USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

I already know what Trump said.
You can't expect ppl to read all of the links.
To post what you did is just plain dumb.
Just change/add a word or too to make it clear.
Most ppl just skim thru these posts and many will now think you are just a troll or idiot (which you are not, as you are 'Satan')
And he promoted russia to do more wars

Excuse me if this has been discussed already.

But why aren’t the dems aren’t using Trumps History of Colliding with Russian in the current campaign?

The bloke was impeached for it yet it seems to have been forgotten, in the current environment it’s pretty important isn’t it?
They got found out that it was made up. Would be silly to try and lie about it again. They have tried to just scream racist & sexist etc about Trump but haven't fought too much on policies.

Now the inflation is out of control and Americans are struggling most people want answers on how to get out of it. They can't get a proper sentence out of Joe so they don't trust he will help.

The other thing to remember is the candidate has to get his/her supporters to actually vote as it's not compulsory. Biden is doing a terrible job at this and one thing Trump does very well.

They got found out that it was made up. Would be silly to try and lie about it again. They have tried to just scream racist & sexist etc about Trump but haven't fought too much on policies.

Now the inflation is out of control and Americans are struggling most people want answers on how to get out of it. They can't get a proper sentence out of Joe so they don't trust he will help.

The other thing to remember is the candidate has to get his/her supporters to actually vote as it's not compulsory. Biden is doing a terrible job at this and one thing Trump does very well.

Again, the inflation thing is another furphy.

You seem to keep doing this.

I checked the numbers last night before these came out and these are across the board correct

+1 on most polls done today

I guess given the nature of US Politics a deeper dive into swing states would make for a clearer idea

I checked the numbers last night before these came out and these are across the board correct

+1 on most polls done today

I guess given the nature of US Politics a deeper dive into swing states would make for a clearer idea

Yeah, the thing people need to remember is that Trump is not a 'normal' candidate.

He's literally the most polarising figure in US political history.

There's really no such thing as a 'swing' voter who wasn't going to vote for Trump, and then decided to support him after he was shot at by a Republican incel.

This has been the most disappointing part for me

They have known Trump would be the presumptive - and now - nominee for 2-3 years but its been soft glove time

I dont know who their advisors are but there is a wasteland of stuff that would cripple a normal person
I think there is just some kind of Trump scandal exhaustion. Most news consumers have heard everything already.
Maybe just play greatest hits of Trump's past, but they must put it on local terrestrial TV stations. And produce more SM for younger, not clued in voters.
I agree in that the DNC need to take the gloves ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, the thing people need to remember is that Trump is not a 'normal' candidate.

He's literally the most polarising figure in US political history.

There's really no such thing as a 'swing' voter who wasn't going to vote for Trump, and then decided to support him after he was shot at by a Republican incel.
Exactly. It's all going to come down to turnout. US politics isn't about appealing to undecideds anymore, because there isn't really any of them left. It's about frothing enough of the base that they come out to vote.

Because the US system is... let's say 'a bit biased'... Biden will need to win the popular vote by about 3-4 percent before he can even think about winning the electoral college.

So basically he's no shot right now. And unless something can ignite the democratic base then nothing is going to change.

Last edited:

Core inflation is now down under 3.3 per cent. I.e its not even remotely out of control but almost back in the target range of 2-3 per cent. Markets expect the Fed to start cutting rates in September.

Sorry but inflation out of control arguments arent valid anymore.

However there is one policy that will boost inflation back up sharply. Trumps massive tariffs on imported goods, particularly from China. If you are concerned about inflation, you cant vote for Donald.

These polls are pointless. 2000 voters is nothing. Literally nothing. And who knows where those survey voters are located. If the majorty are on the coasts then that is a disasterous poll for biden.

what matters are the polls in the swing states. And polls of tens of thousands of voters in those states and properly proportioned across urban and non urban areas.

Exactly. It's all going to come down to turnout. US politics isn't about appealing to undecideds anymore, bedlcause there isn't really any of them left. It's about frothing enough of the base that they come out to vote.

Because the US system is... let's say 'a bit biased'... Biden will need to win the popular vote by about 3-4 percent before he can even think about winning the electoral college.

So basically he's no shot right now. And unless something can ignite the democratic base then nothing is going to change.
Yep, Texas is a perfect example of this:

RDT_20240717_110616876539958699721448.png

This has been the most disappointing part for me

They have known Trump would be the presumptive - and now - nominee for 2-3 years but its been soft glove time

I dont know who their advisors are but there is a wasteland of stuff that would cripple a normal person

Extending this, I would have expected a campaign along the lines of "Trump will give in to Russia and China."

I know that it's more nuanced than that but hammering the giving in part would be political campaigning 101.

The whole "Biden is responsible for the Ukraine war" trail of thought is directly at odds with the whole "Trump doesn't start wars" line.

If Trump doesn't start wars, then whats to stop China invading Taiwan if they believe Trump won't interfere?

Either admit you want to be isolationist, in which case Bidens response to the Ukraine war is basically what you want under Trump anyway; or admit that the last two democratic presidents also didn't start wars and Trump is nothing special.

Trump is like the schrodingers cat of war.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back