USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

One interesting thing this new form of the race does is call into question the need for such long presidential campaigns in the US.

Bit of chatter about "can Harris make a mark when it's just over 100 days to the election?" Maybe, just maybe, most people (beyond the supporters on both sides) aren't tuning in until the last few months.

Political junkies love the long campaign but it's long been suggested that the populace don't really tune in a=until after Labor Day (early September), when they're back at work / school etc.

It kind of brings the US into line with the rest of the world which manages to get through elections in a few weeks / months.

AFAIK stuttering doesn't just go away, you can learn to manage it. But most people with stutters aren't POTUS and subject to an indepth analysis of every time they talk and make a mistake under huge amount of stress and pressure. Stress and pressure being key 'triggers' for stuttering.

Stuttering does go away with treatment.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

Yep. During the height of the pandemic he thought out loud. How far this quote has been taken is laughable. A nothing back of a napkin idea.
So he did imply it but because it doesnt suit you its a nothing burger?

This is like the hasnt been convicted of pedophilia claim

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?”

Yep. During the height of the pandemic he thought out loud. How far this quote has been taken is laughable. A nothing back of a napkin idea.
A senior White House foreign policy official has pushed a plan to partition Libya, and once drew a picture of how the country could be divided into three areas on a napkin in a meeting with a senior European diplomat, the Guardian has learned.

Sebastian Gorka, a deputy assistant to Donald Trump under pressure over his past ties with Hungarian far-right groups, suggested the idea of partition in the weeks leading up to the US president’s inauguration, according to an official with knowledge of the matter. The European diplomat responded that this would be “the worst solution” for Libya.

Gorka is vying for the job of presidential special envoy to Libya in a White House that has so far spent little time thinking about the country and has yet to decide whether to create such a post.

Sure, but it does show he's a fecking idiot.

The president of the free world suggested that injecting bleach could be an idea.

A little different to someone "thinking out loud"

Old Dopey Donnie does do this a lot though

One interesting thing this new form of the race does is call into question the need for such long presidential campaigns in the US.

Bit of chatter about "can Harris make a mark when it's just over 100 days to the election?" Maybe, just maybe, most people (beyond the supporters on both sides) aren't tuning in until the last few months.

Political junkies love the long campaign but it's long been suggested that the populace don't really tune in a=until after Labor Day (early September), when they're back at work / school etc.

It kind of brings the US into line with the rest of the world which manages to get through elections in a few weeks / months.
The point you are raising is valid if harris wins. But its up to the parties to decide when they want to start campaigning and put foward a nominee. There is no election umpire that says it needs to start by a certain date. The parties choose to start early because they think it will help them win.

The point you are raising is valid if harris wins. But its up to the parties to decide when they want to start campaigning and put foward a nominee. There is no election umpire that says it needs to start by a certain date. The parties choose to start early because they think it will help them win.

Agree. Just think their assumptions (based on history but not a recent alternative) can be questioned. It's all very entertaining but a massive waste of money (unless you're in advertising).

So assuming Harris gets the Presidential nomination, she will be the Vice-President during the campaign and according to Trump and the majority of the Republican Party, as Vice-President she gets to certify the outcome of the election when both Houses sit in January 2025?

She gets to certify if she wins or not????

And Joe as President will have total immunity during this time and can pardon whoever he wants??

Now that is 4-D Chess!!!!

A lot of their election length was due to the size of the country and the need to be seen by as many people as possible

Early 1800s it was one corner of the US and done by word of mouth

Then as America grew so did the need to be visible to everyone and trains became the norm - again time required

But yes I do think this could lead to a rethink - Biden did most of his from home in 2020

The gushing over biden today has been ridiculous. The guy didnt show sacrifice. He went down kicking and screaming revealing extreme narcissim (admittedly not to trumps level but an awful level nonetheless) and has done damage to the democrats election chances by not leaving months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So assuming Harris gets the Presidential nomination, she will be the Vice-President during the campaign and according to Trump and the majority of the Republican Party, as Vice-President she gets to certify the outcome of the election when both Houses sit in January 2025?

And Joe as President will have total immunity during this time and can pardon whoever he wants??

I’ll see your high court domination and presidential immunity and raise and switch

That would be soo funny.

Agree. Just think their assumptions (based on history but not a recent alternative) can be questioned. It's all very entertaining but a massive waste of money (unless you're in advertising).
I simply dont get why they cant vote for the nominee on one single day like with the presidential election. Why does it have to go state by state.

The gushing over biden today has been ridiculous. The guy didnt show sacrifice. He went down kicking and screaming revealing extreme narcissim (admittedly not to trumps level but an awful level nonetheless) and has done damage to the democrats election chances by not leaving months ago.

I’ve not read most mainstream media so far but I assumed it would be a circle jerk.

I imagine morning Joe will be all tears on MSNBC later.

I simply dont get why they cant vote for the nominee on one single day like with the presidential election. Why does it have to go state by state.
I'm guessing because it's the United States of America. Was set up as a collection of colonies / states rather than a centralised country.

You’re allowed to admit it was idiotic.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back