USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

lol took me a few moments to remember that he was actually vp once, and who the presidential candidate was. I mostly remember him getting slapped for comparing himself with JFK.
And I voted for Bush in that election. :laughv1:
Remember how fresh it felt when Clinton was elected and the generational torch passed? Little did we know at the time we'd still be stuck with Boomers nearly thirty five years later.

Actually I had high hopes of a Gore admin. The brave new world sort of thing JFK fostered. I was just flabbergasted they voted in Bush the W, then angry by the shenanigans in FL. In a way that was a beginning of GOP BS.

How do the Democrats pivot if - as it seems likely - they do?

The 1st problem is does Joe indeed step down? Given the rumblings and the money men murmuring its likely - using health as an excuse

But then is Kamala Harris the best person to move forward? We saw how difficult it was for Obama and already rumblings about Kamalas parents right to citizenship have been raised

THOUGH a few of these SHOULD disappear with the emergence of JD Vance and by extension his wife who is of Indian descent

Harris has the runs on the board as VP and would be a front runner - dropping her would cause even more mess than Biden quitting - but it can be done

Harris may choose - or be seen to choose a ''double or nothing'' ie she 'came in with Joe and leave with Joe' then be given a plum Cabinet position or Ambassadorship

Ipsos July 15 has Harris even and 1% behind Trump - which is better than the 10% I saw a week ago . I think with the focus on Harris this may increase or decrease on how she bonds with people
We've been rewatching Veep (yet again) and we just watched the episode last night where the President is choosing not to run for a second term and Selina is the happiest she'll ever be in the show. There's no way Kamala doesn't want to step up to the plate.

I’m not endorsing the editorialising here (QAnon conspiracy theories, while apparently not as widely held, are wild), but this is a ridiculous number.

Reckon a better comparison would be republicans who believe the 2020 election was stolen.

70% btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to believe Trump was shot at, I remain slightly cynical about whether he was actually shot.

If an AR-15 bullet hit his ear, it wouldn't be there anymore. Instead of a ridiculous oversized bandage, he'd need one of these.

s-l1600.jpg

yeah the whole trump shooting thing seems kinda fishy to me. if he really got hit by an ar-15 it would've done way more damage than just needing a bandage. ppl are so quick to believe anything these days smh

yeah the whole trump shooting thing seems kinda fishy to me. if he really got hit by an ar-15 it would've done way more damage than just needing a bandage. ppl are so quick to believe anything these days smh
How long have you been a ballistics expert? Is there much work in that field in Australia.

I'd love to know how you got into your field.

Hasn't it been established that the ear damage was from the teleprompter shattering, not direct contact from a bullet ?
I heard the same but it appears that was a hoax.

I’m not endorsing the editorialising here (QAnon conspiracy theories, while apparently not as widely held, are wild), but this is a ridiculous number.
Yep. That poster and the Free Beacon newsletter has a self confessed MAGA bias so relying on its summary would be unwise. Because the devil is always in the details and context is critical when it comes to publishing of survey results.

But following the links to look at the actual poll and its source takes you to a poll conducted by a credible for-profit polling organisation called Morning Consult. But unfortunately accessing the data to confirm the conclusions claimed by Free Beacon is not possible for non-members/subscribers.

Nevertheless Morning Consult posts these summary points:

• 3 in 5 voters said American political rhetoric was responsible for the political environment that led to the attack, according to our survey conducted days after former President Donald Trump’s ear was grazed by a bullet in Pennsylvania. Notably, 38% of voters said Trump himself was to blame for the violent moment.

• Over half of voters, including 53% of Biden supporters and 52% of Trump’s supporters, said they were “very concerned” about election-related violence this year, while roughly 2 in 5 said they were “somewhat concerned,” with little divide based on candidate support.

• Roughly 1 in 5 voters said they find it credible that the shooting was staged and not intended to kill Trump, including a third of Biden’s supporters and 12% of those who back Trump. The majority of voters (62%) said the unsubstantiated notion is not credible.

So not nearly as outrageous as claimed by a MAGA aligned newsletter, unsurprisingly.

BlueAnon and BlueMaga are the lamest attempts at name calling ever

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back