List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is though it is not just Battle v Pick 6 in the value equation.

It is:

Pick 6 - Battle = Could be better or worse off. Though we may improve our inside midfield

Or potentially say

Stengle + Battle - one list spot for another player = Would be much more likely to better off. Though we have not improved our inside midfield

lol exactly this, you'd think marshall wilkie and nas have all requested a trade.

the two candidates are battle and steele

love battle and would love to keep him but also another first rounder used on a mid would be a good/great return for our list

steele... tbh I've never been that big on steele, he's decent, don't think he's a great leader, quite one paced and not damaging enought to be a top line mid. In another era he'd be a 3rd or even 4th stringer in our midfield. If he goes he goes.

gresham I was happy to see go.

if we were to lose Nas, Chito, Windhager, Wilkie, Wilson... then I'd be worried
+1

Replacing a range of GOPs with GOPs using high picks got us here. Poor drafting got us here. We were promised a whole lot of positives when Lyon came in. None involved trading our good players and dropping down the ladder for a sustained period.

Exactly, so we need to go back to basics with drafting and recruiting in some proper talent where the core of our list and its profile will bring success. This includes having some faith in the current setup and footy department to develop results over time - I get that’s hard but by your account, the issues your highlighting don’t get resolved over night, it takes time.

And, how are dropping down the ladder for a sustained period? I’m going to go off actuals and facts, we played finals less than 12 months ago.

And the Dougal haters are silent

That's just the sound of no-one caring about dougal's meteoric rise from "absolute liability"... to the dizzying heights of "better than Zaine Cordy"

who cares big deal GIF by Togetherness

So including the recent drafts you’re still at less than 50%, even with impossible hindsight drafting.

Case closed.

I’ll take the 25YO player who is 95% chance to play 200 games and be around when our young guys are peaking.
if battle was a midfielder this argument would make sense, but he's not. We need mids, our backline is still solid sans battle

What is this pick 6?

We currently have pick 4, are two games and % down, a stretch to think we will get to pick 5.
So if we got band 1 we will likely have 4 and 5.

Can we have 25 years of pick 5's please?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The great thing about pick 6 would be the ability to potentially draft someone as good as Battle.

Maybe we'd not let that pick 6 become an unrestricted free agent too?

No-one is trying to ditch battle for magic beans.
Incompetent list management has put us in an idiotic situation where a young, key part of our best 22 can walk if he wants.

Maybe we'd not let that pick 6 become an unrestricted free agent too?

No-one is trying to ditch battle for magic beans.
Incompetent list management has put us in an idiotic situation where a young, key part of our best 22 can walk if he wants.
nearly everyone hits free agency at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda Saints
Southampton Saints
New Orleans Saints
Chicago Bulls (RW&B)
Chicago Cubs .... met a few Cubs players in a bar when in Chicago 30 years ago
Washington Caps .... first bar I went to in US was owned by an ex-Caps player ... pretty drunk afternoon

Last edited:
Re rumor about disgruntled players .... well its sounds like .... a made up rumor

Marshall the only one named and he debunked it immediately

Outspoken GT said he heard something but his sources couldn't tell him who because I am guessing they don't know and assuming that their sources didn't know who either ... and so on and so on

Fk me ... made up chinese whispers out of control

Loved how Lyon cut down Cleary & Morris ....gutter journos

What is this pick 6?

We currently have pick 4, are two games and % down, a stretch to think we will get to pick 5.
So if we got band 1 we will likely have 4 and 5.

Perhaps too many reds tonight are affecting your ability to either see, or to count perhaps? I am only just on my first now, so I might have the advantage.... ;)

1719582559733.png

Ladder predictors seem to have us finishing 14th as well at the end of the H&A.

15th is the lowest we go.

13th would require someone above us to crash and burn, and for us to have an ok run.

Last edited:
Re rumor about disgruntled players .... well its sounds like .... a made up rumor

Marshall the only one named and he debunked it immediately

Outspoken GT said he heard something but his sources couldn't tell him who because I am guessing they don't know and assuming that their sources didn't know who either ... and so on and so on

Fk me ... made up chinese whispers out of control

Loved how Lyon cut down Cleary & Morris ....gutter journos

Cooney just said Saints will be starting 2025 without Marshall and Battle, i'm guessing he's just repeating outdated news.

GWS have lost heaps. Gold Coast need to hold together their list and don’t need picks so I reckon it’s designed to save them. Sydney about to need relief too.
GWS had more 1st round picks coming in than players leaving, they have so much talent on the list they can burn first-round picks to target specific players and it doesn't affect their future like it would us.

Suns were given multiple 1st rnd draft picks and an academy region removed from 1 club and given to them, for simply not making finals

things may be the same but they are far from equal
Doing well with his defensive craft too. Currently sitting equal 3rd for the best 1-on-1 contests loss percentage. Some good company on that list.

And the Dougal haters are silent
While not a Dougal hater, the thing that has so many blase about him is his ability, or lack of it, to be useful when we have the ball, which is what many of the other around him can do

As a restricted FA.

We let battle get UFA status because our previous list manager was quite the amateur.

The only way we could have "made him" restricted would have been to pay him amongst the top 25% in our team.
They were probably trying to keep a lid on contracts then.

Everyone is entitled to barrack for at least one:

• overdog
  • villain

Otherwise I still have the Saints, the LV Raiders and the Phoenix Suns.

Saints, Vikings & Suns for me. Trust me to end up following the most winningest franchises in the NFL & NBA without a Super Bowl/Championship.

Not to mention Fulham

I'm not in favour of trading out heart and soul players like Battle and Marshall, we tried that with McEvoy and that didn't end well.

St Kilda Saints
Southampton Saints
New Orleans Saints
Chicago Bulls (RW&B)
Chicago Cubs .... met a few Cubs players in a bar when in Chicago 30 years ago
Washington Caps .... first bar I went to in US was owned by an ex-Caps player ... pretty drunk afternoon

My old high school wore St Kilda jumpers when we played interschool footy and has since folded due to lack of student numbers.

It also opened in 1966.

I think we should have offered McCluggage more, exactly the player we need, has been enormous in Brisbanes recovery those last few weeks

I think we should have offered McCluggage more, exactly the player we need, has been enormous in Brisbanes recovery those last few weeks

He is more of an outside midfielder though like Hill and Henry, we need more inside midfielders like Lachie Neale, Dunkley or LDU.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back