anyone want the draft the way that it is? The guy isn't even calling to scrap the acadamies, he's just sick and tired of watching other teams get a Daicos, Darcy, insert any good GC player here for a bunch of picks in the 40's and 50's - it's a farking joke.

We should have that young bloke from Hawthorn as an NGA, but they changed the rules, the same rules that got the Dogs Jamara a couple of years before.

I am an unapologetic Ross man. If we actually let him set standards and make the boys become men, we will have a 5-6 year window to get the flag.

But if we keep pissing and moaning about a game plan or letting the media get away with their agendas we'll be back to being a complete joke for the next 30 years.
I agree with most of this. At last some people driving the bus with some long term vision and uncompromising standards. I’m not though totally convinced that RTB is the man who can take us all the way and don’t agree that “we can score fine”. We’re 15th for points scored yet fifth best for points against. That’s pretty par for the course for Ross throughout his coaching career and has been a knock on him for a long time. Great at coaching defence but no one is winning a flag kicking 10 goals a game.

Is there a time line on this war chest we have?
If we can’t attract good players with our ‘war chest’ then this new idea of buying draft picks could be a goer. Stops us overpaying GOP’s and gets more draft capital in the door. The fact that this guy turned down an offer a million over the odds just adds to the list of players that have refused us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think max is a complete dud, he will probably come good, I just think if we could turn him into two high first round picks and then use them on mids it would be a net benefit. For example, Nas alone has already won more games for us than king, and he's a HBF. Windhager has probably had more say on outcomes than king purely tagging. I don't think King is going to be the difference maker until we get a good engine. Could be worth hanging onto him but if the right trade is there, the right players in the draft, just do it.. I like him but he's not riewoldt, he's not the kind of player that wills himself onto the contest.

That being said, if we play him at CHF or ruck/forward, everything could change

I don't think max is a complete dud, he will probably come good, I just think if we could turn him into two high first round picks and then use them on mids it would be a net benefit. For example, Nas alone has already won more games for us than king, and he's a HBF. Windhager has probably had more say on outcomes than king purely tagging. I don't think King is going to be the difference maker until we get a good engine. Could be worth hanging onto him but if the right trade is there, the right players in the draft, just do it.. I like him but he's not riewoldt, he's not the kind of player that wills himself onto the contest.

That being said, if we play him at CHF or ruck/forward, everything could change
And we could draft the wrong mids and be totally fkd ... or have to wait 6 to 8 years before they fully make good on their potential and even then there is no guarentee .... How's North going currently with all their top 5 draft picks and handouts?

And we could draft the wrong mids and be totally fkd ... or have to wait 6 to 8 years before they fully make good on their potential and even then there is no guarentee .... How's North going currently with all their top 5 draft picks and handouts?
of course we could, but it's about trading what we've got for what we need

anyway im glad we played him in the ruck, I'd love to see him up the ground more, he's an actual good all round footballer and he's languishing at FF in this current side. Ruck/CHF please. Great field kick too

of course we could, but it's about trading what we've got for what we need

anyway im glad we played him in the ruck, I'd love to see him up the ground more, he's an actual good all round footballer and he's languishing at FF in this current side. Ruck/CHF please. Great field kick too
Agree the coaching staff need to get more creative and help him break the shackles .... but independently King also needs to personally knuckle down and find his own way to break the shackles ... because he will still find himself playing forward moreso than in the ruck .... for me .... I am not sure he is as fit as he can be ... hit the gym and work harder on his endurance/running

He needs to put in a massive off season

I’d trade them all now.

Wow

I agree with most of this. At last some people driving the bus with some long term vision and uncompromising standards. I’m not though totally convinced that RTB is the man who can take us all the way and don’t agree that “we can score fine”. We’re 15th for points scored yet fifth best for points against. That’s pretty par for the course for Ross throughout his coaching career and has been a knock on him for a long time. Great at coaching defence but no one is winning a flag kicking 10 goals a game.
This may be so but we've been a side with no backbone for a generation and building that is bloody hard work. They're drafting their arse off and taking the heat for losses whilst installing fight in those that can hack it. The piont being it puts us in with a shot one day and it's now or never with Tassie on the horizon.
We've had too many false dawns in the last decade. Supporters need to buckle in, or piss off and come back when things turn around.

Can we just copy and paste this post, then use it when some of the dickheads on here sound like lunatics.

I appreciate the time you put into this.
Well said

Well done to saints for getting in front foot with this. No doubt it was leaked by the club to the media

We are run well off the field.

I would sign him for 7 years announce it Friday.View attachment 2036180
Good from the club. Standing by our man and telling people not to listen to the noise the media is trying to make.

It's a slump. He will get through it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back