USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah - she should have.

But the left and identity / race politics go together like strawberries and cream. And they simply don't understand that the majority are sick and tired of this woke garbage.

And that is what will lead to their inevitable electoral downfall.
Are you saying that the MAGA itself is not totally based on identity politics? Are you really trying that?

You've gone very quiet KAYNE
I don't login for a few hours and bang ambushed.

But none of them are really racist policies. Deporting illegal immigrants isn't racist. And raising trade tariffs isn't a racist policy though. Not saying I agree with them as well.

But even some Dems and independents would be horrified at the thought of a policy proposal that is based on race. That was my point.
There are already policies and programs based on race.

The people who are "horrified" are usually a certain type of racist.

I don't login for a few hours and bang ambushed.

But none of them are really racist policies. Deporting illegal immigrants isn't racist. And raising trade tariffs isn't a racist policy though. Not saying I agree with them as well.
What a cop out and you ignored the blatant racism from Trump that was highlighted above.

Kamala was asked about Trump’s anti-trans ad blitz that’s pretty disgustingly taking the Tory path in the culture war to persecute innocent people to attack their opponent. Thankfully, and to her credit, she didn’t take the Starmer path of joining in and going with it (although she could’ve stuck her neck out a little more).

You guys really struggle to hear her word salad is no better than Trump speeches dont you. It's worse in fact

Keep the pom poms on, can't have criticism of your team. A team that isn't even australian ffs
Her word salads are effing awful. But they only occur on certain topics.

But trumps are ten times worse and literally all the time. How do you not see it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are already policies and programs based on race.

The people who are "horrified" are usually a certain type of racist.
Racism is "discrimination based on race". Those who discriminate based on race are by the very definition: racists. Those who advocate for equal rights and laws and opportunities for all races are by the definition "not racist".

Racism is "discrimination based on race".
If you want to view it a certain way to get a certain type of argument to work, then yes.

To everyone else it's a Sponge Bob definition.

Racism is "discrimination based on race". Those who discriminate based on race are by the very definition: racists. Those who advocate for equal rights and laws and opportunities for all races are by the definition "not racist".
Historical context matters. Until the mid sixties racist discrimination was still legal in America and programs like Harris' try to redress the historic and inter generational imbalances this created.

If you want to view it a certain way to get a certain type of argument to work, then yes.

To everyone else it's a Sponge Bob definition.
No its the original defintion. The widely used definition. And the correct definition. The only one that potentially lead to a society that ends discrimination and enables all races to have equal opportunities, live peacefully together and have equal and high standard of living (although this goal also relies on ending generational transfer of wealth and properly implementing anti racist policies by all levels of government - neither of which have been achieved).

Affirmative action policies are not racist and quite important if they aim to overcome race based misinformation and bias against races (both deliberate and subconcious).

Affirmative action policies become racist if they are soley about representation and pushing advantages to one race over another based on historical disadvantage (which is simply a form of race based revenge). Those who push the second type of affirmative actiom are racist people by the actual definition. They are creating a society in my view that will lead to further race based discrimination in the future even if they dont realise it as they are normalising race based discrimination enabling all sides to justify implementing more of it in the future.

No its the original defintion. The widely used definition. And the correct definition. The only one that potentially lead to a society that ends discrimination and enables all races to have equal opportunities, leave peacefully and have equal and high standard of living (although it relies on ending generational transfer of wealth and properly being implemented by all levels of government).

Affirmative action policies are not racist and quite important if they aim to overcome race based misinformation and bias against races (both deliberate and subconcious).

Affirmative action policies become racist if they are soley about representation and pushing advantages to one race over another based on historical disadvantage (which is simply a form of race based revenge). Those who push the second type of affirmative actiom are racist people by the actual definition. They are creating a society in my view that will lead to further race based discrimination in the future even if they dont realise it as they are normalising race based discrimination enabling all sides to justify implementing more of it in the future.
I was born in the early 70s, in the context of life being a marathon and not a sprint I would have most likely started about twenty ks in front of an Indigenous kid born on the same day as me so I don't think it's unreasonable to have programs aimed specifically at correcting that.

No its the original defintion. The widely used definition. And the correct definition.
Nah.

You're leaving out context - as Gough said.

Laws that apply to all, but harshly punish crimes mostly committed by indigenous kids in some parts of the state? Not racist according to the "correct" definition.

Directing funding to research new ways to help those Aboriginal kids in impoverished areas and improve their communities to head off this criminal trajectory? Racist according to the "correct" definition.

How is that logical?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back