USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerrymandering impacts the House, it has an infinitesimally small impact on the Electoral College and hence the presidential race. And Dems play the game just as much as Republicans.

Yes, gerrymandering is a form of corruption, yes Republicans do it more than Democrats, but to suggest that Republicans would have significantly less presidents because of the practice is folly.
Less direct impact sure.

But it impacts state and federal lower house elections, which impacts voting logistics and restrictions (through laws), which impacts governor's races, state supreme court elections and federal senate elections, which further impacts voting logistics and restrictions for Presidential elections and the makeup of the Supreme Court (who have the final say over gerrymandering and election practices).

Republicans knew what they were doing. Democrats thought they had the federal landscape sorted, but Republicans went to work at the state level to later impact the federal.

Democrats have been trying to even it up, though I'm not sure they are there yet (even at the congressional level).

Last edited:
Less direct impact sure.

But it impacts state and federal lower house elections, which impacts voting logistics and restrictions, which impacts governor's races, state supreme court elections and federal senate elections, which further impacts voting logistics and restrictions for Presidential elections and the makeup of the Supreme Court (who have the final say over gerrymandering and election practices).

Republicans knew what they were doing. Democrats thought they had the federal landscape sorted, but Republicans went to work at the state level to later impact the federal.

Democrats have been trying to even it up, though I'm not sure they are there yet (even at the congressional level).
I appreciate all that and you are correct.

But paradoxically, the legislatures and courts have actually been "better" at curtailing the practice by creating more independent bodies and being less receptive to clearly gerrymandered boundaries.

I guess my broader point is that there are myriad reasons why one of the parties gain executive power at the federal level, and gerrymandering is not even in the top 10.

Its wild to me a political party is going so hard on the "we are the religious loving righteous" when politics should never ever be about whoms imaginary friend is best.

Separate church and state clearly isnt a GOP thing.

Last edited:
Well he's certainly not a globabist, I don't think he gives a shit about Israel or any other nation, enemy or ally. That plays to his base.

He doesn't even care about his country, it's all me me me.

No he won't pull support for Bibi but he won't bend over backward to help him either.

If you were to take him at his word, he just wants to shut off from the rest of the world. That's how I read it anyway.

Well mr no new wars did more drone strikes in 2 years than Obama did in 8, kept funding the Saudis war on Yemen, sent the embassy to Jerusalem, ripped up Iran nuclear agreement and let Israel take the Golan Heights and will do the same if he’s allowed back in for the West Bank.

He goes to the highest bidder basically, if he decides to nuke Iran it will be spun by his followers here he did it for peace or some shit.

Gerrymandering impacts the House, it has an infinitesimally small impact on the Electoral College and hence the presidential race. And Dems play the game just as much as Republicans.

Yes, gerrymandering is a form of corruption, yes Republicans do it more than Democrats.
The above would have been sufficient.

I appreciate all that and you are correct.

But paradoxically, the legislatures and courts have actually been "better" at curtailing the practice by creating more independent bodies and being less receptive to clearly gerrymandered boundaries.

I guess my broader point is that there are myriad reasons why one of the parties gain executive power at the federal level, and gerrymandering is not even in the top 10.
But it shows one party will openly and actively seek to gain power without bothering with the pesky little detail of convincing people they are the right party with the right policies.

And this generally means, they will subvert the election in any way they can get away with.

It's like cybersecurity. You can protect your system all you want, but if their is one little crack, someone will find it and exploit it.

Imop, even one serious attempt at something like gerrymandering, wether it's top 10 reason someone's elected or not, utterly invalidates that party, that political body as being fit for office.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trump will win.

There has been a swing of more than 5% to him from the two minorities groups.

There are swings of non college educated voters towards Harris, smaller percentage but much more people.

We have seen this movie before, that minorities are all jumping on board trump, then it turns out to be a bit of a nothing burger.

Big issue for Dems in Michigan is Muslims just not voting.

I was never really a twitter person - set up an account so I can read tweets but never posted - but I've recently made the mistake of having a look after a few weeks of not doing so. We all know that Elon is a f***wit of the highest order, but I'm still shocked at how much twitter has deteriorated recently. It's now just an absolute cesspit of morons talking MAGA bullshit.
I never joined Twitter seems a good choice I made.

FK will just turn around and say he was with the Dems all along if/when they win (after all the fraud conspiracies are done) and he was just here for the bantz.
Well if she wins (unlikely at the present state of play) then I'd certainly jump ship... for the right price. I called the KGB last week and said
"Yeah hi it's FK from bigfooty here m8... yes, the FK... and I'm willing to stay in character for just double what you were paying Tim Pool... it's a bargain m8".
But they would just not stop laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if she wins (unlikely at the present state of play) then I'd certainly jump ship... for the right price. I called the KGB last week and said
"Yeah hi it's FK from bigfooty here m8... yes, the FK... and I'm willing to stay in character for just double what you were paying Tim Pool... it's a bargain m8".
But they would just not stop laughing.

Is there an Aussie equivalent of Tim Pool? I mean it’s a lane for you to explore.

You’d have to produce really bad music and create a skatepark though.

Other parts of the grift you’d need to adhere to:

- claim to be anti war, but only ever criticise Ukraine. Supporting Israel, that’s different.

- Claim to be left leaning and want left leaning policies but sing the praises of Trump

- Maybe try some menosphere/incel content, blame women for your followers being single and not getting laid

- Blame literally everyone (well the dems and the woke mainly) but yourself for your and your followers failings.

You’ve already got the character down pat to a fair degree but maybe just need to tighten up a few loose ends.

Last edited:

Too mainstream, shes on the Aussie equivalent of Fox.

Timmy boy is just an online voice really, I mean I have no idea who he’d appeal to, aside from angry divorced dads and incels.

Like he’s not aspirational in an Andrew Tate way to be part of the manosphere, he isn’t smart or have good arguments, he’s just sorta there. And I guess, without Russian money, no longer there.

Well mr no new wars did more drone strikes in 2 years than Obama did in 8, kept funding the Saudis war on Yemen, sent the embassy to Jerusalem, ripped up Iran nuclear agreement and let Israel take the Golan Heights and will do the same if he’s allowed back in for the West Bank.

He goes to the highest bidder basically, if he decides to nuke Iran it will be spun by his followers here he did it for peace or some shit.
Yeah there is that, but again for personal gain only. If he had choice I don't think he'd deal with anyone and just shut off the US from the world. That's the rhetoric he speaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back