USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Anyone else get the feeling the democrats are going to try to delude themselves into thinking biden is still their best bet?

2 days ago I thought it was a done deal. Now it looks far from that.
Alas they will go with Joe.

CM86
What are the top three things that you think Trump will do that you are worried about. May I also ask that you be explicit (ie don’t say something like increased erosion of minority rights), and give examples where useful.

Maybe go back to the 2012 debate between Romney and Obama. Civilized debate with both sides talking policy. Such a change from today's shit show.

Two much younger much more energetic, concise, coherent men.

Err that is projection on your part.

Do you think we are still living under restricted freedoms post covid?

I just think you went down conspiracy rabbit holes during covid and will stay there indefinitely as those views are too much part of your identity now to ever give up.
Yep, sunk cost fallacy and cognitive dissonance, regardless of his purported political degree!?

Not at all actually, i've been following politics my whole life and have a degree in it. I was just making the point that covid turned politics into something we couldn't reasonably comprehend before and now you all act like its normal.

That Trump University Degree isn't worth the paper you printed it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pelosi's comments on Morning Joe just now were a pretty big hedge.

“It’s up to the president to decide if he is going to run,” Pelosi said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” when asked if Biden has her support to lead the Democratic Party in November. “We’re all encouraging him to make that decision. Because time is running short.”

Pelosi's comments on Morning Joe just now were a pretty big hedge.

“It’s up to the president to decide if he is going to run,” Pelosi said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” when asked if Biden has her support to lead the Democratic Party in November. “We’re all encouraging him to make that decision. Because time is running short.”
The worst thing that you can do when confronting an authoritarian figure like Trump, is to appear weak.
Ditching Biden now, is weak.
The decision to replace Biden needed to be made before the primaries.
They didn't do it.

The 5 stages of grief:
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.
They will go with Joe.
They have no choice.
They stuffed up.

I’m still confident he will be gone before the dem convention on August 19. They are just hoping Biden can campaign like he would have 5-10 years ago and turn it around.

When it’s obvious that’s not happening with the polls next 2 weeks, he will “resign”.

I still also think behind the scenes there are discussions on what the process will look like to replace him and this whole “we are with Biden until death” is a distraction which buys them time to figure it out.

I’m still confident he will be gone before the dem convention on August 19. They are just hoping Biden can campaign like he would have 5-10 years ago and turn it around.

When it’s obvious that’s not happening with the polls next 2 weeks, he will “resign”.

I still also think behind the scenes there are discussions on what the process will look like to replace him and this whole “we are with Biden until death” is a distraction which buys them time to figure it out.
If the Democrats were dealing with a rational Republican Party, I would agree with you.
However, the MAGA Party is insane.
The Democrats are dealing with insanity.
The Democrats can't back down down now.
Indecision in this instance is weakness.

I still think so, in terms of all the people currently saying he’s their man in the Democratic Party they are going to say that up to the exact moment he no longer is.
He has the full support of the Board

I think the Dems are cooked. Biden certainly isn’t pushing voters to Trump, he’s just pushing them away from the polls altogether which we all know is a Republicans dream.
There's no proof that Biden is pushing votes away from the Democratic Party.
Care to offer some proof up?

The worst thing that you can do when confronting an authoritarian figure like Trump, is to appear weak.
The even worse position is to do nothing

Trump will do and say whatever he wants so let it happen anyway
Ditching Biden now, is weak.
The decision to replace Biden needed to be made before the primaries.
They didn't do it.
I think the discussion should have been had 18 months ago but it can still happen

There's no proof that Biden is pushing votes away from the Democratic Party.
Care to offer some proof up?
In the American system people not turning up to vote is a version of pushing

Its not so much voting for Democrats its having enough votes to defeat the Republicans - the same as it was 2020

The even worse position is to do nothing

Trump will do and say whatever he wants so let it happen anyway

I think the discussion should have been had 18 months ago but it can still happen
The Democrats did do nothing. That's the worst position as you say.
By dumping Biden, Trump will say that the Democrats are indecisive
and weak.
Yes, the decision should have been made months ago.
But no, it can't be changed so late in the campaign.

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back