List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure just another case of a player manager using the Saints to leverage a better deal. Just like De Goey did.
That’s why I never get excited over the talk until/if it happens.
That’s a helluva lot of money for a Stengel. Not unhappy we missed out - if we were ever seriously in the frame.

I reckon he was cheap for a young AA premiership small forward who is exactly the type of player we need. If those types come up you go for them. Wage only momentum building signings are worth more than paying a few kids an extra $50k each per year. You can always find that bit of extra cash somewhere.

I reckon he was cheap for a young AA premiership small forward who is exactly the type of player we need. If those types come up you go for them. Wage only momentum building signings are worth more than paying a few kids an extra $50k each per year. You can always find that bit of extra cash somewhere.
Point is, it’s all a tease.
Managers use the Saints, who they know are desperate for good players to drive a hard bargain with their current team. I am 99% sure it was ever going to happen.
I mean De Goey leaving Collingwood? Was never going to happen.

We are the perfect club to use as a stooge. The only good thing, maybe, is that it pushes the salary cap of the other club a bit. But even that is doubtful. A smart club would have factored that in with a FA.

The only ones we get are the washed up ones like Hanners whose clubs are happy for them to go to free up a list spot.

It’s all pretty demoralising tbh. The fact that we actually have to even consider losing Battle to try and improve our draft haul is just nuts. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Hope Bassat goes even harder at the boys club of the AFL . It should never have been able to go as long as it has with the inequities of the comp.

Not holding my breath. I agree with Joffaboy we’re just here to make up the numbers.

Last edited:

Point is, it’s all a tease.
Managers use the Saints, who they know are desperate for good players to drive a hard bargain with their current team. I am 99% doubtful it was ever going to happen.
I mean De Goey leaving Collingwood? Was never going to happen.

We are the perfect club to use as a stooge. The only good thing, maybe, is that it pushes the salary cap of the other club a bit. But even that is doubtful. A smart club would have factored that in with a FA.

Maybe but I think we have form getting scared off when the money gets high and chicken out a bit. Weirdly Hill and Hanners were the exception but when really high end players are available we seem to get gun shy. We are probably in the right area of the build to start looking at chasing a few elite talents as long as they are mid 20s.

Dumb and dumber (Cleary and McClure) saying we are going hard after Brayshaw and saying how good a relationship he has with Ross.

Spend the rest of the podcast talking about how shit we are

Brayshaw would be a good target. He’s not elite but he’s a young a grade mid. If he wants in you’d try to get him.

Maybe but I think we have form getting scared off when the money gets high and chicken out a bit. Weirdly Hill and Hanners were the exception but when really high end players are available we seem to get gun shy. We are probably in the right area of the build to start looking at chasing a few elite talents as long as they are mid 20s.
I’m not sure about chickening out - we did offer a very good deal to Stengel.

A good target is one you can actually hit. Otherwise it is just a wet dream.

True but there has been rumours about him coming to Vic for a while. The worst part is dealing with Freo. We’d come home naked with half our list and 13 first round picks gone.

True but there has been rumours about him coming to Vic for a while. The worst part is dealing with Freo. We’d come home naked with half our list and 13 first round picks gone.
Not necessarily.

He would be a restricted free agent.

They have to be willing to match and pay whatever we offer.

They have a plethora of players and are chasing a few aswell - which makes that very hard

Can't see any way around, this off-season, Freo asking for Collard to be included in the deal.

Not necessarily.

He would be a restricted free agent.

They have to be willing to match and pay whatever we offer.

They have a plethora of players and are chasing a few aswell - which makes that very hard

So we are talking end of next season? I thought they might pre agent him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumb and dumber (Cleary and McClure) saying we are going hard after Brayshaw and saying how good a relationship he has with Ross.

if they somehow succeed in getting Warner i could see this being some chance,not hanging my hat on the RTB relationship bit so much,thats a throwaway bullshit line im tired of hearing about all over the afl,but bonus if thats true

but if they get warner & with darcy and jackson surely already on good money,serong and brayshaw will surely be wanting a piece of it,how many can they pay huge?

of those last two brayshaw would be the more expendable

but cant see it if warner doesnt move & think thats unlikely

if they somehow succeed in getting Warner i could see this being some chance,not hanging my hat on the RTB relationship bit so much,thats a throwaway bullshit line im tired of hearing about all over the afl,but bonus if thats true

but if they get warner & with darcy and jackson surely already on good money,serong and brayshaw will surely be wanting a piece of it,how many can they pay huge?

of those last two brayshaw would be the more expendable

but cant see it if warner doesnt move & think thats unlikely
Not sure if this is looking to far into it but his brother is married to Danny Frawley daughter. Maybe that might be something that could help it out.

The reality is they are right - we are shit and the entire club are playing without any purpose, passion or desire.

Brayshaw would be a good target. He’s not elite but he’s a young a grade mid. If he wants in you’d try to get him.
He’s exactly the type of player we should be after, great player with the character and work ethic we need. Draft a jagga smith and add someone like a McRae on the cheap. All of a sudden things look a hell of a lot brighter.

I remember those two waxing lyrical about how brilliantly Lyon was coaching last year and how our list was a finals list.

The views of these types aren’t worth anything. They represent the overwhelming majority of the media. Everything is judged in the NOW and everything is supposed to be linear.

The good thing about these podcasts is that they are time capsules, always there for posterity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back