USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you have a particular demographic that's struggling shouldn't programs be specifically targeted at them to help reverse that?
It's the particular group she is struggling with in the polls though. This is a pure vote grab and people are silly if they don't see it. You clearly would not be saying the same thing if a republican came up with this.

Programs like this based on race should not be allowed at all.

I've been watching polls on 538 for many years now. I guess a poll(Patriot Polling) begun by two high school students in 2022, now college freshman, seems to hold the same weight as the NYT/Siena College, ABC News/Washington Post, Marquette University Law School, YouGov, etc polls on 538's accumulative results.

Using 538 polling is questionable to prove anything. I might conduct a poll of registered American BF posters in this thread and send it in to 538 to add to Nate's list. Also, the continual use of Tweets to prove anything is useless unless, of course, you wish to cite MY Tweets.

I have received a total of seven emails from the Harris/Walz campaign so far today asking for money. My pension only goes so far...

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

RCP does appear to include more Republican aligned pollsters which have been flooding polling averages.

538 still has Harris winning WI, PA, MI and Nevada (which has undercounted Dems in polling recently).

Georgia likely to go red, Arizona too, though I wouldn't count out the abortion ballot and senate race (very unpopular Republican candidate) having a bigger say in turnout than suggested by polls. Similar in NC with the governor's race (very unpopular Republican candidate), though it's always a tease for the Dems.
Imagine Kari Lake in the senate.:oops:

Nope. Not even close. Utterly unprecedented in US history.

Trump setting records for all the wrong reasons yet again.
He Lost the Senate and Lost the House and in the end the White House all in four years.
This has never happened before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching polls on 538 for many years now. I guess a poll(Patriot Polling) begun by two high school students in 2022, now college freshman, seems to hold the same weight as the NYT/Siena College, ABC News/Washington Post, Marquette University Law School, YouGov, etc polls on 538's accumulative results.

Using 538 polling is questionable to prove anything. I might conduct a poll of registered American BF posters in this thread and send it in to 538 to add to Nate's list. Also, the continual use of Tweets to prove anything is useless unless, of course, you wish to cite MY Tweets.

I have received a total of seven emails from the Harris/Walz campaign so far today asking for money. My pension only goes so far...

Nate doesn't work at 538 anymore.

The comparison was between 538 and RCP, not saying 538 is infallible.

Though Nate also has Harris in front by 1pt or slightly less in PA, MI, WI and NV, with Trump winning by the same in GA, NC. Arizona is out to a big 1.6pt lead to Trump.

Trump as a candidate should be 25th’d now, his dementia is really showing!
Wtf is this insane dribble?

“Disgusting illegal alien…… who was let into the United States….by Kamala……and her lax…law, she, they, the, everyone of my killer, we had the great, she woulda, he woulda never been able to get in, she stopped every single one of them. She was the border Czar, but now she doesn’t admit that. Whether you call her a Czar or not she was no Czar, because she really wasn’t a Czar”.

A man of his mental acuity shouldn’t be in charge of a cake stall at a County Fair, let alone be given the WH!
Trumps doing work experience this week at the golden arches for 30 minutes.

There was an interesting discussion on the most recent 538 podcast about pollsters using voting choices at the 2020 elections.

Pollsters do it to try and not under-count Trump voters, but there's no evidence that this is an effective method, yet 75% of pollsters are doing it.

I guess we'll find out on 5 November but it's another reason to be sceptical of polls.

Forgot about that. I haven't looked at RCP for a while. 538 was always the go-to source in the Obama campaigns. How I miss those days.

Though Nate also has Harris in front by 1pt or slightly less in PA, MI, WI and NV, with Trump winning by the same in GA, NC. Arizona is out to a big 1.6pt lead to Trump.
I'm heartened by the 538 stuff because they use aggregates and find the mean

With the Republican poll spamming this still hasn't shifted the needle

Bored Cabin Fever GIF
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Waiting for Nov 5.

This will be drowned out over the next 2-3 pages, and it’ll be fast 😂
Is this an example of you wanting genuine discussion?

Why not just give your opinion of the article?

For mine, nothing really to discuss as the polls have been changing almost weekly with every poll.

Everyone knows the polls are close.

The following did make me laugh though as not sure what 'a stunning comeback' is given that it is well within the margin of error. It is just a click bait article.

The former US President has made a stunning comeback with just 19 days until election day.
His Democrat opponent Kamala Harris, who had been leading, has been losing ground in the key battleground states that will decide the election.
Recently, Ms Harris maintained a lead in the popular vote of about +2 points, but that has since slipped to +1.4.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back