USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

'By the way, I'm proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, first black woman... to serve with a black president. Proud to be involved of the first black woman on the Supreme Court. There's so much that we can do because, look... we're the United States of America.'

Lets hope he doesn't mix up Iran and Israel.
Or Nambia

Which nobody can provide links to or any evidence that it happened.
Hint: Just because something is trending on X, doesn't mean it happened.
Eh? :drunk:

No I want real links - not those lefty latte sipping biased sites

;)

I mean sure, I guess if he promises he'll only be a dictator abusing power and going after his political enemies, the media, local prosecutors for one day, what could go wrong. It's not at all concerning that SCOTUS have ruled that the President can simply ignore criminal laws so long as it's 'official' business.

Nothing to see here. Just the usual Trump 'exaggeration' right?
Thanks for linking that. There is another link in that article below which gives a good overview of his opinions and what is fact or not.

But none of the above is close to reality. You've cherry picked an organization and then somehow tied Trump's entire platform to it.
I don't think anyone has heard of 'Project2025' save for some conspiracy theorists on Twitter.

No I want real links - not those lefty latte sipping biased sites

;)
Well the below is probably right…

The document labels the FBI a “bloated, arrogant, increasingly lawless organization” and calls for drastic overhauls of this and other federal agencies,.

The pr0n thing is an interesting one. No doubt the pr0n industry is doing harm (along with gambling, tabbaco, alcohol and drugs), but not sure how they reconcile that with the whole increasing personal freedom thing (classic religion really).

Trump has repeatedly stated that abortion should be up to the states as far as I’m aware.

What in this project 25 doc worries people. Seems like a bunch of white Christian folk have compiled their Christmas list. Do people think Trump is going to push all of this through.

Few thoughts on your predictions above.
Just to tug on a few threads in this majestic tapestry of bullshit :tearsofjoy:

there will be no change in abortion laws as a result of Trump
Riiiiiight. There will be no change, indeed there has been no change, in the US on abortion laws as a result of Trump, nice one lol :drunk:

mass shootings are a result of decreased societal trust, lessening standards of personal responsibility, increased prevalence of mental illness not the number or access to guns
Mass shootings not due to access to guns, gotcha. Just mental health issues, wow I didn't actually realise mental illness only exists in the US, the more you know! :tearsofjoy:

Never mind the fact that Republicans have no interest in addressing mental illness issues anyway

Last edited:
Well the below is probably right…

The document labels the FBI a “bloated, arrogant, increasingly lawless organization” and calls for drastic overhauls of this and other federal agencies,.

The pr0n thing is an interesting one. No doubt the pr0n industry is doing harm (along with gambling, tabbaco, alcohol and drugs), but not sure how they reconcile that with the whole increasing personal freedom thing (classic religion really).

Trump has repeatedly stated that abortion should be up to the states as far as I’m aware.

What in this project 25 doc worries people. Seems like a bunch of white Christian folk have compiled their Christmas list. Do people think Trump is going to push all of this through.

The GOP has released a new policy platform since 2016. So we literally only have sound bites from Trump as to what he intends to do. Usually with no detail as to how he might do it.

According to this article the GOP are planning on re-writing their platform to be more concise, which sounds fine. But they've also flagged the previous policy had words the Democrats used against them. So my guess is it'll had fewer words, with limited detail as to how anything will be enacted. Suitably vague enough to provide headlines, much like the slogan Make America Great Again. No idea why it isn't great now, was great in the past but is no longer, or will suddenly be great again in the future.

Top advisers to Donald Trump are plotting an overhaul of the Republican Party platform that will dramatically slash its size and refocus the GOP around the former president’s agenda for a second term.

“Publishing an unnecessarily verbose treatise will provide more fuel for our opponent’s fire of misinformation and misrepresentation to voters,”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But none of the above is close to reality. You've cherry picked an organization and then somehow tied Trump's entire platform to it.
I don't think anyone has heard of 'Project2025' save for some conspiracy theorists on Twitter.

Translation: “I don’t like your answer and I don’t want to think.”

no

Sorry, you'll need to step me through how referencing Trump's verified quote of "other than day one" in response to being asked if he'll be a dictator isn't close to reality :drunk:

Another quote from the same article;
The former president, who has long expressed regard for authoritarian leaders and the power they wield, is now vowing vengeance and retribution as he outlines a second-term agenda marked by an unprecedented expansion of executive power, unparalleled interference in the justice system, and a massive purge of civil servants.

Indeed, hours before his remarks were aired, a longtime ally who is widely expected to serve in a top national security role if Trump returns to the White House vowed to target journalists in a second Trump term.

“We’re going to come after the people in the media who lied about American citizens, who helped Joe Biden rig presidential elections,” said Kash Patel, even though numerous federal and local officials, a long list of courts, top former campaign staffers and even Trump’s own attorney general have all said there is no evidence of the fraud he alleges.
Seems like a fair bit of overlap there with the Project 2025 stuff, no?

'By the way, I'm proud to be, as I said, the first vice president, first black woman... to serve with a black president. Proud to be involved of the first black woman on the Supreme Court. There's so much that we can do because, look... we're the United States of America.'

Lets hope he doesn't mix up Iran and Israel.

Nooooo… that’s surely not what he said?!

Just to tug on a few threads in this majestic tapestry of bullshit :tearsofjoy:

Riiiiiight. There will be no change, indeed there has been no change, in the US on abortion laws as a result of Trump, nice one lol :drunk:

Mass shootings not due to access to guns, gotcha. Just mental health issues wow I didn't actually realise mental illness only exists in the US, the more you know! :tearsofjoy:

Never mind the fact that Republicans have no interest in addressing mental illness issues anyway

There has been no real change on abortion laws and I'm not sure what it has to do with Trump anyway given he was not in power when RvW was overturned.

In any case, Trump is hardly a bible thumper. He has consistently said abortion laws should be left to the states so RvW is inconsequential anyway.

There has been no real change on abortion laws and I'm not sure what it has to do with Trump anyway given he was not in power when RvW was overturned.

In any case, Trump is hardly a bible thumper. He has consistently said abortion laws should be left to the states so RvW is inconsequential anyway.
Surely I don't need to step you through the mechanics of SC appointments? Surely!??

The man himself disagrees with you and FlowersByIrene on this one in any case

This idea that everything should just be left to the individual States; how long before Texas and California decide 'you know what, we have nothing in common and we're going to go our own way'.

Surely I don't need to step you through the mechanics of SC appointments? Surely!??

The man himself disagrees with you and FlowersByIrene on this one in any case

So he is now responsible for every decision the SC makes?
My understanding is that RvW was overturned on some technical legal issue anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back