List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any actual thought that he might be looking at leaving in the future?
I was told and have shared already Adelaide asked last year

Don’t think he wants to leave. Hadn’t heard anything about this when I got my big update - that I shared a month ago on here.

Would be selling him at his lowest value and we would need any deal to start with Adelaide’s first this year

Someone from Adelaide mentioned that it’s abit of a fish bowl over there and plenty people have said Pou wants to go home

Another said they have a “very good source” that Max will get traded to try and get in more mids
There’s always been this chat about him going back to SA but it seems to have ramped up on the back of him playing in the VFL and especially a few days after his best performance. Sounds like wishful thinking. He just re-signed.

I was told and have shared already Adelaide asked last year

Don’t think he wants to leave. Hadn’t heard anything about this when I got my big update - that I shared a month ago on here.

Would be selling him at his lowest value and we would need any deal to start with Adelaide’s first this year
The best thing we could've done we did.

Letting him go down to the VFL to play bulk midfield minutes without the pressure and just letting him get adjusted and feel confident in his game.

Reckon his biggest enemy is himself because he seems to want it so badly, but that will also be his biggest weapon, because when he matures and it turns around and he starts tearing some games apart, he'll just have an unbeatable self belief and drive

Hope Gubby and SOS can pull a rabbit out of the hat. I hate all the chat around Saints being a basketcase/managers wouldn't encourage their players to come here.

Winning a grand final is farking tough. Most will never do it.

But being part of the squad that wins one for St.Kilda would literally make you a living legend until the day you leave this earth.

It's the biggest challenge almost in world sport but god damn, if you're part of the crew to pull it off, you'll never pay for a thing again

Letting him go down to the VFL to play bulk midfield minutes without the pressure and just letting him get adjusted and feel confident in his game.

Reckon his biggest enemy is himself because he seems to want it so badly, but that will also be his biggest weapon, because when he matures and it turns around and he starts tearing some games apart, he'll just have an unbeatable self belief and drive
Agreed.

I’m not overly concerned as his VFL form has been building and it culminated into a BOG performance on Sunday.

Clearly it’s a mental issue. Kid was second guessing himself. Misjudging his marking attempts etc.

Agreed.

I’m not overly concerned as his VFL form has been building and it culminated into a BOG performance on Sunday.

Clearly it’s a mental issue. Kid was second guessing himself. Misjudging his marking attempts etc.
I know it's been said about him before but fingers crossed he can become our own version of a Pendles/Bont because my god do we need one

I know it's been said about him before but fingers crossed he can become our own version of a Pendles/Bont because my god do we need one
Nothing like Pendles. You can see some Bont in him.

I think we need to settle his role down.

HFF with bursts in the midfield that we increase gradually until it hits majority of his time.

Agreed.

Youngest player in his draft class as well from memory, was only a handful of days away from having to wait for the next draft

Hypothetically how much cash do we have to spend and how much does it increase if guys like Seb and Membrey get moved on?

Have we had any looks at Zurhaar? Doesn't look like he has any interest in signing on with North. 26 year old who can slot goals, take attention off Max and take bursts through the middle?

If we have so much cash to spend why not just try and add blokes who can make us better all across the ground?

Hypothetically how much cash do we have to spend and how much does it increase if guys like Seb and Membrey get moved on?

Have we had any looks at Zurhaar? Doesn't look like he has any interest in signing on with North. 26 year old who can slot goals, take attention off Max and take bursts through the middle?

If we have so much cash to spend why not just try and add blokes who can make us better all across the ground?
Plenty. It’s not a case of how much. We have a stupid amount of cap flexibility. We can make anything work.

We just can’t seem to land the whales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is free agent. It would wipe out the battle compensation

Correct. Some supporters on here complain bitterly (sometimes with justification) that we don't properly develop players correctly.
Anyone could see Pou was going backwards in the seniors and his confidence was draining out of him.
I have heard that he accepted and was happy to go to the VFL to get some midfield time and build his confidence. I think he has his head screwed on and is not as arrogant as people make out.

