List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The reality is they are right - we are shit and the entire club are playing without any purpose, passion or desire.
You say that here and on the injury thread you want to trade one of our better players in Max King.
The problem with posting conflicting opinions in the space of 5 minutes is that it looks like it hasn't been thought through.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be the opposite, Ross might have offered, but Battle doesn't want to owe him anything, so its like " I don't wan't your steenking Cappuccino money ".
What is Garcia his spokesperson?

You say that here and on the injury thread you want to trade one of our better players in Max King.
The problem with posting conflicting opinions in the space of 5 minutes is that it looks like it hasn't been thought through.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Playing Max strongly contributed to how shit we were. None of us knew he was injured, but that highlights the issues of how incompetent the decision making has been at the club this year. The fact that he is injured AGAIN actually supports the fact that he should be traded, he doesnt have the body to cope with the rigours of the game. He is one of our highest paid players yet how many games he missed through injury in his 5 years at the club. People were jumping over themselves critcising the club for signing Hannebury or giving Jones another year when their position is no real difference to King.

Playing Max strongly contributed to how shit we were. None of us knew he was injured, but that highlights the issues of how incompetent the decision making has been at the club this year. The fact that he is injured AGAIN actually supports the fact that he should be traded, he doesnt have the body to cope with the rigours of the game. He is one of our highest paid players yet how many games he missed through injury in his 5 years at the club. People were jumping over themselves critcising the club for signing Hannebury or giving Jones another year when their position is no real difference to King.
He should not be traded. It would be absolute insanity to trade King.

What the **** are you on about. Hes had a bunch of impact injuries, this doesn't translate into him having a weak body. Youre grasping at straws trying to prove a point that isnt close to rational.

What the **** are you on about. Hes had a bunch of impact injuries, this doesn't translate into him having a weak body. Youre grasping at straws trying to prove a point that isnt close to rational.

My god if you cant see that he looks like he is stuck together with crepe paper, there is not much hope is there?

In his 5 years at the club he has had an ACL, two shoulder reco's, a PCL reconstruction, plus other ancillary injuries. He simply doesnt have the physique for the game but its only my opinion.

I see him very similar to Daniher. He was fragile early on as well. Both tall skinny kids. If he doesn't come on were are ****ed anyway and if we lose him we are probably not starting to move forward until guys like Owens and Windhager hit 27 or 28. Most will leave if we set the time line too far out.

Is Keeler ready for the seniors?

Right now the question for me is more, will playing him some games in the seniors help to develop him?

I would tend to believe it would. We are not making finals now, so nothing to lose.

Unless the list management team have drawn a line through a player (ie Maybe say Allison or Hotton) I would now like to see an extra young player or two each week given a game to help develop them, and so everyone can gain a better idea of how far off the pace, or not, they are. The player, the list management team.....and yes us too the fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a total hypothetical, HOWEVER

The club has said that we would look to target players who originally hail from the bayside area AND we are obviously in need of midfielders.

Andy Brayshaw is out of contract at the end of 2025. Sandy Dragons boy.

Luke Davies-Uniacke is also out of contract at the end of 2025. Dandy Stringrays boy from Rye.

Bailey Smith out of contract at the end of this season. Sandy Dragons boy.

LDU and Brayshaw both went to Haileybury (year above Max)

Brayshaw and Smith both played with Max at Sandy Dragons.

Brayshaw recently got engaged, not sure if his partner is from Melbourne but I think she is. Has the strong ties to Ross.

Brayshaw would be on plenty at Freo, BUT Darcy and Jackson are both $1m+ a year, Serong is going to demand similar, so maybe he could earn more to come back home and play under Ross again.

Freo are also linked to Bolton ($1m a year) and Baker from Richmond.

We've hardly heard a peep out of Gubby and Sos (ignore recent issues) but I can't imagine that two wiley vets like them AREN'T in the weeds doing the lords work and trying to pull out a miracle.

If we can land 2 out of these 3 we are instantly on the march and pretty dangerous. Our midfield is atrocious. Our delivery into the 50 is horrible. Our backline is elite and our forward line has endless potential.

You add 2 of these players to our midfield and the windows wide open.

If Battle leaves (which is looking likely) we will have 2 top 5 picks, plus a future we can trade if needed and all the money in the world to spend.

Battle taking the bag at Hawthorn will also potentially limit what they can offer Smith.

Completely hypothetical and probably unrealistic, but damn it would be nice

Someone from Adelaide mentioned that it’s abit of a fish bowl over there and plenty people have said Pou wants to go home

Another said they have a “very good source” that Max will get traded to try and get in more mids
Why would we trade our key tall forward to get midfielders who now will have no one to kick the ball to :tearsofjoy:

Someone from Adelaide mentioned that it’s abit of a fish bowl over there and plenty people have said Pou wants to go home

Another said they have a “very good source” that Max will get traded to try and get in more mids
We wonder why the mental health of players is getting worse when the media open up a platform for people to ring in and share stories as if they were facts.

Dumb and dumber (Cleary and McClure) saying we are going hard after Brayshaw and saying how good a relationship he has with Ross.

Spend the rest of the podcast talking about how shit we are

so they've confirmed LDU aint happening.

we always get linked to a new player when the others fall through.

so they've confirmed LDU aint happening.

we always get linked to a new player when the others fall through.
They said it’s not impossible he still leaves - gave examples of players who have done similar.

But yeah I think he stays at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back