USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Can Harris impact the swing states?

Sure the Libs are frothing at having a nominee that can actually remember what planet they are from. But the electoral role system means that only means so much.

The swing states that Biden won?

It's Trump that needs to impact them. Not sure if he can do it by playing the perpetual victim.

Let's face it, Trump is a one trick pony.

There are a few huge positives for America.

The Swifties are engaging in politics.tick.
The Swifties will vote. tic.

Not exactly what RNC want though.

DJ said yesterday he doesnt need people to vote as he has plenty.

uh huh.
Red state GOPs will pass laws stating iPhone playlists will be checked before allowing registration for voting in elections.

How does he keep saying the quiet parts out loud lol

So he's either saying

1. In 4 years they won't have elections
or
2. He'll do such a good job in his 4 years, that it won't matter who you vote for after that, the country will be that cool and awesome. Plus he won't care who people vote for if he's not running (selfish).

Given his level of narcissism, I'm going to say he was angling at option 2.

So he's either saying

or
2. He'll do such a good job in his 4 years, that it won't matter who you vote for after that, the country will be that cool and awesome. Plus he won't care who people vote for if he's not running (selfish).

Its not a good soundbite and given his history maybe he said what he was thinking

But

3. This is the most important election you face so we need you to vote now - even if you have never voted before or will again this is the one

It could be interpreted - with the non-compulsory voting laws - that he is urging people to get out this time. Sure there is a whole lot of Me Me Me in his words - because he wont care in 4 years - but I can see a path where it is all about him and now

So he's either saying

or

Keep in mind this is a speech from Turning Point a very far right place- Charlie Kirk makes a fortune,I have no doubt he will run for a political position in the future.

So he's either saying

or

Option 2. If wrong see option 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he's either saying

or

The interpretation of this is another example of the lingering power of old norms.

Traditional thinking would say he misspoke and he meant that this election is consequential and everything would be fixed in another Trump term so the next election is less consequential.

New thinking would take into account everything about Trump (e.g. Jan 6, Project 2025, just about every action or word) and say he means Option 1.

We still haven't learned to take him at his word because we're still adopting traditional thinking. People have continued to do this for the past 8 years as he has broken through every norm he can. It's real frog in boiling water stuff.

He clearly means he will tear down democratic elections if he wins. There is no other interpretation.
I have one other interpretation which he is a complete moron that yabbers without coherent thought or consideration of consequences for his ramblings whilst he holds court

I think, if you could see his audience, that most of them won't be around in four years to vote.
They should be OK if they do the cleaning, like with bleach internally.

He clearly means he will tear down democratic elections if he wins. There is no other interpretation.
Or change the voting eligibility to favour him and his party.
Like no voting if you don't have kids. (people who can't have kids exempt)
Raise the voting age.
Remove voting rights from a whole lot of other people.
Make it harder to vote, for those that don't vote for him and/or his party.
Make it more dangerous to vote, for those that don't vote for him and/or his party.
Try and ferment a groundswell so that people will fear losing their jobs or not being offered a job, if they don't vote for him and/or his party.
Facilitating a public register of people who openly support other parties he and his party oppose, and label them anti-MAGA's.
Just a selection of things he and his party might try.

Or change the voting eligibility to favour him and his party.
Like no voting if you don't have kids. (people who can't have kids exempt)
Raise the voting age.
Remove voting rights from a whole lot of other people.
Make it harder to vote, for those that don't vote for him and/or his party.
Make it more dangerous to vote, for those that don't vote for him and/or his party.
Try and ferment a groundswell so that people will fear losing their jobs or not being offered a job, if they don't vote for him and/or his party.
Facilitating a public register of people who openly support other parties he and his party oppose, and label them anti-MAGA's.
Just a selection of things he and his party might try.
I hope Biden goes after the Supreme Court as the highest priority for his last six months.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back