USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Project 2025 is basically a blueprint for removing safeguards. Defunding the police. That sort of thing.

Where is the proof that more people of faith, will cop less jail time for rape, under Trump? If you’re going to (Onegreatclub) make that type of claim, back it up with facts.
All I’m seeing so far, are assumptions.

Last edited:

Wokeism has played a huge part.

People are sick of having woke ideals shoved down their throat at every turn.

Which parts? Trans, White hate, Welcome to country to start..:

I'm not sure where to start with this utter rubbish.
Let's start with the trans issue. Do you actually know anyone who identifies as trans? Any dealing with any? Or is anything you see found on tv/social media? They aren't taking this path to get easy access to women and children. Are there bad people that use it as a way. No doubt. But those numbers would be extremely small. As many have pointed out there are plenty of straight white religious types that seem to get arrested for doing such things. Why no outcry there?

It's ridiculous to think that being aware of the privilege that white people and in particular white men have had over centuries is a negative thing. And yet when we acknowledge that privilege it gets termed white hate. What an absolute crock. (Im white, male in my 40s and quite happy to admit I've been lucky to be privileged. Even though I spent my early childhood in lower socio-economic areas, dealings with DHS, foster families, domestic violence, drugs and social housing. I consider myself a lot luckier than others who happened not to be white. Hell i even had the chance to have my own lawyer to argue my case that i shouldnt have been made ward of the state)
Is that why we have cowards in my area masking up and throwing the nazi salute around thinking it makes them tough?

Lastly, what the **** is so goddamn scary about a Welcome to Country. Does it actually hurt you? Are your sensitivities so fragile that some words welcoming you to country makes you suffer? Put yourself in the shoes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. I think their suffering gives them a right to make us reflect on what our nation has been responsible for and if that makes white people uncomfortable then good.

Woke is used as a device of fear for those who fear progress and change. Who wish for things to stay the same and keep the status quo. The same type of people that no doubt thought homosexuality should have remained against the law in state legislation around the country. Or that those that thought that those who weren't white shouldn't enter the country or even that the term of Terra Nullius was a perfectly reasonable argument. Or that wives were the property of men able to be used whenever they wanted. Like it was before the 1970s in the country.

So when I hear woke being used as an argument I automatically assume I'm hearing it from a white guy with fears he is no longer going to be privileged.
That isn't changing for a while. But it's about time the playing field is being levelled.

Would be pretty hard to reply to

“Is it wokism (and if so which parts in particular)?”

Without mentioning wokism.
Define wokeism.

You have been asked so many times but you refuse to answer.

Is paying the Old Age pension (or the US equivalent) woke?

Ensuring that workers are paid a basic living wage for all hours worked woke?

Ensuring that any US citizen can afford basic medical care woke?

Ensuring that all residents of the US have access to required levels of education to compete against the rich woke?

Allowing the First Amendment apply to all Americans so that people can protest without threat of being opened fire upon woke?

Banning books from Public Libraries because they don't confirm with some Bronze Age theology woke?

Come on, you were one who mentioned woke; define it

Or are you just recounting sound bites which appeal to your fear of the under class competing with you in a fair merit based system knowing your ego couldn't handle the fact that you'd fail

Your failure to interact with the people on this forum in good faith responding to your unproven statements just proves you are a troll

Define wokeism.

You have been asked so many times but you refuse to answer.

Is paying the Old Age pension (or the US equivalent) woke?

Ensuring that workers are paid a basic living wage for all hours worked woke?

Ensuring that any US citizen can afford basic medical care woke?

Ensuring that all residents of the US have access to required levels of education to compete against the rich woke?

Allowing the First Amendment apply to all Americans so that people can protest without threat of being opened fire upon woke?

Banning books from Public Libraries because they don't confirm with some Bronze Age theology woke?

Come on, you were one who mentioned woke; define it

Or are you just recounting sound bites which appeal to your fear of the under class competing with you in a fair merit based system knowing your ego couldn't handle the fact that you'd fail

Your failure to interact with the people on this forum in good faith responding to your unproven statements just proves you are a troll
I answered earlier today…

And is gender changing procedures defined as 'healthcare they require '?
If the gender dysphoria is contributing to suicidality (which is seen outside of the prison population) then it might. This is the problem with laws there are nuances which the simple minded (trump) cannot or will not understand

project 25’s golden boy Vance if he becomes POTUS.

Speaking of, I’m still waiting. Any luck?

If women don’t come out in droves there will be more of this for them and their children under project 25 .

How do you get through to them?
Unbelievable

Where is the proof that more people of faith, will cop less jail time for rape, under Trump? If you’re going to (Onegreatclub) make that type of claim, back it up with facts.
All I’m seeing so far, are assumptions.

Your claim was that this will happen more often for people of faith under Trump. I’d like to know your evidence of this.

Kamala is not exhausted like the old man is

Where was she last night?
No Show at the Al Smith dinner, an “important tradition” her words, that she chose to skip.
Must’ve been prepping for her upcoming hard hitting interview with the Rev.

