USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Seems the kind of pick you make when you think you can win in a landslide.

Usually they'd go for some boring guy who will do Trump's bidding but not steal the limelight. Now they have gone for a guy who has more extremist positions on abortion and no fault divorce than Trump himself.
Yeah, I think they were looking for a successor.

Of the Democrat politicians, obviously.

But for selfish reasons I am onboard with a Taylor Swift endorsement.

Aren't the GOP legitimately worried about a Swift endorsement? I recall it being a 'thing' a while back.

Aren't the GOP legitimately worried about a Swift endorsement? I recall it being a 'thing' a while back.

All Taylor Swift has to do is encourage everyone to vote, to the republicans that is a dog whistle to democrats, for the reason they want as few people voting as possible.

The “call in” from Biden made me think about Kamp Krusty episode, where they watch the tv set on stage of Krusty: “hi kids. Welcome to the Democratic Nomination. I’ll see you all in a few weeks. Until then, I’ve turned this over to my bestest buddy in the whole wide world…. “Kamala Harris”. I want you to treat…. “Kamala Harris” with the same respect you would give me. Now here’s…. “Kamala Harris”.

Biden supporters: ‘you pulled out Joe, how could you?’

Biden: ‘the democratic donors drove a big dump truck full of money up to my house. I’m not made of stone’
Dem donors just saw how effective AIPAC have been on getting Joe to do whatever they wanted so knew he had a price?

Seems the kind of pick you make when you think you can win in a landslide.

Usually they'd go for some boring guy who will do Trump's bidding but not steal the limelight. Now they have gone for a guy who has more extremist positions on abortion and no fault divorce than Trump himself.

exactly this. its hubris. they think they've got it in the bag. why they wouldn't choose someone who would offer something other than just MAGA, instead they've just doubled down. The whole RNC/TNC was a clown procession of Dear Leader bile. I dont think I heard a single detailed policy position even mentioned, It was all just kissing the ring. The GOP is now completely the party of Trump, there is no coming back from here. I've been saying it for years; the only funny thing about thing about this whole Trump shit show is that it will be the end of the GOP.

'CNN reports that Beyoncé has given Harris her approval for the campaign to use the singer’s song Freedom as its official tune.'

Will be interesting how much they use the celebrities. Whether they have learnt from the Hilary campaign that used celebrities like Beyonce and Jay-z on stage. Feel like Biden steered away from that and it worked.

trump thought he was going against Biden and win . Jd was not going to be successor, just a loyal stooge. Junior would have stepped in 2028, now all bets are off and trump will have a fighton his hands , The black men and women , and latino vote will shift to Harris, The college white women 18-34 prime child bearing age will go to harris because of roe va wade and other potential womans right issues

Maybe, but that will be very interesting which direction they go in after Trump goes (either via death or handing over power to someone else).

Could be a real power vacuum, and many rusted on Trumpers are there for the perceived entertainment value as opposed to being true believers in any far right dogma that his enablers are in favour of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, but that will be very interesting which direction they go in after Trump goes (either via death or handing over power to someone else).

Could be a real power vacuum, and many rusted on Trumpers are there for the perceived entertainment value as opposed to being true believers in any far right dogma that his enablers are in favour of.

Yep, currently the Trumpers and the Project 2025 group are uneasily aligned.

The latter see Trump as a vehicle for achieving their aims and Vance would be a good successor in their eyes, in fact much better than Trump because he actually believes this stuff.

Trump is all about Trump. He and his surrogates are doing some pushback against Project 2025, partly because he's lying about being influenced by them and partly because he doesn't want to be seen to be influenced.

For Project 2025 backers (Heritage, Bannon etc.), it's vital that they achieve their aims now because they're trying to set up an oligarchy. Trump doesn't care what happens after he's finished.

Will be interesting how much they use the celebrities. Whether they have learnt from the Hilary campaign that used celebrities like Beyonce and Jay-z on stage. Feel like Biden steered away from that and it worked.
I don't think getting Taylor Swift, Beyonce and others can hurt imo

I don't think getting Taylor Swift, Beyonce and others can hurt imo

It depends how closely they associate themselves with the celebrity.

If it looks like they're fan-girling and 'smaller' than the celebrity (which most politicians are), that's when it looks bad. Only a few politicians have comparable levels of celebrity. Obama did (he was on a par with Beyonce and Jay Z) and Trump does (partly because he can't get any mega-celebrities to endorse him).

Harris would be smart to just let Swift etc do their thing but not look like she's seeking their endorsement.

Posted elsewhere, but with Biden dropping out from the 2024 presidential election this marks the first election since 1980 without a Biden, Bush or Clinton on the ballot.

1980 - Bush VP
1984 - Bush VP
1988 - Bush President
1992 - Bush President, Clinton President
1996 - Clinton President
2000 - Bush President
2004 - Bush President
2008 - Biden VP
2012 - Biden VP
2016 - Clinton President
2020 - Biden President

Posted elsewhere, but with Biden dropping out from the 2024 presidential election this marks the first election since 1980 without a Biden, Bush or Clinton on the ballot.

1980 - Bush VP
1984 - Bush VP
1988 - Bush President
1992 - Bush President, Clinton President
1996 - Clinton President
2000 - Bush President
2004 - Bush President
2008 - Biden VP
2012 - Biden VP
2016 - Clinton President
2020 - Biden President

If thats the case, Obama could run. Though they would probably make up some shit that it means you are allowed one 8 year term only.
A twice-before-elected President may become Vice-President either through appointment or through election and — like any other Vice-President — may thereafter succeed from that office to the Presidency for the full remainder of the pending term.

It goes without saying that decent folk adhere to the intent of the Constitution and not rely on creative legal positions to exploit loopholes.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back