USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Claims they are being taken out of context.

But can’t provide the context.
Every family has a Trump and they're invariably aging and indulged because of their advancing years. The under 40 MAGA is a different kettle of fish altogether, longing for an existence they never know just seems a bit weird and creepy.

There has been a bit of talk Obama wanted to acknowledge Biden first before switching to Karmala. Obama is class
I saw a few reports that Obama was keen for a nominee process and was blind-sided by Biden's acknowledgement of Harris. If that's true Biden's political instinct was much better than Obamas.

Whatever the case they needed to get away from everything that happened with Netanyahu and that awful statement Harris released as quickly as possible.

Ive heard them say they stand for everyone, this is the first time Ive actively heard them say people should have more votes if they breed like rabbits lol.

Which I don't think would deliver JD Vance the demographic he's thinking.

Took this screenshot of Trump voters interviewed by CNN the day after Biden stated he wouldn't be standing.

It was so funny, they were already repeating Trump's talking points on Biden and Harris. Not a working analytic brain amongst them.

View attachment 2059369

I get these vibes from that picture.....

94715645-177b-433f-a204-d6750a35980d_text.gif

I saw a few reports that Obama was keen for a nominee process and was blind-sided by Biden's acknowledgement of Harris. If that's true Biden's political instinct was much better than Obamas.

Whatever the case they needed to get away from everything that happened with Netanyahu and that awful statement Harris released as quickly as possible.
I don’t think Obama wanted to be seen to anoint Harris, but is happy (and obliged) to publicly support her now she has been anointed by the collective.

I don’t think Harris’s statement on the protests/Hamas was awful or unexpected. She’s putting a defensive stake in the ground so that when she is more vocal about the atrocities that Israel is carrying out (more vocal than Biden has been) she has push back against those who will (inevitably, still) try to paint her as anti-Israel and therefore anti-Semitic and a supporter of terrorists.

It has puzzled me why some politicians, especially heads of state/government (including our own) have found it so hard to articulate a condemnation of both Hamas’s actions AND the way Israel has responded.

I don’t think Obama wanted to be seen to anoint Harris, but is happy (and obliged) to publicly support her now she has been anointed by the collective.

I don’t think Harris’s statement on the protests/Hamas was awful or unexpected. She’s putting a defensive stake in the ground so that when she is more vocal about the atrocities that Israel is carrying out (more vocal than Biden has been) she has push back against those who will (inevitably, still) try to paint her as anti-Israel and therefore anti-Semitic and a supporter of terrorists.

It has puzzled me why some politicians, especially heads of state/government (including our own) have found it so hard to articulate a condemnation of both Hamas’s actions AND the way Israel has responded.
My initial feeling and what I tend to believe is the case is that he knows that his endorsement is a news story in itself and that he held off so he could make that endorsement it's own news cycle which appears to be exactly what they've done.

I think there are clearly Democrat voters who have been disenfranchised by the way the government has handled the Israel/Gaza situation and Harris had an opportunity to set herself apart from that. Skipping the Netanyahu address was a start but her statement having a crack at protesters was honestly pointless and made no one happy. She would have been better off saying nothing. Fox News and the republicans are going to paint her as a Hamas agent and an anti-semite regardless of what she does.

Biden has actually been pathetic. He has publicly stated and number of "red lines" and Netanyahu has walked over them with contempt every time and Biden has done nothing.

It is astonishing the arrogance of Netanyahu making that speech in the USA house. Someone has to pull him into line.

Biden has actually been pathetic. He has publicly stated and number of "red lines" and Netanyahu has walked over them with contempt every time and Biden has done nothing.

It is astonishing the arrogance of Netanyahu making that speech in the USA house. Someone has to pull him into line.
Netanyahu is unpopular with US jews and has a <40% approval rating in Israel. He's also actively hindered the efforts to bring the hostages home and he is literally a war criminal in the eyes of the ICC.

He should be condemned and it would be politically expedient to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took this screenshot of Trump voters interviewed by CNN the day after Biden stated he wouldn't be standing.

It was so funny, they were already repeating Trump's talking points on Biden and Harris. Not a working analytic brain amongst them.

View attachment 2059369

'Some House Republicans criticize choice of JD Vance as Trump running mate
Several House Republicans are criticizing JD Vance as Donald Trump’s running mate, the Hill reports.

According to the outlet, “veteran lawmakers, moderates and Reagan-styled conservatives” have anonymously spoken out about their disapproval towards Vance.

“He was the worst choice of all the options. It was so bad I didn’t even think it was possible… Anti-Ukraine, more of a populist. He adds nothing to the Trump ticket. He energizes the same people that love Trump,” said one House Republican.

“I think if you were to ask many people around this building, nine out of 10 on our side would say he’s the wrong pick,” another House Republican said, adding, “He’s the only person who can do serious damage.”

“The prevailing sentiment is if Trump loses, [it’s] because of this pick. It doesn’t help,” another House Republican said.'

Guardian

Mmmmm.

me thinks the Swifties have this. Doing voting friendship bracelets.Tour dates are

The ultimate single cat lady.
Seems she is not performing election day .if she did many thousands of 18 plus wouldnt vote in person . ( not forgetting a lot of the audience come from other states)

There are not enough people that call out when Trump and others refer to Obama as "Barack Hussein Obama".

I mean we know what the intention is there right?
Yep. Never understood why they refer to Trump as Donald J Trump, why they just use his middle initial rather than his middle name: Donald Jaundice Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back