USA Today: biased (as every media is) but mostly factual
Two articles from last summer about Project 2025
MBFCMostlyFactual.png

Some Project 2025 contributors have trail of racist writings, history

Project 2025 decried as racist. Some contributors have trail of racist writings, activity

Most reporting or research show Christian Nationalist backgrounds of P25.

from the nonpartisan Kettering Foundation

Project 2025: The Blueprint for Christian Nationalist Regime Change

5 second Google search, longer to check out the sources

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A long document on predictions related to immigration plans between the two candidates.
Worth a read.
Here is the conclusion.

Conclusion
Given the long-term trends of fertility rates and population aging in the U.S., immigration is projected to be an increasingly important factor underlying labor force growth (Vespa, Medina, and Armstrong 2018). Policies that constrain immigration would shrink the size of the labor force. In addition, immigration has been shown to raise productivity, generating further long-run growth that has not been incorporated into our estimates.
The consequences for the aggregate economy are clear, but the fiscal effects of immigration are also worth noting. Immigration improves the federal budget because immigrants pay more in federal income and payroll taxes than they use in federal benefits. In a 2017 consensus report, the National Academies of Sciences calculated that the marginal benefit to the federal budget of each additional new immigrant and their descendants over 75 years is $326,000 in present value in 2023 dollars (or $259,000 in the study as reported in 2012 dollars). However, states and localities often face fiscal challenges in the short run when absorbing new arrivals; see Edelberg and Watson (2022) for a proposal to address that imbalance.
Regardless of how immigration flows play out over the next four years, there is widespread agreement that the immigration system is in need of repair. The lack of congressional direction contributes to the wide disparities in policy based on the choices of the executive branch. The time is long overdue for Congress to grapple with immigration reform.
It's not exactly news that immigration has become the primary factor behind economic growth in recent decades, with particular reference to first-world nations with declining birthrates. That particular observation has slipped into the realm of "common knowledge" among those who debate these things, for better or worse.

The last paragraph of the conclusion reeks of "somebody do something", but I'll leave that note there, with the observation that presenting potential policy isn't an obvious aim of this study, and that there was one reference to a proposed solution in one of the references - Edinberg and Watson - which I am wading through, but am yet to find. I'm sure it's in there, somewhere. Still, kudos for at least posting something worth reading in this thread.

A couple of further notes:
Firstly, while the immigration debate centres around the economic benefits, other factors are in play. Although the economic benefits of immigration are obvious, at least in the medium term, those benefits are often lauded as an "answer" to the immigration debate in general, often using a deliberate motte-and-bailey strategy.

Secondly, I think that the increasing reliance of first world nations on immigration as a solution for socio-economic issues (to whit, declining birth rates and their effect of economic growth) presents itself as very shallow and short term thinking. It undermines or negates any serious study of declining "native" population increase, and the implications of aspects leading to that state. It's a band-aid.

As noted above, there are definite negative social and environmental effects, among others, of a continually increasing population (particularly if the increase is rapid). That aspect is often ignored or downplayed.
In addition, it relies upon mass immigration being always possible, or that first world nations will always have the freedom to set limits upon immigration, as opposed to trying to find ways to encourage it.
In a nutshell, migrants are a finite resource.

Do you think rising world populations are beneficial other than in a broad economic sense?

On the subject of the correlation of population growth with economic growth, though, here's something of interest as a cautionary counter point:
I don't think the Australian situation at present correlates exactly with the American one, considering the massive difference in overall population and available resources at the very least, but that article presents a view worth noting.

Where was she last night?
No Show at the Al Smith dinner, an “important tradition” her words, that she chose to skip.
Must’ve been prepping for her upcoming hard hitting interview with the Rev.
Her earings werent charged up

Do you think we should focus on increasing birthrates now, in order to decrease the need for future immigration?
Your question is forcing me to make a decision based upon the presumption that population growth is desirable, which I believe I've addressed in the post you've quoted.

I think Australia's first focus should be on determining the reasons for natural population decline in the first world, first and foremost. We could sit back and observe the American experience as is currently being played out in this election, but I'm wondering how long it'll take before the consequences of actions taken over there will be fully realised.

I also think that any such research will either be confined to the dusty archives of academia if found to be problematic, or politicized.

Your question is forcing me to make a decision based upon the presumption that population growth is desirable, which I believe I've addressed in the post you've quoted.

I think Australia's first focus should be on determining the reasons for natural population decline in the first world, first and foremost. We could sit back and observe the American experience as is currently being played out in this election, but I'm wondering how long it'll take before the consequences of actions taken over there will be fully realised.

I also think that any such research will either be confined to the dusty archives of academia if found to be problematic, or politicized.
But couldn't the negatives be offset with regulations. Something along the lines of tax offsets for R&D investments rather than profit? And a super-profits tax.
The problem seems to be with rapid or unsustainable population growth. Not population growth in itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back