USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Two weeks in politics, Trump now is finished.

When does he axe JD?
Not so fast. The shift away from Biden towards a new Democrat candidate is only days old and there's a lot of favourable reporting around Kamala Harris that is skewing perceptions of her real strength in the polling.

It will take at least another month before the new candidate glossy top coating starts to lose its sheen under the harsh spotlight and a hostile media. Once it does we will get a clear picture of the state of the candidates.

As experienced Washington political commentator Nick Bryant points out here - this game is far from over..

Not so fast. The shift away from Biden towards a new Democrat candidate is only days old and there's a lot of favourable reporting around Kamala Harris that is skewing perceptions of her real strength in the polling.

It will take at least another month before the new candidate glossy top coating starts to lose its sheen under the harsh spotlight and a hostile media. Once it does we will get a clear picture of the state of the candidates.

As experienced Washington political commentator Nick Bryant points out here - this game is far from over..

It isn't, but the Republican response to her becoming the candidate has been one of pure panic. They need to find a coherent attack and stop being freaks, which is very difficult for them.

As much as she's out to rain on the parade.

I work in Mental Health & it’s a pretty universal trait of people on the sociopath spectrum (of which many far more qualified people have agreed Trump is) to be incapable of admitting faults and to project them on to their accusers.

The same way he can’t admit losing (the guy cheats at Golf to the point of making up fake club championships he’s won without even playing) he cannot admit to being wrong about anything ever.

How many claims has he made about being the smartest, the best, probably understands this stuff better than experts, knows more about it than probably anyone etc.

He’s off the charts in narcissism.
And 75m lemmings in the US voted for him to be President.
How f**king stupid are they?

Will be interesting to see the polling after the DNC. There was obviously going to be some excitement around a new candidate after Biden’s debate debacle.
Big question will be around how much we see of Harris before the election. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take the Biden of 2020 approach, and hide her away as much as possible. Right now majority of Americans don’t really know who she is. Democrats best interests keep it that way. Let people vote against Trump, more than vote for Harris

Will be interesting to see the polling after the DNC. There was obviously going to be some excitement around a new candidate after Biden’s debate debacle.
Big question will be around how much we see of Harris before the election. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take the Biden of 2020 approach, and hide her away as much as possible. Right now majority of Americans don’t really know who she is. Democrats best interests keep it that way. Let people vote against Trump, more than vote for Harris
She's literally all over social media at the moment, pretty much the exact opposite of what you are saying. They didn’t hide Biden away in 2020 either.

Right wingers act like she's a moron who can't do public events. The fact is she's super intelligent and speaks well (unless you are blinded by race/misogyny, and she isn’t winning those people regardless), and people tend to like her.

She certainly presents better than Trump to the moderate/undecided voters that they need to win.

She's literally all over social media at the moment, pretty much the exact opposite of what you are saying. They didn’t hide Biden away in 2020 either.

Right wingers act like she's a moron who can't do public events. The fact is she's super intelligent and speaks well (unless you are blinded by race/misogyny, and she isn’t winning those people regardless), and people tend to like her.

She certainly presents better than Trump to the moderate/undecided voters that they need to win.

Yes but she LAUGHS

Yes.
I think she's already won the election and the government hasn't actually told us yet.

Yes.
I think she's already won the election and the government hasn't actually told us yet.
She's far from won, and i was very wrong on Hillary so i'm not making any predictions this time round other than she will win the popular vote by millions.

The electoral college though means she could very well lose.

She's far from won, and i was very wrong on Hillary so i'm not making any predictions this time round other than she will win the popular vote by millions.

The electoral college though means she could very well lose.
I think Trump will declare himself the winner regardless of what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, never happen obviously but Bibi addressing a near empty room would be good.
There were a lot of democractic members that didn't attend. Reports that roughly 100 of the 212 house dems and 27 of the 51 Dem Senators attended. That's less than 50% of total members.

They fill empty seats with staffers to make it seem full.

Ive said here before his time befpre Covid was fine - not great because everything was 2 weeks away - but it wasnt a clusterf

He was on track for another 4 years (imo) but then thought he was the smartest person in the room when it came to covid

You can steal as much money from the American people as you want but kill their parents and grandparents and there will be blowback
He told his cult not to post there votes in
There were a lot of democractic members that didn't attend. Reports that roughly 100 of the 212 house dems and 27 of the 51 Dem Senators attended. That's less than 50% of total members.

They fill empty seats with staffers to make it seem full.
like the oscars

She is all over social media right now, as she became the new nomination 5 minutes ago. It will be interesting to see if this ‘positive Kamala energy’ on the socials lasts until November.

‘People tend to like her’. Evidence of this? Her polling numbers throughout Biden’s presidency were not favourable. Her primary run 4 years ago was a disaster.

They did hide Biden away 4 years ago and it was the smartest move they made. Covid would smacking the US and Trumps response to the pandemic was very poor. Everytime he would speak he kept digging holes, so there was no need for Biden to do or say anything. Brilliant strategy. Like i said in my previous post, 2020 election was either vote ‘for Trump’ or ‘against Trump’.

In fact, the hide away strategy was what Trump was doing pre-assassination attempt. The media and the American people were smacking Biden around in regards to his age and mental faculties, so Trump laid low and his poll numbers went up.

It isn't, but the Republican response to her becoming the candidate has been one of pure panic. They need to find a coherent attack and stop being freaks, which is very difficult for them.

As much as she's out to rain on the parade.

Who exactly does she think she's appealing to here?

She is all over social media right now, as she became the new nomination 5 minutes ago. It will be interesting to see if this ‘positive Kamala energy’ on the socials lasts until November.

‘People tend to like her’. Evidence of this? Her polling numbers throughout Biden’s presidency were not favourable. Her primary run 4 years ago was a disaster.

They did hide Biden away 4 years ago and it was the smartest move they made. Covid would smacking the US and Trumps response to the pandemic was very poor. Everytime he would speak he kept digging holes, so there was no need for Biden to do or say anything. Brilliant strategy. Like i said in my previous post, 2020 election was either vote ‘for Trump’ or ‘against Trump’.

In fact, the hide away strategy was what Trump was doing pre-assassination attempt. The media and the American people were smacking Biden around in regards to his age and mental faculties, so Trump laid low and his poll numbers went up.
Biden, Kamala and Trump have all had negative approval ratings through this period. It's part and parcel of approval ratings. No one is positive. Polling Kamala as VP is funny, given the VP is mainly invisible so no one really knows what they've been doing.

Can only go by what see across various platforms at the moment. "People" are liking what they are seeing and hearing, some of it going back to when she was a Senator.

How was her primary run a disaster? She was doing ok, but the money wasn't there and it becamse pretty clear that it was a Biden v Bernie showdown (and even that was underwhelming), Biden was always the clear favourite.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back