List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow thats working I have never seen so many players become so out of form running around in the same team. All Lyon is trying to do is WIN games at all costs and he is not doing a very good job at that.

Battle in the middle
Henry in the middle
Owens in the middle
Matteas in the middle
Battle up front
Sharman down back
Marshall up front with TC rucking
Hammer down back
Wood up front
Stocker in the middle
Max deep
Garcia crumbing forward
Ross up forward

Just some moves the coaches gave tried off the top of my head. Some worked, others didn't.

Of course Lyon is trying to win games, this isn't Sandringham. But he's not been rigid either. Just been trying to find something that works. Pretty normal at this stage.

We've changed all our medical staff this year haven't we? I don't see why you're bringing up decisions from 5 years ago.

No idea, that's why I asked.

I've done a full PCL myself, I could not walk for about a week then couldn't run for about 4 months.

The good news is I didn't need surgery and its healed up as strong as it ever was according to the doctor (I can't remember who it was but he was the sports medicine guy for Melbourne Storm)

If its just the PCL then should be no worries with Max rehabbing the knee back to full strength. ACL's are another matter.

Thing is, you know how this is going to end with Bassat and Lyon. Eventually the club will be forced to get rid of both and their replacements will be "strongly advised" to play the game and don't make trouble. The AFL will continue to serve their favourites and we'll be stuck in No-Man's Land, unable to improve and have to listen to imbeciles tell us the club is as incompetent as ever.

The House Always Wins.

No, F that. Fight on. Do not submit. Don't let The Man get you down. Believe. We shall overcome. I'm starting to understand now the relationship between a song like "When The Saints Come Marching In" and being a St Kilda fan. One day, they will not be laughing at us, it's happened before - I remember when they stopped laughing and had to pay us tribute, and it took one bloody schoolgirl and Michael Nettlefold to wreck it.
Think Bassat and Lyon are made of sterner stuff. They’ve already put some of the other clubs offside but they don’t appear to give a damn. Keep at it, I say.
Bassats done the hard yards, think he’ll continue to go at it like a dog with a bone even if it’s not out in the public for all to see.

For 2 months before the start of this season I was counting down waiting to watch the Saints play. Now I just want to fast forward 3 months to get it over with, and onto the list rejuvenation. The only way these last 8 games are going to be remotely watchable is if all the kids play - although maybe Wilson needs a rest.

Pou must come back in this week.

Garcia, Hastie and one of Heath/Keeler too.

Hoping Sharman gets isolated in F50 too, now that Max and Hammer are out. Looked dangerous last week.

Last edited:
I reckon we overacheved for half a season, the second half was pretty up and down.

When Crouch and Steele were both in form, we were pretty strong in the midfield, and our clearances were OK.

For 2 months before the start of this season I was counting down waiting to watch the play. Now I just want to fast forward 3 months to get it over with, and onto the list rejuvenation. The only way these last 8 games are going to be remotely watchable is if all the kids play - although maybe Wilson needs a rest.

Hoping Sharman gets isolated in F50 too, now that Max and Hammer are out. Looked dangerous last week.

Hastie played a pretty poor game on the weekend i think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For 2 months before the start of this season I was counting down waiting to watch the play. Now I just want to fast forward 3 months to get it over with, and onto the list rejuvenation. The only way these last 8 games are going to be remotely watchable is if all the kids play - although maybe Wilson needs a rest.

Yes but not all at once. Pou I'd leave another week till he backs it up.

Think Bassat and Lyon are made of sterner stuff. They’ve already put some of the other clubs offside but they don’t appear to give a damn. Keep at it, I say.
Bassats done the hard yards, think he’ll continue to go at it like a dog with a bone even if it’s not out in the public for all to see.
Bassats brother on the AFL Commish, Paul Bassat, should have a good inside word on how things are going

I wouldn't worry about that. The rumour was restarted by a guy who was claiming Pou was 100% going to Adelaide days before Pou signed his extension. And once it's out there, everyone else claims they heard it from someone who would know.

Not overly concerned.

Out of Marshall, Battle, King and Steele - the latter is the one I'd be least worried about losing. By a long way tbh. His attitude as a Captain has been really poor for a while imo. I think you can tell by looking at him he's not enjoying his job. I'm quite surprised he was Captain again this year and if he stays around, at the very least the captaincy needs to go to someone else, I wouldn't even have Steele in the leadership group. Just let the bloke play ffs and prove himself again. Yes racks up possessions and yes throws his body into other packs. But Jack Steele having a truly damaging game is very rare event these days. Lacks penertration in his kicking, lacks compusure, lacks a burst of speed, lacks leadership. Which for a person in his position at the Club is really awkward and potentially damaging.

Having said all that, I'm basically convinced Marshall ain't going anywhere. I can also tell King ain't going anyhwhere either, from the noises out of the Club. Battle a 50/50 but sure what can you do!

Steele would leave a hole in the midfield no doubt. But either get creative with current list (IE train Owens/others in there), hope for the best in the draft or perhaps bring in a mid from another Club.

Pick three in a better draft. This draft it’s like getting pick 13 last year. That’s idiot logic. Try to catch sides like North, Hawks and Gold Coast by losing good players with 7 plus year ahead of them hoping to get something better. Getting another Coff and Clark and we’ll be bottoming out for years in the hope that once they’ve all won a few flags we can come in at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back