However these same posters and others will say he want s out, he is not happy because he was dropped and wants to go home.

We either develop kids or we are destroying them in the VFL while developing them? It is a weird juxtaposition.

For the record, I'm an avowed "we have been poor at development" person, and it appears we have done the right thing with Pou. I think he's ready to come back in. Being poor at something shouldn't be permanent. Hopefully we are starting to see some signs of improvement overall in our development.

Playing Max strongly contributed to how shit we were. None of us knew he was injured, but that highlights the issues of how incompetent the decision making has been at the club this year. The fact that he is injured AGAIN actually supports the fact that he should be traded, he doesnt have the body to cope with the rigours of the game. He is one of our highest paid players yet how many games he missed through injury in his 5 years at the club. People were jumping over themselves critcising the club for signing Hannebury or giving Jones another year when their position is no real difference to King.

I have posted consistently over the past month that Max is playing hurt.

Trading a super talented key forward because he’s had a run of impact injuries is close to the dumbest thing I have read on here.

Hang on, comparing a 23 year old key forward with no history of soft tissue injuries to two blokes at the end of their career with calves of a 45 year old may just be a new podium leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, I'm an avowed "we have been poor at development" person, and it appears we have done the right thing with Pou.

It would have been more right if we had of done the right thing by him last season by giving him a solid run as a mid at Sandy back then.

I would tend to believe that he would have been better this season if we had of. Just letting him float around HFF competing with the reast of our top heavy forward line did neither him, or this development, much good.

Correct. Some supporters on here complain bitterly (sometimes with justification) that we don't properly develop players correctly.
Anyone could see Pou was going backwards in the seniors and his confidence was draining out of him.
I have heard that he accepted and was happy to go to the VFL to get some midfield time and build his confidence. I think he has his head screwed on and is not as arrogant as people make out.

However these same posters and others will say he want s out, he is not happy because he was dropped and wants to go home.

We either develop kids or we are destroying them in the VFL while developing them? It is a weird juxtaposition.

WTF are you on about? Who said it's because he played VFL? If he wants out to go back to SA it's because he wants to go home most likely. You are raging at an invisible enemy Chief.

I have posted consistently over the past month that Max is playing hurt.

Trading a super talented key forward because he’s had a run of impact injuries is close to the dumbest thing I have read on here.

Hang on, comparing a 23 year old key forward with no history of soft tissue injuries to two blokes at the end of their career with calves of a 45 year old may just be a new podium leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are knee and shoulder injuries impact injuries? We shouldn't trade him but his body has been fragile to this point. So was Curnow and Daniher so it doesn't mean much, I think he's a bit injury prone though.

Bucket load of experts here in developing young talent,

The point is we are not developing our young talent well enough.

hope the club reads the forum for advise

Hopefully not.

However you can see our development is not good enough in this by just comparing us and other clubs. So IMO there is no doubt that poor player development is one of our core problems.

In recent years there as been a lot of change in this with new staff secured. But yet as an example our player skills remain poor. You only need watch the games of other clubs playing.

Sandringham also remains poor.

So whatever is being done, it simply is not being done well enough.

WTF are you on about? Who said it's because he played VFL? If he wants out to go back to SA it's because he wants to go home most likely. You are raging at an invisible enemy Chief.
Why do you always think my posts are aimed at you?
I can't recall you ever saying to trade Pou. Yes you have said our development hasn't been great in the past, nothing wrong with that.
Maybe your football reading is limited to this forum, but on heaps of social media I hear we are shit, we wreck players, we don't develop, then I hear, trade King, or Pou wants to go home because he is being developed in the VFL.
Maybe curb your insecurities for a change and not automatically get triggered because someone posted something that doesn't fit in with your world view or even your experience.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back